08. Foreign Policy
09. Miasma [Century Media re-issue bonus]
10. Sore [Century Media re-issue bonus]
11. Soul Train [Century Media re-issue bonus]
12. Licking My Wound [Century Media re-issue bonus]

Guest review by
K✞ulu
Rating:
Uncertain Future is one of my favorite technical thrash albums of the first wave, with sharply changing riffs, key signatures, syncopated drumming, and some real unpredictability in their song structures.

These overlooked Seattle-based thrashers remind me of quite an array of bands. On the first three songs (and pretty much throughout the whole album), the band that comes to mind the most is the early Testament. The raw production on this album is similar to the one on New World Order. Forced Entry also sometimes add those clean passages with melodic soloing on top akin to that on Testament's "Eerie Inhabitants." Besides, vocal delivery most often resembles Chuck Billy's gruff voice and his style of dragging out the end of the line. In other instances, one can hear some groovier parts à la Prong and later era Coroner or the fun, upbeat riffage of Anthrax (for instance, a catchy riff in the middle of "Foreign Policy").

Read more ››
published 06.03.2012 | Comments (0)

Found in 6 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 96 users
25.02.2012 - 18:18
Rating: 8
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Good album. Three-piece thrash metal band out of Seattle. I saw these guys back in '89 with Coroner. Thrash fans will like this!
----
rekt
26.09.2015 - 18:08
Rating: 6
Joppe
Steelemeister
Some interesting ideas here, but as whole I don't think any of these songs are really good. The album has good musicianship, riffs are mostly good too, but the progressive elements have rather detrimental effect to the songs, than add something interesting to them.
----
My vision is augmented
10.03.2020 - 16:34
Rating: 5
Metal Rasputin

On paper this album should be kicking my ass like Chuck Norris on crack, since I really love me some late 80's technical thrash metal. The sad truth is, that these songs aren't enjoyable at all. Even the overly technical playing and great musicianship can't help out the fact, since it only makes them feel even more inconsistent and all over the place.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
19.05.2021 - 16:14
Rating: 7
Redel

Written by Metal Rasputin on 10.03.2020 at 16:34

On paper this album should be kicking my ass like Chuck Norris on crack, since I really love me some late 80's technical thrash metal. The sad truth is, that these songs aren't enjoyable at all. Even the overly technical playing and great musicianship can't help out the fact, since it only makes them feel even more inconsistent and all over the place.

Wow, what a harsh assessment.
I mean, I went through quite some late 80s second- and third-tier thrash albums lately. On most of them I found a 9 vote by Metal Rambo. Now seeing your 5 here I was really afraid to hit the play buttom.
Well I was so brave to do it, and I do actually find this quite a decent album. For me this is nowhere behind most of the second-tier thrash from that time. Plus, the technical approach is all fine here I think.

Hits total: 4884 | This month: 10