Metal Storm logo
Sonata Arctica - Reveal New Album Details

Finnish power metallers Sonata Arctica have announced that their new album will be titled Stones Grow Her Name. The album was recorded in several studios throughout Finland, mixed by Mikko Karmilla at Sonic Pump Studios and mastered by Svante Forsbäck at Chartmakers. It will be released on May 18th via Nuclear Blast Records in a limited edition digipak, standard jewel case, vinyl and download. The artwork can be seen below.

Stones Grow Her Name tracklist:

01. Only The Broken Hearts (Make You Beautiful)
02. Shitload Of Money
03. Losing My Insanity
04. Somewhere Close To You
05. I Have A Right
06. Alone In Heaven
07. The Day
08. Cinderblox
09. Don't Be Mean
10. Wildfire II
11. Wildfire III

Source: sonataarctica.info
Band profile: Sonata Arctica
Posted: 20.02.2012 by bokimaniac

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 66   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 368 users
20.02.2012 - 20:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Can't wait.
strade

I don't know what's up with the title, but the art is mighty cool. I might unignore this band for the first time in a while...
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
Milena
gloom cookie
Weirded out, which means it will be good.
Tame and probably pretty safe and mellow.

But you don't see me giving a shit for the actual sound as long as its nice

Written by strade on 20.02.2012 at 20:50

I don't know what's up with the title, but the art is mighty cool.

To quote a person who is also a long-term Sonata fan, the titles are worse than ever, which means it will be a good album... I don't think anyone in their fandom remembers a moment when we didn't all go "what the hell is with these titles, they're awful" as for the cover, it looks strangely nice, but I have no clue whether their usual artist did it or not... the pastels don't scream ToxicAngel to me
----
7.0 means the album is good
20.02.2012 - 20:55
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Guest on 20.02.2012 at 20:50

Can't wait.

Are you really? lol
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.02.2012 - 20:57
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 20.02.2012 at 20:55

Are you really? lol

Oh wait, this isn't the Sigh thread. Silly me
20.02.2012 - 20:58
Didn't realize this was in the works, somehow. This and the Summoning news makes for an awesome week in metal. I'm in the camp that thinks their last few releases were fantastic, sans a few songs. Really looking forward to this, then. I got Live in Finland and have yet to watch it. Better do that soon.
20.02.2012 - 20:59
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Guest on 20.02.2012 at 20:57

Written by BloodTears on 20.02.2012 at 20:55

Are you really? lol

Oh wait, this isn't the Sigh thread. Silly me

That's what I thought But you never know, you could've been high.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.02.2012 - 21:02
Shorlack

Can't wait!!! Wildfire II and III...
20.02.2012 - 21:08
Rulatore

Can't wait.

20.02.2012 - 21:15
Dargor

A Wildfire trilogy? Veeeeeeeery interresting!
20.02.2012 - 21:24
Kingface

'Shitload of Money' is an amazing song title!

Artwork looks cool and different. Interested to find out what it is like. I really do hope it's an improvement over the last two though.
20.02.2012 - 21:27
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Dargor on 20.02.2012 at 21:15

A Wildfire trilogy? Veeeeeeeery interresting!

My thoughts exactly. Lost interest in them after Reckoning Night, but this might be good.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
20.02.2012 - 21:27
X-Ray Rod
Skandino

Can't wait.

I almost did a spittake while reading this. xD Specially because you were the first one to post.
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.02.2012 - 21:38
strade

Written by Milena on 20.02.2012 at 20:50

Written by strade on 20.02.2012 at 20:50

I don't know what's up with the title, but the art is mighty cool.

To quote a person who is also a long-term Sonata fan, the titles are worse than ever, which means it will be a good album... I don't think anyone in their fandom remembers a moment when we didn't all go "what the hell is with these titles, they're awful" as for the cover, it looks strangely nice, but I have no clue whether their usual artist did it or not... the pastels don't scream ToxicAngel to me

Oh, I know. Their titles are always winners

When I was about 11 or 12, SA was one of the first bands I ever got into. I absolutely loved the first three albums. As I got older, however, I really got out of them. That last release was notably bad in my opinion, but we'll see...

Edit: holy shit, I didn't even read the tracklisting. My faith for this actually being good just plummeted to zero.
----
20.02.2012 - 21:40
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
For some strange reason the title makes me wanna post a joke about testicles...
20.02.2012 - 21:43
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by strade on 20.02.2012 at 21:38

When I was about 11 or 12, SA was one of the first bands I ever got into. I absolutely loved the first three albums. As I got older, however, I really got out of them. That last release was notably bad in my opinion, but we'll see...

I've been into them for the last five years and I greatly prefer their last three releases, they're closer to my taste my taste is drifting further away from stuff they might be playing in the future though. I don't think they'll ever release an album I'll find no value in but nothing is impossible... either way, getting into Sonata got me into some other great stuff and gave me lovely five years of my life, so for that they will always have my respect.
----
20.02.2012 - 21:45
FeskarN

Let's see how it turns out. Still miss the old SA sound and the two latest album was kinda boring somehow. Looking forward to hear Wildfire part 2 and 3.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
20.02.2012 - 21:51
strade

Written by Milena on 20.02.2012 at 21:43

Written by strade on 20.02.2012 at 21:38

I've been into them for the last five years and I greatly prefer their last three releases, they're closer to my taste my taste is drifting further away from stuff they might be playing in the future though. I don't think they'll ever release an album I'll find no value in but nothing is impossible... either way, getting into Sonata got me into some other great stuff and gave me lovely five years of my life, so for that they will always have my respect.

