Metal Storm logo
Into Eternity - New Song Online

"Fukushima", a brand new song from Canadian metallers Into Eternity, is available for streaming at this location.

According to the band: "The track was written about the Fukushima Daiichi, Japan nuclear disaster, a series of equipment failures, nuclear meltdowns, and releases of radioactive materials at the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant following the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami on March 11, 2011. The song talks about the struggles involved, and the amazing ability of the Japanese people to overcome such a tragedy."

"Fukushima", which features guest death vocals by Rob Doherty, was engineered, mixed and mastered by Justin Bender at Touchwood Studios in Regina. The artwork for the single was created by Mattias Norén and can be viewed below.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Into Eternity
Posted: 15.02.2012 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 138 users
16.02.2012 - 00:45
Fat & Sassy!

What a strange concept. Into Eternity = Current event metal

Song is okay, I guess. Their guitarist's solos are usually so boring, but this one features one of them and nice melodic one... which is kinda cool, I guess.
16.02.2012 - 04:19
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
It wasn't too good. The solo wasn't good at all in my opinion and the chorus (where he's says Fukushima) was a tad annoying. If i were to rate it it would get something like a 6/10.... they can do better than that.
16.02.2012 - 04:33
BuriedInOblivion

With the three teaser videos totaling around 4 and a half minutes and the song just being under 6 minutes there isnt a whole lot that I hadn't heard when the song came out. A lot of the stuff is repeated, but I still enjoy it. If I had to rate it It would probably be 7/10
16.02.2012 - 04:53
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I think this band is better when it sticks to simpler vocal patterns and keeps it's riff more on the melodic instead of progressive side.
16.02.2012 - 04:58
strade

That song was better than their entire last album put together. The vocals were even more astounding than usual, making it only sadder to see Stu Block leaving this band...

I'm sick of these singles and just wishing that they'll put out an album already to prove that they're still worth giving a damn about.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
16.02.2012 - 05:44
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I'm not really a big fan of the song. : / The Death Metal vocalist is awful (IMO, though I loved him in "Buried...") and I agree with LemonsPrettyGood with the Chorus being annoying. Sandstorm was much better.
16.02.2012 - 08:58
BuriedInOblivion

Written by WorpeX on 16.02.2012 at 05:44

I'm not really a big fan of the song. : / The Death Metal vocalist is awful (IMO, though I loved him in "Buried...") and I agree with LemonsPrettyGood with the Chorus being annoying. Sandstorm was much better.

If you're refering to "him" as Stu Block than he didn't sing on Buried.
16.02.2012 - 10:19
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Listening to it a few times and I don't love it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.02.2012 - 14:02
thewaytonever

Written by strade on 16.02.2012 at 04:58

That song was better than their entire last album put together. The vocals were even more astounding than usual, making it only sadder to see Stu Block leaving this band...

I'm sick of these singles and just wishing that they'll put out an album already to prove that they're still worth giving a damn about.

i totally agree its good to see them return to form i wish it wasn't so cluttered but ultimately im just glad to have an into eternity song that has some return to their old sound
----
follow me on twitter @thewaytonever
http://www.last.fm/user/thewaytonever
16.02.2012 - 14:08
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by BuriedInOblivion on 16.02.2012 at 08:58

Read the news: "Fukushima", which features guest death vocals by Rob Doherty,"
16.02.2012 - 14:31
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by Guest on 16.02.2012 at 14:08

Written by BuriedInOblivion on 16.02.2012 at 08:58

Read the news: "Fukushima", which features guest death vocals by Rob Doherty,"

This. I was referring to Rob Doherty.
17.02.2012 - 14:36
bodomroy

Fuuuuukushimaaaaaaa!!!!!! what a joke!

Scattering of ashes is their best work.........i don´t think they can match it

Hits total: 3287 | This month: 5