Metal Storm logo
Catamenia

24.10.2006 - 08:50
FOOCK Nam
I found no topic for Catamenia, a band once I found on radio and got impression. Can u tell me what u think of this band and what good album of them?
24.10.2006 - 14:30
Damnated
Churchburner
what is epic in catamenia?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
24.10.2006 - 14:51
Southern Wind
Account deleted
@Damnated: what?

This band is interesting but grows old rather fast... I personally think "Winternight Tragedies" is very enjoyable, close behind comes "Eshkata", but overall there's nothing extraordinary on Catamenia.
24.10.2006 - 15:21
Sunioj
I fucking love this band!! Winternight tragedies is a masterpiece, maybe not as black metalish as their older stuff, but its really heavy. Morning crismson is also one of my favorites along with Eshkata.

@Southern wind,
Hmm, maybe thats because you are more educated about BM than I am, Im mainly a DM and melodic metal fan so I dont know what generic BM really sounds like cuz I know like 5 or 6 BM bands.
24.10.2006 - 16:23
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 24.10.2006 at 14:51

@Damnated: what?

ithe topic cathegory is/was 'epic black metal'

anyways, I agree with you. Catamenia is just too boring after a while; I'm bored with their covers too
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
24.10.2006 - 17:13
FOOCK Nam
Written by Damnated on 24.10.2006 at 14:30

what is epic in catamenia?

Well the epic element of them is the melody of clean vocal. They are same as Windir and Wintersun that all using clean vocal, exact high vocal,... well I dont know how to name this type of vocal, really high.
25.10.2006 - 05:02
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I have the album "Eternal Winter´s Prophecy" and I don't find almost anything melodic in Catamenia, the music is really good but the vocals aren't so good imo
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
25.10.2006 - 08:45
FOOCK Nam
Written by The Alchemist on 25.10.2006 at 05:02

I have the album "Eternal Winter´s Prophecy" and I don't find almost anything melodic in Catamenia, the music is really good but the vocals aren't so good imo

I have listened to Eterna Winter..., just listened some sample of Location: Cold, and some track show that they have melodic and closely to epic, such as The Day When...Anyway when I listened to some old track of Catamenia, maybe from their demo, it is not melodic at all. Their music change quite different by their subgerne. Because u and me have listened to different albums of them, so the genre of self -defined are different. Anyways, do u think the album "Eternal Winter's Prophecy" is good enough to buy?
25.10.2006 - 13:43
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
i only listened to Eternal Winters Prophecy and im very enthusiasm with it. Really great stuff
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
25.10.2006 - 15:05
Sunioj
@Jet Viking,
Yes their sound changed alot since their first and second album, now they are more melodic (winternight tragedies etc.) and approach their music in a less atmospheric manner with their newer albums, but I still like both phases.
25.10.2006 - 20:57
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by FOOCK Nam on 25.10.2006 at 08:45

Written by The Alchemist on 25.10.2006 at 05:02

I have listened to Eterna Winter..., just listened some sample of Location: Cold, and some track show that they have melodic and closely to epic, such as The Day When...Anyway when I listened to some old track of Catamenia, maybe from their demo, it is not melodic at all. Their music change quite different by their subgerne. Because u and me have listened to different albums of them, so the genre of self -defined are different. Anyways, do u think the album "Eternal Winter's Prophecy" is good enough to buy?

Well, if you really like black metal vocals, then it's a very good album, imo, the album has a great epic touch, if you like both, then it's a perfect album
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
26.10.2006 - 09:21
FOOCK Nam
@Hellraizer, yeah when I listened some sample of them, it didnt seemed similar. And I really like the rich of style of them.
@The Alchemist, I take concern to music more than vocal, but its lucky that Eternal Winter's Prophecy still has epic. I ll notice that album when go to CD store

Catamenia has even 7 albums. What do u think of other albums? I only listened track The Fallen Angel Pt.1 from Chaosborn, very good melody and very melodious combined with black metal. But listening to 1 track cant judge the whole album. Share your opinion of Chaosborn and other albums to me.
26.10.2006 - 15:28
Sunioj
Ok, Halls of frozen north is raw and heavy, if you like that sort of sound, thats the way to go. Morning Crimson is fairly raw, but incorporates alot of synth, I like this album and this album got me into Catamenia, I personally think that Winternight Tragedies and Chaosborn are the height of their developed sound. The music is full, heavy, and you cant go wrong with either of those albums IMO.
27.10.2006 - 13:06
FOOCK Nam
Written by Sunioj on 26.10.2006 at 15:28

Ok, Halls of frozen north is raw and heavy, if you like that sort of sound, thats the way to go. Morning Crimson is fairly raw, but incorporates alot of synth, I like this album and this album got me into Catamenia, I personally think that Winternight Tragedies and Chaosborn are the height of their developed sound. The music is full, heavy, and you cant go wrong with either of those albums IMO.

