Metal Storm logo
In Mourning - Reveal New Album Details

Swedish progressive melodic death metallers In Mourning have revealed via Facebook the artwork, release date and tracklist of their upcoming album The Weight Of Oceans. The album is their third, it is scheduled to be released on April 18th and was recorded during late 2011 in the Abyss and Black Lounge studios in Sweden, again together with engineer Jonas Kjellgren. The cover art was created by Kristian Wåhlin.

The Weight Of Oceans tracklist:

01. Colossus
02. A Vow To Conquer The Ocean
03. From A Tidal Sleep
04. Celestial Tear
05. Convergence
06. Sirens
07. Isle Of Solace
08. The Drowning Sun
09. Voyage Of A Wavering Mind

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: In Mourning
Posted: 24.02.2012 by Kuroboshi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 169 users
24.02.2012 - 13:33
Beckari

This shall be great
100% agree with MetalHoe's comment on the cover art, it's beautiful!
24.02.2012 - 13:34
Darkside Momo
Retired
This cover art is seriously awesome!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
24.02.2012 - 13:35
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Excellent cover and tracklist. I was anticipating this already, now it's just huge I'm loving the concept and the songs can be quite epic. I'm picturing it already, slow-sounding riffs as waves. Ok, just imagining ahah

Good thing it comes out in April too because that is not too far away.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.02.2012 - 13:55
Slayerus23
Account deleted
I'm hoping the best for this one!
24.02.2012 - 14:13
MeloDeathViking

Written by BloodTears on 24.02.2012 at 13:35

Excellent cover and tracklist. I was anticipating this already, now it's just huge I'm loving the concept and the songs can be quite epic. I'm picturing it already, slow-sounding riffs as waves. Ok, just imagining ahah

Good thing it comes out in April too because that is not too far away.

I was already anticipating this album, but didn't necessarily have expectations. Now that you've said what you're imagining, it's in my head haha. I can honestly say that if I could only buy one album this year, it would be this one. In Mourning has become probably my favorite band. Monolith was a grower for me, but once it took hold, I haven't stop listening to that album. Not sure how they top Monolith, but I know they can.

Also April = Still too far away haha
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
24.02.2012 - 14:15
Risto
Wandering Midget
Trademark Kristian Wåhlin, awesome
24.02.2012 - 14:30
Draugen

Om nom nom!

I wasn't a huge fan of Monolith but I must admit that this looks really interesting and I love the concept of it.
24.02.2012 - 14:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by MeloDeathViking on 24.02.2012 at 14:13

I was already anticipating this album, but didn't necessarily have expectations. Now that you've said what you're imagining, it's in my head haha. I can honestly say that if I could only buy one album this year, it would be this one. In Mourning has become probably my favorite band. Monolith was a grower for me, but once it took hold, I haven't stop listening to that album. Not sure how they top Monolith, but I know they can.

Come on, it's just two months

Well, I have no complaints about this band so far, both the albums they released were great, despite mixed feelings from fans, and now I can only expect the same. Also, it doesn't need to "top" Monolith, as that may be a bit difficult, although not impossible. As long as it is a good album, I'll be pleased.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.02.2012 - 15:20
Kuroboshi

I'm incredibly psyched for this one! However, I'm a huge fan of the Monolith artwork, and I feel that this is a little rip-offy of Fleshgod Apocalypse. :p But cool artwork anyways. These guys and Be'lakor are my new favorite bands in this genre.
24.02.2012 - 15:46
MeloDeathViking

Written by BloodTears on 24.02.2012 at 14:57

Written by MeloDeathViking on 24.02.2012 at 14:13

Come on, it's just two months

Well, I have no complaints about this band so far, both the albums they released were great, despite mixed feelings from fans, and now I can only expect the same. Also, it doesn't need to "top" Monolith, as that may be a bit difficult, although not impossible. As long as it is a good album, I'll be pleased.

Oh, I don't mean that I think they have to top Monolith for me to enjoy the album, because that is far from true. Like you said, as long as it is good I'll be happy. I think the CAN top Monolith tho. I remember when they announced that album I thought there was no way they could top Shrouded Divine, but I was wrong. These guys are very under rated in my opinion. I think people just assume they are an Opeth rip off and don't give them a shot. Hopefully this album can get them out to a wider audience.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
24.02.2012 - 15:52
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Yes indeed, delectable artwork! My hopes have just been raised even higher.
24.02.2012 - 16:15
neonxaos

I loved Monolith. This art leaves me cold, but who cares? Music, baby!
24.02.2012 - 17:16
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
#02. "A Vow To Conquer The Ocean"

This is what exactly artwork is depicting and album gonna be...!
24.02.2012 - 18:53
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Release date on Abril?! That's not even 2 months away! This was the news of the day.

The cover art is not really what I was expecting, but it looks nice. And the tracklist! Epic! I can't wait... ok ok *thinks to myself* it's only 2 months away, only 2 months...
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
24.02.2012 - 19:33
Czerny Reiter

Highly antecipating this. Given how different the second album was from the first I wonder if a similar shift in sound is to be expected here. Any given way, top-notch prog melodeath is to be expected.
24.02.2012 - 21:09
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Looks like a cross between Ktulu and some Sea dragon... if such a thing exists.
24.02.2012 - 21:50
elseif

It looks good, might be epic
25.02.2012 - 19:10
woodsmoke666

Can't wait!! Not the kind of artwork I would expect but interesting none the less...
----
tokoloshe
27.02.2012 - 02:44
Thanntos

This is going to be incredible
----
I will kill you so hard you will die to death.
29.02.2012 - 03:41
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I'll get this but I am more of a Be'lakor fan in this genre.
----
rekt
08.03.2012 - 17:28
Kwis

I can't see this failing. Monolith was such a killer album.

Hits total: 4132 | This month: 8