Metal Storm logo
Sigh - New Video Online

"Far Beneath The In-Between", the new video from Japanese avantgarde black metallers Sigh has premiered at Decibel Magazine and can also be viewed below. It was directed and edited by Yossi Darmon. The song comes off the band's upcoming album In Somniphobia, which will be released on March 12th through Candlelight Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sigh
Posted: 17.02.2012 by beyondtehdarksun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 96 users
17.02.2012 - 13:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
That was awesome. Not instantly catchy but has a very similar feel to Hangman's Hymn (minus the thrash aesthetic) and that wasn't instantly catchy either but it became my favourite. Second play through and it all fits very nicely indeed. The last couple of minutes or so are crazy awesome.
17.02.2012 - 13:14
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
Written by Guest on 17.02.2012 at 13:06

That was awesome.

Agreed! Excuse me while I add In Somniphobia to my wishlist...
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742
17.02.2012 - 13:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I don't know how official this is but there's another two songs on Youtube (quality doesn't appear to be as good as this but more new stuff regardless)

17.02.2012 - 13:52
@gent_-_orange

That was odd, But I like it. Considering getting this album now.
17.02.2012 - 14:01
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
Written by Guest on 17.02.2012 at 13:14

I don't know how official this is but there's another two songs on Youtube (quality doesn't appear to be as good as this but more new stuff regardless)

Thanks Joe. If the rest of the album is up to the standard of these 3 songs, it's going to be very, very good indeed!
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742
17.02.2012 - 14:07
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Note to self: don't mix mushrooms and amphetamines.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.02.2012 - 14:45
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Great new songs and excellent video.
17.02.2012 - 15:58
Jiri

This vid was available on Youtube since September 7, 2011. How is this fresh news?
17.02.2012 - 16:24
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Jiri on 17.02.2012 at 15:58

This vid was available on Youtube since September 7, 2011. How is this fresh news?

I don't know why it says that but it certainly hasn't been there since then: hence the 10 comments dating back only two days and the fact it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else.
17.02.2012 - 17:58
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Written by Guest on 17.02.2012 at 13:06

That was awesome. Not instantly catchy but has a very similar feel to Hangman's Hymn (minus the thrash aesthetic) and that wasn't instantly catchy either but it became my favourite.

Hangman's Hymn? It sounds more like the semi-psychedelic work they did from Imaginary Soundscapes IMO. It seems unusually consistently slow for Sigh but I'm sure I'll end up fapping to this like everything Sigh makes.
17.02.2012 - 18:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Paradox0 on 17.02.2012 at 17:58

Hangman's Hymn? It sounds more like the semi-psychedelic work they did from Imaginary Soundscapes IMO. It seems unusually consistently slow for Sigh but I'm sure I'll end up fapping to this like everything Sigh makes.

I didn't get the same vibe. Imaginary Sonicscape had an emphasis on heavy metal heaviness, whereas this has a thinner sound akin to Hangman's Hymn.
17.02.2012 - 18:39
Baz Anderson

Wow, that video was great.
17.02.2012 - 21:26
Jiri

Quote:
I don't know why it says that but it certainly hasn't been there since then: hence the 10 comments dating back only two days and the fact it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else.

Oh yeah, that is very strange. Whatever, good song, good vid
17.02.2012 - 23:41
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Written by Guest on 17.02.2012 at 18:00

I didn't get the same vibe. Imaginary Sonicscape had an emphasis on heavy metal heaviness, whereas this has a thinner sound akin to Hangman's Hymn.

I suppose Hangman's Hymn's guitars where toned a bit thinner but the song structures where pretty structure. Imaginary Soundscape's songs often times felt very unstructured by comparison and even a lil' psychedelic thanks to the floatyness of the songs. To be fair though, this does seem a bit more unstructured than even Imaginary Soundscape. To me Far Between... sounds like a mix Between Scarlet Dream and Nietzschean Conspiracy, witha bit more emphasis on the guitar work.
In the least we can at least all agree that Sigh is once again doing something different from before (as usual) and for that we can all be happy.
21.02.2012 - 09:40
PowerThrash

Yes this band reminds me so much of Unexpect Which is a good thing.

Hits total: 2502 | This month: 5