Metal Storm logo
Random Metalcore Bands You Should Check Out

17.02.2012 - 02:53
Zealot644

Subject to opinions of course, like many here, I have a strong dislike for the metalcore genre. There is however, a few bands that I consider to be a cut above the rest.

If you hate metalcore in any way, shape, or form then I recommend you dont even bother listening (or maybe listen and have your opinion changed? I dont know). Anyways, here is a couple recent bands and the specific albums I have been listening to that I think deserve a bit of attention. I'll also include a quick description and a link to some youtube videos.

Assuming you might be fickle with metalcore, try finding the drawing points to the bands and songs. Listen through them to get the whole picture instead of judging off the opening riff (Which can be difficult sometimes)

Oh,Sleeper - Children Of Fire

Compared to their previous album, Son Of The Morning, this album comes in with some absolutely fantastic work in every area. I refer to a review off of Heavy Blog Is Heavy to convey my shared thoughts on the album because it's hard to describe in a small block of text : http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2011/09/oh-sleeper-children-of-fire/

Endseekers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6rrDEnm4c&ob=av2n

(For a change of pace) Means To Believe - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhYjUapKKak

The Human Abstract - Digital Veil

These guys have been around for a little while. If I'm correct, they were even once considered mathcore with their earlier works based on the technicality. Now they bring some of that, toned down of course with less wankery, and pack it into a great metalcore album. Some very nice flow to this album and I think that every member was a huge contributing factor to the music as a whole.

Patterns - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRitJ1m8E1w

Antebellum - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CtMneQbjBI&feature=fvst

ERRA - Impulse

I saw these guys on Heavy Blog and nearly passed them over. I'm glad I didnt.

These guys label themselves as 'progressive metalcore' ... Whatever the hell that was supposed to imply, I promptly ignored it. There are some standard metalcore elements in here that you will recognize immediately, but there is also a direction to the music that somehow forms out of the usual chugginess and creates some interesting songs for sure. Sometimes you can forget that it's technically 'metalcore'.

Vaalbara - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lwNcs3oHoE&feature=BFa&list=SP52CB1B4135B35795&lf=list_related

White Noise - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEKU12rhMBA&feature=related

Anyways, enjoy or dont enjoy, I felt like sharing part of a genre that gets relatively ignored on here (Of course, I can understand why based on most of the bands that fall under the category)
17.02.2012 - 03:50
Void Eater
Account deleted
17.02.2012 - 04:31
Edmund Fogg

Heaven Shall Burn.

Pretty much the best of it's kind
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
17.02.2012 - 04:32
Zealot644

Void Eater, I assume you're trolling ^^?

Saw that on Metalsucks today and got a hearty laugh from it. Prettymuch sums up 99% of metalcore.
17.02.2012 - 04:34
Zealot644

Written by Edmund Fogg on 17.02.2012 at 04:31

Heaven Shall Burn.

Pretty much the best of it's kind

Love HSB. Invictus sucked though IMO, and they havent released anything more recent so there is nothing to mention
17.02.2012 - 04:46
Mattybu

Written by Guest on 17.02.2012 at 03:50

If I ever become a guitarist for a famous band, I'm gonna put that same FUCK sticker on my guitar, tattoo FUCK on my forehead, and call my band FUCK.
17.02.2012 - 04:50
Edmund Fogg

Written by Zealot644 on 17.02.2012 at 04:34

Love HSB. Invictus sucked though IMO, and they havent released anything more recent so there is nothing to mention

I enjoyed Invictus, even more so then Iconoclast. I think it was more varied, more experimental and less "cheesy". And if you're looking for 2012 releases you should change the title then.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
17.02.2012 - 04:52
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Zealot644 on 17.02.2012 at 04:32

Saw that on Metalsucks today and got a hearty laugh from it. Prettymuch sums up 99% of metalcore.

