Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath - Cancel European Dates, Ozzy To Replace

Black Sabbath have posted another update on their Facebook page. Black Sabbath will not perform at any of the planned European shows, EXCEPT for the Download Festival. Black Sabbath's cancelled dates will be replaced by an "Ozzy & Friends" show, consisting of Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler, Zakk Wylde, and Slash at selective shows.

Tony is apparently making excellent progress, and work on the album is continuing.

The full message, plus tour dates are as follows:

"Black Sabbath - who late last year confirmed the recording of their first new album in more than 33 years and a worldwide headlining tour - have had to put some plans on hold due to Tony Iommi's battle with lymphoma. At this time, Black Sabbath will perform only one show of this summer's previously scheduled European tour. It will take place Sunday, June 10 at the U.K.'s Download Festival.

So as not to let the promoters and fans down, Ozzy Osbourne will now perform the majority of the previously scheduled Black Sabbath dates (both festival performances and the headlining shows) billed as Ozzy & Friends. These "first ever" Ozzy & Friends shows will feature appearances by "special guest" musicians including Geezer Butler (who will join Ozzy for a special Black Sabbath set as a show of respect and support to their friend, Tony Iommi) and longtime former Ozzy band member Zakk Wylde. In addition, Ozzy will be accompanied by longtime collaborator and friend Slash at select shows, with other "special guests" set to join the tour at various stops along the way.

Tony Iommi continues to make excellent progress and is looking forward to getting back out on the road. Meanwhile, Black Sabbath continue to write and record music in the U.K. for their upcoming album. More information about these dates and Black Sabbath's recording and touring plans is forthcoming."

The 2012 tour dates are as follows:

Black Sabbath

Sun 6/10 Donington, UK - Download Festival

Ozzy & Friends

Wed 5/23 - Helsinki, Finland - Hartwall Arena
Fri 5/25 - Stockholm, Sweden - Stadium
Sun 5/27 - Jelling, Denmark - Jelling Festival
Tue 5/29 - Bergen, Norway - Bergen Calling Festival
Thu 5/31 - Oslo, Norway - Spektrum
Sat 6/2 - Malmo, Sweden - Malmo Stadium
Mon 6/4 - Dortmund, Germany - Westfalenhalle
Wed 6/6 - Prague, Czech Rep - O2 Arena
Fri 6/15 - Vitoria, Spain - Azkena Rock Festival
Sun 6/17 - Clisson, France - Hellfest
Fri 6/22 - Dessel, Belgium - Graspop Metal Meeting
Sun 6/24 - Milan, Italy - Gods of Metal Festival
Tue 6/26 - Vienna, Austria - Stadthalle
Thu 6/28 - Belgrade, Serbia - USCE Park
Sun 7/1 - Athens, Greece - Rockwave Festival - Terra

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath
Posted: 17.02.2012 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 331 users
17.02.2012 - 23:16
Milena
gloom cookie
So, if he is making excellent progress, why are they cancelling all shows? I thank the hypothetical heavenly ruler for trusting my instinct and not rushing to buy the ticket at once, now I'm not sorry I won't have it 'cos I won't be going to this.
----
7.0 means the album is good
17.02.2012 - 23:18
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
And so the 'reunion' continues to fall apart...anyone surprised?
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742
17.02.2012 - 23:31
BrightNight

This is really bringing me down. I had high hopes of seeing them again.

Anyway....the most important thing right now is for Tony to get better and well soon. Its not weird to cancel tours if you have cancer.
im glad Black Sabbath is focusing on making the record so lets be happy about that....i geuss. Let us hope Bill Ward will return when a solution is made about their contract issues.

Seeing Ozzy and friends is not nearly the same as the mighty four but still great ofcourse.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
18.02.2012 - 00:29
sbgmetal

Can u say "refunds"
18.02.2012 - 00:30
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by BrightNight on 17.02.2012 at 23:31

Let us hope Bill Ward will return when a solution is made about their contract issues.

I admire your optimism but sadly I don't think that will happen.
----
18.02.2012 - 01:47
Unhealer
Eclecticist
What a bummer. I feel sorry for the guys that were planning to attend just for Sabbath.
Are they really forcing you to go to the show? I hope they give people the chance of a refund

Ozzy should play only (well, mostly) Sabbath songs at least, as an apology.
18.02.2012 - 02:10
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Well, this is disappointing.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
18.02.2012 - 03:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Milena on 18.02.2012 at 00:30

Written by BrightNight on 17.02.2012 at 23:31

Let us hope Bill Ward will return when a solution is made about their contract issues.

I admire your optimism but sadly I don't think that will happen.

Yeah, the sad truth. In reality, they're going to hire on some gun for hire behind the kit, and the mainstream masses will still lap it up because they put the Black Sabbath name on it.

Props to anyone joining the Black Sabbath boycott until they bring back Bill Ward.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.02.2012 - 04:26
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Milena on 17.02.2012 at 23:16

So, if he is making excellent progress, why are they cancelling all shows?

His health is improving well, but he's not yet well enough to perform a full show on stage or do a lenghthy tour.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
18.02.2012 - 05:05
Rulatore

I hope they give a chance of refund. I imagine all the people who already bought tickets just to see them
18.02.2012 - 05:13
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Damn it, the reason I wanted to go to Graspop was to see the great Black Sabbath reunite... But nothing would give me greater grief than Tony collapsing on stage. Heal well, my friend, we all know how hard you tried!
18.02.2012 - 05:22
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Just great... I'm glad I didn't rush to get a ticket.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
18.02.2012 - 05:48
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
I would have liked to have seen Black Sabbath in 1974 but not now.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
18.02.2012 - 10:22
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Freaking soap opera.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
18.02.2012 - 11:34
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by M C Vice on 18.02.2012 at 04:26

His health is improving well, but he's not yet well enough to perform a full show on stage or do a lenghthy tour.

Which is why they should have cancelled the shows as soon as they found out he had cancer, it's absurd to think an older man could perform a whole tour while being sick of cancer. But they didn't and I think I know why.
----
18.02.2012 - 12:22
Storchillarn

This is bad but what's even worse is that Slash will have some part in this.
18.02.2012 - 13:28
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Milena on 18.02.2012 at 11:34

Written by M C Vice on 18.02.2012 at 04:26

Which is why they should have cancelled the shows as soon as they found out he had cancer, it's absurd to think an older man could perform a whole tour while being sick of cancer. But they didn't and I think I know why.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
18.02.2012 - 15:19
.Nick

Not a surprise, but it still sucks.
18.02.2012 - 15:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
That's a shame, Iommi is imo one of the best guitarists in the world and no-one can truly replace him, he's the most important Sabbath member of all, without him the band would be nothing. However I won't deny I always wanted to see Ozzy's band play live, hadn't had that chance just yet.
19.02.2012 - 14:55
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Well as a bassist at least I can be happy about Geezer Butler still playing. I'm still not seeing them live though. Hopefully they'll have the proper line-up on the actual album, and that Sabbath will have a show near me so I can go see them.
19.02.2012 - 19:15
TheBigRossowski

Pissed. That's all I can say.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
20.02.2012 - 04:44
Fat & Sassy!

Ozzy and Friends? By the looks of it, THEY AIN'T NO FRIENDS OF MINE. D:<
21.02.2012 - 11:16
Warman
Erotic Stains
I suddenly feel overjoyed that I didn't buy a ticket!
----

Hits total: 4014 | This month: 6