+ Making Of Dark Fate Of Atlantis Video
+ Interview With Sebastian Roeder
+ Interview With Luca Turilli
+ Interview With Alessandro Conti
+ Interview With Dominique Leurquin
+ Interview With Patrice Guers
+ Alex Landenburg [drum improvisation]

Additional info
Producer, recording, editing, orchestral arrangements, cover concept, lyrics: Luca Turilli.
Engineering, recording, editing: Arnaud Ménard.
Photography: Malin Yberg Palmgren.
Cover art, booklet design: Felipe Machado Franco.
Mastering: Christoph Stickel.
Engineering, mixing, recording, editing: Sebastian "Basi" Roeder.

The melody of the chorus of "Excalibur" was taken from Schubert's "Moment Musical N.5 in F Minor". The main guitar solo of "Dante's Inferno" was inspired to Czerny's "Etude N.14, Op.740".

Staff review by
Baz Anderson
Rating:
The pressure is on for Luca Turilli to stamp his authority as the better of the two "Rhapsody" bands. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody being the first half to release an album since the split, it is time to discover whether this band can justify themselves as a separate entity, or if this is just a faction of the past.

Read more ››
published 29.06.2012 | Comments (20)

Found in 17 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 40   Visited by: 940 users
06.08.2012 - 16:46
Rating: 9
Andreas

Written by Abel on 05.08.2012 at 21:39

I don't understand people, how can this album NOT be ones on the top list on 2012 best albums???

For example when others have a different taste from you.
06.08.2012 - 21:08
Abel

Written by Andreas on 06.08.2012 at 16:46

I don't understand people, how can this album NOT be ones on the top list on 2012 best albums???

that's a shame
06.08.2012 - 23:12
Andreas

Written by Abel on 06.08.2012 at 21:08

Written by Andreas on 06.08.2012 at 16:46

that's a shame

Indeed. It should be forbidden.
09.09.2012 - 14:49
Therapy?

I recently got this album and the first listen I was a bit "meh, not much new here". But after a few spins I really got to enjoy Alessandro Conti's exceptional voice. His performance in "Ascending to Infinity" (the song) got me goosebumps. Wow, what a reach this guy has.

All the songs have great quality. Even the kinda cheap cover of Luna. Excellent! My favourite by far is the title song though.

This is how "The Infinite Wonders Of Creation" should have sounded. That was Luca's worst album ever.
09.09.2012 - 23:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
This is just another pretty average Luca Turilli's piece...who likes his stuff (including songwriting work for Rhapsody), can be satisfied, who hates him, will receive a proof, that it is still the same and bad...i really doubt someone will radically change his point of view to Turilli's musicianship after listening to this...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.11.2012 - 02:59
Patrick.

At first I was overwelmed by the sheer amount of melodic grandeur, orchestral layers and so on, but after a while I found myself drawn to it and like every masterpiece, it grows on you! Now I can say it's one of the finest albums of the year! How Luca manages to pull this off is totally unbelievable, that guy is a friggn' genius of embodied epicness. "Of Michael The Archangel And Lucifer's Fall" alone should convince any sceptic! That song is the blueprint of a perfected Symphonic Power Metal work. If not appreciated by the sheer enjoyement you should get from this, then at least the level of musicianship, production and approach to arrangements should leave you with a smile or your head nodding if you have any iota of sanity (just kidding! ).
09.05.2013 - 04:07
Rating: 7
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
After many, maaaany spins, and specially, being a HUGE fan of Rhapsody and Luca Turilli, I find "Ascending To Infinity" quite bland, boring, cheesy, and underwhelming. Yeah, yeah, there is a couple of nice songs here and there, but, I mean, this is the guy who brought us great masterpieces like "Dawn Of Victory", "Symphony Of Enchanted Lands" and "Prophet Of The Last Eclipse" or just another copycat that appears every day in the Power metal scene?
I feel bad, but it could be worse, he could try to split-up with Rhapsody to make his own Rhapsody with some former members of Rhapsody Of Fire and release a lame album as bad as "The Infinite Wonders Of Creation" and... OH HOLY CRAP.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
16.10.2014 - 15:38
Rating: 10
Zenzero
Zenzero
Amazing!!!!
31.03.2015 - 06:34
mikeprado30

The highest point in this album is Conti's AMAZING vocal performance. Hope he will do it even better for the next one.

And I don't understand why so hatred for the Luna cover. I love it so much!!!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
17.04.2022 - 07:30
Rating: 6
24emd
Theory Snob
I did originally have some negative things to say about this album, but after repeated listens I've actually begun to enjoy it. Perhaps it's biggest strength comes from being different, but this also is a big weakness. It's a very epic album, which is done well, and is quite an interesting one too. But I prefer traditional Rhapsody, and have enjoyed the latest Rhapsody album more, along with Luca's album with Fabio. 7.
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums

Hits total: 22968 | This month: 31