Metal Storm logo
Somber Eyes

Original post

Posted by Boxcar Willy, 14.02.2012 - 03:25
http://sombereyes.bandcamp.com/

please feel free to leave feedback, and remember I'm not an amazing musician, I just did this for fun.
15.03.2012 - 00:37
Branzig
For 15 years old, I think it's pretty damn good....

I was in a hardcore band at 15 and while it was better put together and more coherent than what you are putting out, all the songs were 4 chords and all the drums were D-beat...so I give you props for trying to do something so large at such a young age!

I would boost the OD on your guitar, quit recording so clean, shriek those vox's a bit and definitely move them deeper in the mix...If you want to do that slow ambient style you really need like synth or a bass player in my opinion too.

But still, I give you props! What are you using to record with?
----
In Grind We Crust
15.03.2012 - 01:45
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Branzig on 15.03.2012 at 00:37

For 15 years old, I think it's pretty damn good....

I was in a hardcore band at 15 and while it was better put together and more coherent than what you are putting out, all the songs were 4 chords and all the drums were D-beat...so I give you props for trying to do something so large at such a young age!

I would boost the OD on your guitar, quit recording so clean, shriek those vox's a bit and definitely move them deeper in the mix...If you want to do that slow ambient style you really need like synth or a bass player in my opinion too.

But still, I give you props! What are you using to record with?

Thanks

I'm using the free program Audacity, I'm also recording with a usb mic from the game Rockband... So it's a little more than ghetto

I will have the album for a "Name Your Price" download on Bandcamp.

although right now I'm having issues getting the tracks on there >.>
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
15.03.2012 - 03:24
Branzig
No problem, keep it up!
----
In Grind We Crust
15.03.2012 - 18:33
Boxcar Willy