Metal Storm logo
Nasum

23.10.2006 - 19:50
Basso
Account deleted
So here it is the Nasum thread that didnt exist until now on the new forums. I am atm listening to "Helvete" one fucking amazing album.
Lets discuss nasum. This fantastic band that dissolved because of the wonderful singer died in the Tsunami. RIP

Cheers
23.10.2006 - 20:33
SkinChamber
Account deleted
One of my fav bands, up there with Naplam Death! 'Helvete' is excellent, as are all there releases! My favs would have to be 'Industrialaven', 'Inhale/Exhale and Human 2.0, however with Nasum it's hard to go wrong!

RIP Mieszko.
23.10.2006 - 20:45
kackbratze
Written by Guest on 23.10.2006 at 20:33

One of my fav bands, up there with Naplam Death!

I like Napalm Death very much and I like grindcore. Maybe I should check out Nasum once again. So far I only heard "Human 2.0" and didn't really like it. It sounds so pulpy...
23.10.2006 - 21:23
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
great stuff. i used to be a big fan but now im put off a bit by the production. nowadays id prefer to listen to something a bit more crusty like scalplock, agathocles, deviated instinct etc.

but nasum were great nonetheless. it wasn't just about making a racket. they had consistently catchy riffs and thats why they stood out fron the crowd.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
24.10.2006 - 00:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Nasum is fucking great and it's such a shame that Mieszko died. I still remember the day I went on metalunderground.com and read the article about his death. Anyways, just like tommy tee, I used to really be into them, but I haven't taken the time to listen to them in a while.
24.10.2006 - 01:47
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Really great grind band. One of the best, up there with the greats. Too bad they aren't around anymore. I never even checked before this to see if there was a Nasum thread. Kind of surprising that there wasn't.
RIP Mieszko
24.10.2006 - 18:30
Basso
Account deleted
Great to see atleast some Nasum fans here. !
22.03.2007 - 11:59
I gotta breath life into this thread:

I am definitly not a HUGE fan of extreme metal (I'm more of a prog/power guy), and this may be because I got started in underground music with punk music, but I love Nasum. The album I started with is Shift, which is a great album to start with because it has alot of melody moments between the grinding. And it snowballed from there. I never was a fan of gore-type lyrics so to find this band mainly confronting more political themes it was a great fit. My Nasum albums are always a sore thumb when people look through my cd collection but they definitly do it for me, I can listen to the fury of grindcore riffs and blast beats and listen to thought provoking messages. I myself dont really like raw production type music (contrary to Tommy Tee) so I definitly favor the latter albums but I still dig on alot of the early stuff (I also have Grind Finale).

So then I guess you guys agree with alot of fans I talked to about shift being sorta dismissed by big grindcore fans cause of the production and songs like Wrath, The Smallest Man, and Fury?

Oh and on their early stuff, like Industrislaven (?) the more growly guy is the drummer, right?
25.06.2008 - 07:38
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
did one of Nasum's members die recently or was i hallucinating at the time?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.06.2008 - 07:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Are you talking about Mieszko? He died in like 2005 or something
25.06.2008 - 21:47
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Dangerboner on 25.06.2008 at 07:53

Are you talking about Mieszko? He died in like 2005 or something

He was one of the many victims from the tsunami Disaster on december 2004...

An awful way to die
Unfortunately, I don't like them... Don't ask why, I just don't feel anything while listening to them :
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.06.2008 - 20:09
Candlemass
Defaeco
One of the best grnidcore bands out there...
Interestd in there future?
Try Coldworker
02.07.2008 - 01:33
dehydration
Account deleted
That's a fucking shame about the tsunami incident. It was a really great band, with good lyrics and crushing riffs combined with the drums. One of the top bands of grindcore probably.
04.07.2008 - 18:43
ß
Problem?
One of the better grindcore bands out there. I never knew they disabandoned because one of their members died... really unfortunate
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
11.10.2009 - 18:20
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.06.2008 at 21:47

Unfortunately, I don't like them... Don't ask why, I just don't feel anything while listening to them :

I totally take that back... I got the four albums and damn.. they are so brilliant in my ears now. So catchy and brutal grindcore. Human 2.0 has some groove on it that I really like
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.10.2009 - 01:37
Galar
Wicked Mung
Nasum rulez
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
14.10.2009 - 07:21
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I remember this band. Back in the late nineties I gave a small crap about. not to say they are bad...just i didnt care.
15.11.2009 - 23:09
Morbid_Florist
It's a shame I've never got to see them live. Inhale/exhale is brilliant.
26.11.2009 - 14:41
Stigmatized
Anyone else have Grind Finale? I've had it for awhile but only really listened through it recently and there is some great stuff on there.
27.11.2009 - 18:56
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Stigmatized on 26.11.2009 at 14:41

Anyone else have Grind Finale? I've had it for awhile but only really listened through it recently and there is some great stuff on there.

Yeah I bought it when it came out, the "digibook" packaging is really nice. It has like a billion songs on it though so I don't remember much about it. Have to give it a spin again sometime.