Metal Storm logo
Sonisphere Switzerland - Metallica Confirmed As Headliners

It has now been confirmed that Metallica will also headline the 3rd edition of the Sonisphere festival in Switzerland on May 30th at Yverdon-les-Bains this year. Other bands confirmed are Slayer, Motörhead, Eluveitie, Mastodon and Gojira. As on all Sonisphere festivals this year, the band will play its self-titled Black Album, released in 1991.

The Sonisphere Switzerland will take place at Parc des Rives du Lac on May 30th. More information about the festival can be found at http://sz.sonisphere.eu. Tickets go on pre-sale on February 17th.

Source: sz.sonisphere.eu
Band profile: Metallica
Event: Sonisphere Switzerland
Posted: 16.02.2012 by ArgoP

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 82 users
16.02.2012 - 12:51
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Eluveitie gonna steal this show!! follow up from Gojira who will actually kick hard in the teeth of Metallica who fomented to downgrade their crap from 2011 onwards. I'll catch it LIVE!
16.02.2012 - 13:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
Please give me a Metallica Sonisphere in Stockholm! First year with Iron Maiden, Slayer and Anthrax was great, only that it was like the shittiest weather I've ever experienced in my life. Last year I wouldn't even go with Slipknot as headliners and In Flames which I've seen like five times and always the same songs.
But if Metallica came this year, I'd gladly pay just for them. Bands such as Slayer, Mastodon, Motörhead and Children of Bodom would be some great bonuses!
Not sure what to think about the whole black album being played. My first thought is that it's a bad idea. But if I think of it, that's just because of boring shit such as "Enter Sandman" and "Sad But True". I'd gladly hear "Through the Never", "Don't Tread on Me", "Holier Than Thou", "My Friend of Misery" and "The Struggle Within".
----
16.02.2012 - 14:45
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Great, another concert ruined...
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
16.02.2012 - 14:59
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 16.02.2012 at 14:45

You were gonna fly from Canada to Switzerland for Sonisphere?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
16.02.2012 - 21:29
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by vezzy on 16.02.2012 at 14:59

Written by Boxcar Willy on 16.02.2012 at 14:45

You were gonna fly from Canada to Switzerland for Sonisphere?

Naw, I'm just saying that it's another concert ruined by Metallica.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.02.2012 - 07:52
Symmachus

Metallica headlined a few Sonispheres last year didn't they? There isn't anything wrong with something called variation...

Hits total: 2459 | This month: 2