Metal Storm logo
Kreator - New Album Cover Art Revealed

German thrash metallers Kreator have finally unveiled Phantom Antichrist's cover art. Their new album marks the debut for Nuclear Blast and is set for release on June 1st (Europe) and June 5th (North America). More album details were previously reported here.

The band posted the following on their Facebook page: "And here it is! We just revealed the cover art of our highly anticipated new album Phantom Antichrist. The piece has been created by iconic artworker Wes Benscoter who has worked for heavyweights such as Slayer, Dio or Black Sabbath before."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kreator
Posted: 10.02.2012 by DaMaGeR

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 29   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 350 users
10.02.2012 - 20:59
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
Written by Angelic Storm on 02.02.2012 at 21:01

I have a feeling the artwork shown here is part of the overall cover, and not the cover itself. And as Deadmeat just said, the cover may not even be finished yet. In any case, I'm glad it's not just a variation on the pointy eared mascot's head, as has been the case for most of their albums since "Coma Of Souls".

I have my fingers crossed this will be better than "Hordes Of Chaos", which was a little disappointing. I really like the album title though!

You have been proved correct! Much more impressive than the single art imo. Quite enjoyed "Hordes" personally, hopefully this will be even better!
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742
10.02.2012 - 21:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by LordFezzington on 10.02.2012 at 20:59
You have been proved correct! Much more impressive than the single art imo. Quite enjoyed "Hordes" personally, hopefully this will be even better!

Indeed I have been! lol

I'm totally awestruck by that artwork, it really is amazing! It's totally horrific, but in a good way, and is a great piece of artwork from the legend Wes Besconter! I really hope the music contained within can reflect it's beastly front cover. "Hordes" was good, don't get me wrong... just a bit disappointing overall for me.
10.02.2012 - 21:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Holy goddamned shit, that cover is absolutely SICK. I love how gratuituosly violent and morbid everything about it is.
10.02.2012 - 21:12
Rulatore

Not sure if liked, but I have the same feeling that when Vader unveiled their artwork for "Welcome to the Morbid Reich", feels old-school

High hopes in this one
10.02.2012 - 22:02
Darkmember

That's fucking sick!!!
----
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
10.02.2012 - 22:23
Edmund Fogg

That has got to be the greatest interpretation of the four horseman I ever saw. Epic
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
10.02.2012 - 22:52
strade

I came, I saw, I came.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
10.02.2012 - 22:52
sylrmha

I like it!
10.02.2012 - 23:10
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
Written by strade on 10.02.2012 at 22:52

I came, I saw, I came.

You must have some deviant sexual tastes!
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742
11.02.2012 - 00:26
RavenKing

Very old school. Just as I like.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
11.02.2012 - 00:41
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Really awesome cover. Hopefully the content will match it.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
11.02.2012 - 01:11
Red_Travis

11.02.2012 - 01:45
whitepawel

Now that's a cover!
11.02.2012 - 02:17
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Fuck! i am really not sure about how "killer" the album will be, but i am sure that this cover art is AMAZING! i am stocked since i saw it! its AMAZING! AWESOME!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
11.02.2012 - 03:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Alakazam on 11.02.2012 at 02:12
Ha, the main middle guy looks like a Lord Of The Rings Orc!

The "guy in the middle" is Kreator's "Demon" mascot! lol This is the first time since "Terrible Certainty" that anymore of him other than his head has been shown. (Although the original "Extreme Aggression" artwork featured more of him too, but not many people have seen that as it was quickly banned, and replaced with the more familiar band photo on the front cover)
11.02.2012 - 04:06
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
I don't see anything special about this cover art. The most important is that this album will kick our asses really hard.
11.02.2012 - 04:09
Hugoj33

Excellent
11.02.2012 - 04:25
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
This is actually a really cool cover, can't wait for the album
11.02.2012 - 04:29
Mountain King
K i K o
Nothing special honestly...
11.02.2012 - 07:31
Never To Dawn

Really awesome cover!!!
11.02.2012 - 10:40
TerrorZone

Now release the title track!
11.02.2012 - 11:48
serega25

The cover is brutal and thrash!:banger:
11.02.2012 - 12:47
Rot Teufel

I got a deja vu...
Am I the only one that associate this cover to Pleasure to Kill and Terrible Certainty? It seems me like a mixture between those two covers...
----
Destroy all dreams, illusion damned in fire... A hellish need for power, it's my dark desire...
11.02.2012 - 13:30
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Rot Teufel on 11.02.2012 at 12:47

I got a deja vu...
Am I the only one that associate this cover to Pleasure to Kill and Terrible Certainty? It seems me like a mixture between those two covers...

well, except the red background and the variety of stuff on the picture i think that it has no relation to Pleasure To Kill and of course no relation to Terrible Certainty. even the colors are more familiar to Violent Revolution. but the fact with those 2 albums you've mentioned is that this new cover of "Phantom Antichrist" is so good that it enters the "hall of fame" ( ) of their best album covers (among with those 2) so that they are now 3 (Terrible Certainty, Pleasure to Kill and Phantom Antichrist)!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
11.02.2012 - 14:48
.Nick

Looks cooler than the single artwork that was revealed earlier. Hopefully the music on the album will have a nice old school vibe to it as well.
11.02.2012 - 16:56
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Red_Travis on 11.02.2012 at 01:11

The amount of energy this smiley pukes out here shows the love for this artwork. Next album of Kreator, the artwork should depict something only! Holshit!
12.02.2012 - 23:31
Bleeding angel

Ah,those classicists
13.02.2012 - 07:57
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Interesting design. Just looking at it now it sort of took a few moments to process but I like that they're moving on from their recent string of similar cover artwork.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
15.02.2012 - 20:09
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
FUCKK YEAHHHH.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,