I think the main thing that got me out of them was more my changing tastes and less the quality of the albums. I used to love European Power Metal (these guys and Stratovarius--seriously--were my favorite bands), but now I don't with a couple exceptions. I didn't even listen to Unia or Reckoning Night.

To be honest, though, I can see this falling in the bottom thirty on my list for the year.
----
20.02.2012 - 22:09
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by strade on 20.02.2012 at 21:51

To be honest, though, I can see this falling in the bottom thirty on my list for the year.

We shall see, we shall see. It's impossible not to fall out with a band at least once, just hope this won't be that year as I've already had Dream Theater break my heart last year, I couldn't handle something similar happening the year after
----
20.02.2012 - 22:09
EmeraldSword

I'm interested in hearing Wildfire p2 & p3 as well. I loved "Reckoning Night," but would be more amped to hear a trilogy to the track "Reckoning Day, Reckoning Night" in the vein of Dragonland's epic "The Book Of Shadows" (Starfall) or "The Old House On The Hill" (Astronomy).
20.02.2012 - 22:16
strade

Written by Milena on 20.02.2012 at 22:09

Written by strade on 20.02.2012 at 21:51

We shall see, we shall see. It's impossible not to fall out with a band at least once, just hope this won't be that year as I've already had Dream Theater break my heart last year, I couldn't handle something similar happening the year after

Ha, I'll keep the faith.
----
20.02.2012 - 22:17
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 20.02.2012 at 20:50

Weirded out, which means it will be good.
Tame and probably pretty safe and mellow.

But you don't see me giving a shit for the actual sound as long as its nice

I feel the same way. I am calling this The Holopainen effect. Artsy Finnish guys with wavy hair who write amazing metal are hard to hate even when they go insane and digress from what made me like them in the first place.

I bet this will be just fine, their last album had some good moments, although I wish they would be heavier.
20.02.2012 - 22:19
Metal Invader

Well im not into them for a long time..but stil i will listen this album just to satisfy curiosity
20.02.2012 - 22:22
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Guest on 20.02.2012 at 22:17

I feel the same way. I am calling this The Holopainen effect. Artsy Finnish guys with wavy hair who write amazing metal are hard to hate even when they go insane and digress from what made me like them in the first place.

I bet this will be just fine, their last album had some good moments, although I wish they would be heavier.

Tony isn't going insane, but he's going more tame, yes he has a far more stable and lovable personality than Tuomas and I think that reflects in his music in a way. But stable people ultimately don't make adventurous musicians.

Hm. I'm wondering will we get a Caleb song or not. Would like to hear some more of that twisted story. And I'm also curious which one of these is the instrumental they played on the DVD.
----
20.02.2012 - 22:31
Oaken
Hipster
SA is the metal band I hate the most... Listening to Ecliptica was worse than burning in hell for a million years. The cheesy lyrics are even much much much worse than that too. It was so cheesy, so gay and so poppy. I listened to it when I was very angry hoping it will make me feel better, but it made me feel much angrier... Judging by the song titles, this new album will be even more cheesy and shit than Ecliptica. To me, SA is even worse than Lulu.
And BTW opinions differ.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
20.02.2012 - 22:32
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
Written by Oaken on 20.02.2012 at 22:31

SA is the metal band I hate the most... Listening to Ecliptica was worse than burning in hell for a million years. The cheesy lyrics are even much much much worse than that too. It was so cheesy, so gay and so poppy. I listened to it when I was very angry, and I really wanted to commit suicide after the experience.

Overreaction much?
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742
20.02.2012 - 22:36
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 20.02.2012 at 22:22

Written by Guest on 20.02.2012 at 22:17

Tony isn't going insane, but he's going more tame, yes he has a far more stable and lovable personality than Tuomas and I think that reflects in his music in a way. But stable people ultimately don't make adventurous musicians.

Hm. I'm wondering will we get a Caleb song or not. Would like to hear some more of that twisted story. And I'm also curious which one of these is the instrumental they played on the DVD.

Okay maybe he's not insane, I have seen him in live videos and he doesn't appear to be crazy, except for Vodka . The last album was a bit of a "wtf" moment for me and we both seem to agree that this album has a creepy vibe. But that could just be his playfulness.

Caleb is a great song, although definitely "wtf"ish. I appreciate when they play songs with that sort of mood and also hope that we get more of it.

I don't really blame him for going soft, he had vocal problems and seems to have a good handle on his voice these days but he can't keep writing songs like Wolf And Raven or else the set list will become more demanding for him.
20.02.2012 - 22:37
Oaken
Hipster
Written by LordFezzington on 20.02.2012 at 22:32

Written by Oaken on 20.02.2012 at 22:31

SA is the metal band I hate the most... Listening to Ecliptica was worse than burning in hell for a million years. The cheesy lyrics are even much much much worse than that too. It was so cheesy, so gay and so poppy. I listened to it when I was very angry, and I really wanted to commit suicide after the experience.

Overreaction much?

Maybe, but I think you won't like to experience what happened to me when I tried to get into power metal, especially SA. I was feeling bad these days and I wanted something to kill my anger with. And then I get this cheese. Thankfully, I was saved by black metal.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
20.02.2012 - 22:43
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
Written by Oaken on 20.02.2012 at 22:37

Maybe, but I think you won't like to experience what happened to me when I tried to get into power metal, especially SA. I was feeling bad these days and I wanted something to kill my anger with. And then I get this cheese. Thankfully, I was saved by black metal.

Fair enough - though I find it odd that you find your anger soothed by black metal, a genre almost entirely based on anger and hate!
I also can't believe Ecliptica wouldn't make everyone smile just a little bit...
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742
20.02.2012 - 22:46
Zenzero
Zenzero
You should write "EX power metallers".......

Hits total: 8135 | This month: 12