Metal Storm logo
Aborted - Lineup Changes/Album News

Belgian Brutal Death Metal outfit Aborted have posted the following update:

"Ok everyone, time for a big update on what has been going on with Aborted in the past months. To confirm rumours, drummer Gilles & bass player Olivia are no longer part of the band. Here is the official statement of the band:

Being in a band like Aborted at this point takes a lot of investment and commitment, right now we are not making money to support members of the band. Every tour is a financial hazard for the band which forces us to keep the small amounts of money we do make on shows to keep as backup if anything goes wrong on tour or any other situation, so that we don't have to pay the bills from our own pockets anymore. The result of this is quite simple: we can't afford to pay band members to play in this band. These conditions are simple facts & didn't work for Gilles & Olivia, which made it quite obvious they couldn't be in the band anymore.

We would like to welcome Peter Goemaere, who also plays in Emeth as a replacement for Olivia, Peter already performed with the band on a show in Tel Aviv (Israel) where he replaced Olivia who cancelled few days before leaving for Israel.

The band is currently recording the new album "Slaughter & Apparatus: A Methodical Overture" with producer Tue Madsen at the Antfarm in Denmark. Drums on the record have been taken care of by Dave Haley from the band Psycroptic and drums in the upcoming shows this & next year (until a fitting permanent replacement has been found) will be handled by Etienne Galo from the band Negativa. Etienne's first show with the band will be on oktober 31st in Opwijk, Belgium. The band is currently taking auditions for a new drummer, serious inquiries can be sent to aborted@telenet.be or avernusstudios@gmail.com

The new album is scheduled to be released worldwide mid February through Century Media Records & features several guest performances by Jeff Walker (Carcass), Jacob Bredahl (Hatesphere) & Henrik Jacobsen (Hatesphere), containing 11 new tracks:

01. The Chondrin Enigma
02. A Methodical Overture
03. Avenious
04. The Spaying Séance
05. And Carnage Basked In Its Ebullience
06. The Foul Nucleus Of Resurrection
07. Archetype
08. Ingenuity In Genocide
09. Odious Emanation
10. Prolific Murder Contrivance
11. Underneath Rorulent Soil

Besides the regular 11 new tracks, the band also recorded 2 covertracks for limited editions or Japanese release being "Slaughtered" from Pantera & "Surprise! You're Dead" from Faith No More."

The band's first official DVD, "The Auricular Chronicles" will be released by Listenable Records on October 30th region free and NTSC format."

Source: goremageddon.be
Band profile: Aborted
Posted: 23.10.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 0 users
23.10.2006 - 22:08
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
A hurricane!
I can't wait for the new album, Archaic Abattoir was very good and Goremageddon too... And in a week I will buy the DVD!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
24.10.2006 - 00:33
Daru Jericho

I guess they'll struggle with 2 less members (maybe) but either way I hope they release an album better than the last one...
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

25.10.2006 - 08:07
genocide
Account deleted
Covering Faith No More????? dont know if that was a good idea, have to wait and see
26.10.2006 - 04:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Aborted fucking rules, but I'm sure they're in the process of selling out.

Bring Giles back!!!!
20.12.2006 - 17:34
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Dave Hayley as session drums!! AWSOME!! Well i already knew this a while back when he told me lol.

Still have to get just because Dave's on their... but i do agree with pyroleprechaun a wee bit
----

Hellcunt Smurf

Hits total: 2051 | This month: 5