What makes you think I'm trolling? I consider this band to be a landmark in post-modernism. They have eschewed such outdated musical devices as guitar riffs and solos, and opted for quite literally nothing more than breakdowns, autotuned choruses, and lyrics consisting solely of lyrics to put on a shirt in Impact font. In this age of hipster irony where only insincerity is truly sincere, these guys are among the most true and honest musicians out there, making no effort to seem remotely artistic, making no effort to make a false image, presenting themselves and there music at face value. A much needed development in heavy music, and one that will hopefully pave the course for the next generation of metalheads.
17.02.2012 - 05:41
Zealot644

Written by Guest on 17.02.2012 at 04:52

What makes you think I'm trolling? I consider this band to be a landmark in post-modernism. They have eschewed such outdated musical devices as guitar riffs and solos, and opted for quite literally nothing more than breakdowns, autotuned choruses, and lyrics consisting solely of lyrics to put on a shirt in Impact font. In this age of hipster irony where only insincerity is truly sincere, these guys are among the most true and honest musicians out there, making no effort to seem remotely artistic, making no effort to make a false image, presenting themselves and there music at face value. A much needed development in heavy music, and one that will hopefully pave the course for the next generation of metalheads.

LOL

Best thing I've read all day.
17.02.2012 - 05:44
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Shadows Fall

Stay away from "Threads Of Life".
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.02.2012 - 05:55
Zealot644

Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.02.2012 at 05:44

Shadows Fall

Yup.

Everybody hijacked my thread and commented about 0 that I posted
17.02.2012 - 05:58
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Zealot644 on 17.02.2012 at 05:55

Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.02.2012 at 05:44

Shadows Fall

Yup.

Everybody hijacked my thread and commented about 0 that I posted

I would have, but I'm going to bed now

Sorry
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.02.2012 - 07:02
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Zealot644 on 17.02.2012 at 02:53

I have a strong dislike for the metalcore genre.

is it? you just said in a hype or you really mean it?!! wait....you're a poser who said in a hype. That's fucking sham.
17.02.2012 - 12:56
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 17.02.2012 at 07:02
is it? you just said in a hype or you really mean it?!! wait....you're a poser who said in a hype. That's fucking sham.

Please rename yourself Incoherent English.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
17.02.2012 - 13:44
@gent_-_orange

Written by Guest on 17.02.2012 at 03:50

Video.

How the hell do you begin a song with a breakdown? They are undoubtedly masters of their craft.
17.02.2012 - 14:25
Zealot644

17.02.2012 - 18:56
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Zealot644 on 17.02.2012 at 14:25

Does this angry headbanging over the fucking stupid wall is for Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine too?
17.02.2012 - 20:11
Zealot644

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 17.02.2012 at 18:56

Does this angry headbanging over the fucking stupid wall is for Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine too?

Partly. It was also because my topic has been derailed

Anyways, I sat beside my friend in class today and he shows me his iPod and asks "Have you ever heard these guys?" ... When I glace over I see "ASKING ALEXANDRIA" and replied "Yes. Unfortunately."
17.02.2012 - 20:25
Uldreth

Anterior - The Evangelist

Very nice metalcore/melodeath band from Wales, too bad they are disbanding.

About metalcore being oversaturated? Yeah it is, however I'd say melodeath, death metal and black metal has shitty bands of pretty similiar proportion (and power metal being much worse ), the only difference is that shitty metalcore bands are much more obvious since they get famous.
19.02.2012 - 04:17
?apleee
Mouthcrab
----
"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times."~Chuck Schuldiner

Less coherent than Anal Cunt.

Eric Brecht once liked my Facebook comment. Therefore, by the translative property, Chuck Schuldiner like my comment.
19.02.2012 - 14:05
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Guys, you should probably check this band out. [Subject to ignorance/ acceptance]

Issachar
19.02.2012 - 14:08
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Zealot644 on 17.02.2012 at 20:11

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 17.02.2012 at 18:56

Partly. It was also because my topic has been derailed

Anyways, I sat beside my friend in class today and he shows me his iPod and asks "Have you ever heard these guys?" ... When I glace over I see "ASKING ALEXANDRIA" and replied "Yes. Unfortunately."

Wow! hope that dude glance over you again and say, " Broo! You heard this guys? No? Fucking Chelsea Grin!! These guys are fucking amazing" and then you leads to sheer ignorance and amusement.
19.02.2012 - 21:46
Unhealer
Eclecticist
From the ones you mentioned I like The Human Abstract, for their proggy side.

Other metalcore bands I listen to would be the older ones; like Discharge, Integrity, Converge, Hatebreed... does Dillinger Escape Plan count also?
The newer scene... well, I just rather not listen to it mostly, but I don't hate it.
20.02.2012 - 14:41
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Zealot644 on 17.02.2012 at 05:41

Written by Guest on 17.02.2012 at 04:52

LOL

Best thing I've read all day.

I didn't see that coming from Mr "Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals, Gregorian Chant guy". It's a landmark definition.