Metal Storm logo
Electronica in metal

27.02.2012 - 22:03
Brave Sir Robbo

So I always enjoy a bit of electronica in my metal, and it seems to pop up in a fair few places and I rarely don't enjoy it, so I figured I'd create a DJ set from examples, but I found that most of what I could think of came from either melodeath or industrial style bands, with only a couple of examples elsewhere. So, I wondered if anyone here had some suggestions for bands/songs - preferably with variation from what I currently have, but similar awesome suggestions that I may have not discovered/forgetten are always welcome !

Currently I have:
ASP - Where Do the Gods Go
Blood Stain Child - Freedom
Dark Tranquillity - Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)
In Flames - Cloud Connected
Luca Turilli's Dreamquest - Virus
Machinae Supremacy - Indiscriminate Murder Is Counter-Productive
Magic Hammer - Dance on Fire
Mechanical Poet - Strayed Moppet
Megaherz - Jagdzeit
Ministry - Just One Fix
Silent Descent - Duplicity
We Butter the Bread With Butter - Schlaf, Kindlein, Schlaf
27.02.2012 - 22:09
Milena
gloom cookie
Starting the thread by suggesting a list of our very own awesome MechanisT.
----
7.0 means the album is good
27.02.2012 - 23:55
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Brave Sir Robbo on 27.02.2012 at 22:03

We Butter the Bread With Butter - Schlaf, Kindlein, Schlaf

I can no longer take this thread seriously.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.02.2012 - 01:13
Brave Sir Robbo

Thanks very much Mora - I know some of that list, and will go through the rest when I have time - a great list

Willy - We Butter the Bread aren't exactly supposed to be taken seriously - I would have usually hated that kind of stuff, but they are just too utterly ridiculous and fun to be ignored !
28.02.2012 - 01:55
Lit.
Account deleted
What about the Deathstars? Just listen to Cyanide.
28.02.2012 - 03:07
Brave Sir Robbo

Cyanide is a cracking song - and the rest of their stuff is good too - I have been looking at them
28.02.2012 - 07:13
Necrox

I freaking love Freedom by Blood Stain Child and I highly reccomend Idolator and Mozaiq, but stay away from Epsilon. Also look up Turmion Katilot and listen to their Usch and Perstechnique albums; underrated stuff. If you like TK, you should also check out 2 Times Terror. Fear of Domination is another band along these lines, although I only find them okay.
28.02.2012 - 22:33
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Guy above sounds like he brought up some really good examples, but I have to include Skinny Puppy
----
29.02.2012 - 01:48
Edmund Fogg

Psygnosis and Amogh Symphony The only 2 bands I can think of right now.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
29.02.2012 - 02:28
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I like electronica a lot and well, I love metal of course. But I think I prefer them separate.

Some blends I remember I enjoy are old Rammstein, Shining (NOR), Ministry, Centhron and Korn's latest release.
And I should check out Neurotech, everyone's been talking about that one lately.
29.02.2012 - 05:07
chronic-headache

Monolith Deathcults Triumvirate album is an odd (but very effective and well done) mixture of electronica and death metal.
From blast beats to break beats and amen breaks with death vox...very intersting mix.
29.02.2012 - 07:02
Necrox

Written by Nosurper on 28.02.2012 at 22:33

Guy above sounds like he brought up some really good examples, but I have to include Skinny Puppy

Thank you, but SP is straight-up industrial, not metal (at least from what I've heard)
29.02.2012 - 15:25
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Written by Necrox on 29.02.2012 at 07:02

Written by Nosurper on 28.02.2012 at 22:33

Thank you, but SP is straight-up industrial, not metal (at least from what I've heard)

I agree, this is just about the only thread on MS that I can recommend SP though
----
29.02.2012 - 20:20
ravendeath

And what about Evereve!? They use a lot of electronica in their stuff since E-Mania album and are able to make quite good music. Obviously the winners of the latest year in combining this two styles should be Neurotech.
29.02.2012 - 20:42
mojo

This album by The Browning is ...... interesting. I think I like it, but quite honestly I'm still listening to it and trying to orient myself. Anyway it certainly counts as electronica/metal.
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?
01.03.2012 - 02:28
Brave Sir Robbo

Well I just need to find my feet again... so much "acquiring" has happened in the past few days
Currently enjoying Illidiance, and have been checking/rechecking out Amogh Symphony, Timecry, Crematory, Kalisia and The Algorithm, all of which have been fantastic, and I shall probably take some songs from these guys !

Apart from whole bands though, does anyone have suggestions for single songs by a band who may not usually use electro in their music ? stuff like Luca Turilli's Dreamquest's Virus, Dark Tranquillity's Terminus, Firewind's Breaking the Silence etc. ?

Written by mojo on 29.02.2012 at 20:42

This album by The Browning is ...... interesting. I think I like it, but quite honestly I'm still listening to it and trying to orient myself. Anyway it certainly counts as electronica/metal.

Try listening to We Butter the Bread With Butter then
I hadn't heard of The Browning before, but having just given them a listen, they are certainly some kind of ridiculous fun
03.03.2012 - 03:13
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Blood Stain Child - Epsilon. Electro + power metal + a shit load of sugar.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
14.03.2012 - 20:17
arwestromen

Just google Industrial metal and you're home
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
14.06.2012 - 22:44
vgmaster9

KMFDM - Juke Joint Jezebel
19.06.2012 - 23:41
JÄY
Metal slave
I would reccommend the bands Vortech, Atrophia Red Sun and Fear of Domination to anyone inteested in this genre
19.06.2012 - 23:45
Lit.
Account deleted
Kalisia - Cybion
20.06.2012 - 02:37
Necrox

Sybreed's Antares album.
20.06.2012 - 11:35
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by chronic-headache on 29.02.2012 at 05:07

Monolith Deathcults Triumvirate album is an odd (but very effective and well done) mixture of electronica and death metal.
From blast beats to break beats and amen breaks with death vox...very intersting mix.

This is an awesome album. Any other suggestions for similar stuff ?
I've been trying to find a band that did something along those lines.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here