Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Launch Fan Video Contest

Finnish symphonic metallers Nightwish have launched a video contest, where they await self-made and original music videos from the fans for "The Crow, The Owl And The Dove" single, which will be released on March 2nd. The contest ends on April 10th. The aim is to make a video and then upload it to YouTube. The winners will be chosen by the band, label and management, also considering the number of views and "likes".

The user with the most viewed video gets the so-called Golden Ticket that allows them access to any Nightwish gig (except festivals). In addition, the winner gets a special award and meet & greet session with the band. There are also prizes for second and third place. The rules of the contest and all the details can be found at this location.

The band issued the following on their Facebook page: "Thanks to you fans, we have decided to make it as fair as possible. Now, the band will chose the winner, together with the label and the management, and under consideration of views and "like" clicks. So please do go on! Show us your creativity!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 25.02.2012 by ArgoP

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 143 users
25.02.2012 - 13:54
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Mainstream marketing..!
25.02.2012 - 18:49
Unhealer
Eclecticist
So I guess half of the videos will be filmed in the zoo.
26.02.2012 - 03:48
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I'm gonna film my video blowing blunt smoke in Annete's baby's face. INSTANT WIN.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.02.2012 - 04:46
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Letting the fans make the music videos? I hope thek realize (realise or realize? someone help me here.) the potential for disaster.
What about a video where Turunen places childrens toys under Olzen's feet?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
26.02.2012 - 07:30
Stabby
Account deleted
I propose that they also hold a "photoshop this picture to make Anette's boobs symmetrical" contest.

Yes I know we talked about this last Nightwish news article and I'll make sure to keep bringing it up in interesting ways until that picture is updated to one when her boobs appear to be their normal proportions
26.02.2012 - 20:43
SymphAlchemist

I've got the impression that the Nuclear Blast's guys are going to have a fucking good laugh watching all sent videos.
26.02.2012 - 20:51
SymphAlchemist

Question: only the one who uploads the video will win? If other people help making the videoclip they will win too, won't they?
27.02.2012 - 09:13
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by SymphAlchemist on 26.02.2012 at 20:51

Question: only the one who uploads the video will win? If other people help making the videoclip they will win too, won't they?

I assume so. If their video gets picked and thwysay it's by "Johnny Something and Emily Insertlastnamehere" then they'll both be acknowledged. I can't say 100% but I don't see why not.

And yeah I bet they'll have a blast watching all of the attempts. Maybe even a...nuclear blast!
27.02.2012 - 12:56
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Guest on 26.02.2012 at 07:30

I propose that they also hold a "photoshop this picture to make Anette's boobs symmetrical" contest.

Oh you people, leave her boobs be
----
7.0 means the album is good
27.02.2012 - 23:52
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 27.02.2012 at 12:56

Written by Guest on 26.02.2012 at 07:30

Oh you people, leave her boobs be

For the record I was amongst the most understanding commenters, pointing out that breastfeeding can do this but it is a transient thing!

That being said we have a huge selection of Nightwish pictures where her boobs look normal and somebody might want to change it. Just because, heh.
28.02.2012 - 08:41
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Guest on 27.02.2012 at 23:52

For the record I was amongst the most understanding commenters, pointing out that breastfeeding can do this but it is a transient thing!

That being said we have a huge selection of Nightwish pictures where her boobs look normal and somebody might want to change it. Just because, heh.

I'm just messing with ya I changed the Alaskan picture because people were complaining about the dude's manboobs staring at them from the front page, I'm not changing this... but every user is free to edit the picture if they want to
----
28.02.2012 - 10:08
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 28.02.2012 at 08:41

Written by Guest on 27.02.2012 at 23:52

I'm just messing with ya I changed the Alaskan picture because people were complaining about the dude's manboobs staring at them from the front page, I'm not changing this... but every user is free to edit the picture if they want to

Oh you're right! I just assumed that it must be restricted but I guess it isn't. I submitted a better one. Although I must say that the selection for recent photos wasn't so great. Dark Passion Play had a ton of great ones and now not so much.
28.02.2012 - 15:20
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Guest on 28.02.2012 at 10:08

Oh you're right! I just assumed that it must be restricted but I guess it isn't. I submitted a better one. Although I must say that the selection for recent photos wasn't so great. Dark Passion Play had a ton of great ones and now not so much.

Well they didn't have a lineup change recently so I guess DPP pics could work too, but if you found a new one, that's pretty fine
----

Hits total: 2811 | This month: 5