Metal Storm logo
Belphegor - Working On New Album

Guitarist/vocalist Helmuth Lehner of extreme metallers Belphegor has revealed that the group is working on material.

The new as yet untitled album, tentatively slated for a late 2012 release, will be the follow up to January 2011's Blood Magick Necromance. From this coming Saturday until next Wednesday, Belphegor will start the first rehearsal session for album X, in Abtenau, Austria. The drum duties will again be handled by Marthyn, who did an outstanding job on Blood Magick Necromance.

Helmuth commented: "Amazing to have the opportunity to be creative again and compose a new album. I begun the compositions in November 2011, after I had to spend five weeks in the hospital and 6 weeks in rehabilitation center, because of my health issues. I survived this hard trial, which still seems unreal. I am not fully recovered, but feel way better now, I can say. Unfortunately we had to cancel all tours until June 2012, when we will get back on the road, and will start with some European open air rituals."

Serpenth added: "At this time, we don't feel the pressure of a hard touring schedule and all the rigors surrounding that, so we can concentrate and create these arrangements in a completely focused way and can even put more energy, blood and guts inside. Working intensely on ten tracks. We are totally concentrated, you know ,the musick reigns above all. Magick. It's time for a new chapter."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Belphegor
Posted: 23.02.2012 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 85 users
23.02.2012 - 18:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Nice to hear. Hopefully the time off is what they needed.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.02.2012 - 21:50
serega25
24.02.2012 - 01:13
Opethian
Take ... a .... Break
24.02.2012 - 09:31
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Great news. That was a solid album in '11.
25.02.2012 - 19:09
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Doc G. on 23.02.2012 at 18:36

Nice to hear. Hopefully the time off is what they needed.

Agreed.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

Hits total: 2607 | This month: 2