Yeah, from Eternal Winter's Prophecy, Winternight Tragedies and Chaosborn and till 2006 Location:Cold, their music are more melodic. I feel some track in these lately stuff,some are kinda similar to Ensiferum album Iron 2004. The Morning Crimson and earlier Halls of fronzen North are more extreme, more black metal. However I feel all stuff Catamenia are good. Maybe I would creat a poll of album battle to see what best album people consider
12.11.2006 - 03:55
Robstar
Catamenia is one of my favorite bands due to it's intensity, brutalism , melodic death vibe !
My favorite albums are ... Eskata -Winter's Prophecy ..
----
Nothing is unreacheable
15.11.2006 - 09:06
FOOCK Nam
I have got some tracks from Location Cold, they are full song. Very mellow and intensively. Best track is Location Cold or The Day When The Sun Faded Away. Catamenia will be in my top bands
19.11.2006 - 13:16
Mariela.
Account deleted
Catamenia is a great band, but not that known..and it's sad, because their music is so beautiful..Just loved Winternight Tragedies, and Eskata was good too..It's sad they don't tour that much, I would like to se them live at some point =)
19.11.2006 - 15:09
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 19.11.2006 at 13:16

Catamenia is a great band, but not that known..and it's sad, because their music is so beautiful..Just loved Winternight Tragedies, and Eskata was good too..It's sad they don't tour that much, I would like to se them live at some point =)

I know I think they are so unnderrated, I would give my left nut to them live .(?)
19.11.2006 - 16:39
Mariela.
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by Sunioj on 19.11.2006 at 15:09

I know I think they are so unnderrated, I would give my left nut to them live .(?)

Haha, I don't know how i should take that, but that's nice of you!
19.11.2006 - 17:07
Sunioj
Quote:
Written by Guest on 19.11.2006 at 16:39

Sorry Im just in a very weird mood and I like Catamenia!
19.11.2006 - 17:31
Mariela.
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Sunioj on 19.11.2006 at 17:07

Written by Guest on 19.11.2006 at 16:39

Sorry Im just in a very weird mood and I like Catamenia!

Nothing to bee sorry about, I just thought it was kind of funny..and it's a good thing you like them that much..who knows, they might need your left nut one day.
19.11.2006 - 17:58
Sunioj
Ugh, this was so off topic but this made my day....( breathing heavily after laughing for two hours )
20.11.2006 - 09:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Hey I just heard alot of Catamenia at a friends house and I fucking love them, Ive known about them for only 4 days but im already a huge fan (of what ive heard). Now I can tell by reading the posts that Location: COLD definitly isnt there best album, but its the only one that they have at the cd store near my house, so im wondering if its worth buying? or is this album to Catamenia what Are You Dead Yet? was to Bodom?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.11.2006 - 10:03
FOOCK Nam
Written by Doc G. on 20.11.2006 at 09:41

Hey I just heard alot of Catamenia at a friends house and I fucking love them, Ive known about them for only 4 days but im already a huge fan (of what ive heard). Now I can tell by reading the posts that Location: COLD definitly isnt there best album, but its the only one that they have at the cd store near my house, so im wondering if its worth buying? or is this album to Catamenia what Are You Dead Yet? was to Bodom?

Its worth buying for me, the lyric of half of all tracks are good, half remains having lyrics which are so so. But the music is really good, melodic, epic, black metal, mellow and intensive.

Why dont you download some tracks of Location Cold before buy it. Remember to download what have bitrate to enjoy.
21.11.2006 - 01:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by VaronoZz on 25.10.2006 at 13:43

i only listened to Eternal Winters Prophecy and im very enthusiasm with it. Really great stuff

Same album what I had hear of them and IMO its I cant tell how are other but I know thay had new stuff out this year, but IMO I had hear maybe some songs of other albums, and well IMO this is best band from finland in them genre
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.11.2006 - 19:14
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Written by Bad English on 21.11.2006 at 01:30

Written by VaronoZz on 25.10.2006 at 13:43

Same album what I had hear of them and IMO its I cant tell how are other but I know thay had new stuff out this year, but IMO I had hear maybe some songs of other albums, and well IMO this is best band from finland in them genre

i just downloaded Location:Cold but i didnt had a listen yet. Is it a different genre from the other albums?
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
25.12.2006 - 13:18
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
I'm really hooked to this band after hearing only a few tracks from Winternight Tragedies. I don't like too much black metal, but their material is certainly a breath of fresh air IMO.
26.12.2006 - 15:54
Sunioj
I listened to halls of frozen north this morning and I love it along with morning crimson, though the drummer was a bit weak at times I thought these two albums were among the best out of Catamenia, even though I really like Winternight tragedies and their recent stuff. I didnt really like chaosborn, it was a bit repetitive...but it had its moments of brilliance.
27.12.2006 - 04:07
Mandrake Scream
I have just listened to Eskhata...IMO is a fair try, good melodic and keyboard work in there. It's the only Catamenia album i've heard, like i said...i think its ok, a fair try but nothing incredible at least for that album. Also...sometimes it gets too cheesy
17.01.2007 - 22:28
Keoren
Account deleted
I think Eskhata is one of the band's weaker releases. You might want to check out 'Winternight Tragedies' or 'Chaos Born'. I'd also like to note that the band doesn't play too complex music - they seem to rely more on catchyness (atleast on most of the songs I've heard).