Metal Storm logo
The Haunted - Vocalist Peter Dolving Leaves The Band

Vocalist Peter Dolving has announced that he has officially left Swedish thrash metallers The Haunted. In the following post on his Facebook page, Dolving explicitly said he will not divulge the reasons for his departure: "I am officially quitting The Haunted. After years of working with the band, I am out. I have had it. I will not answer questions to why. It's no one else's business. Thank you very much. I am looking forward to seeing you people at other shows with other projects."

The band has also released the following statement on their official website confirming the departure: "Peter has decided to leave The Haunted permanently. We don't have any more news or info for you regarding this at the moment, but stay tuned for future updates... We just wanted to put and end to all the rumors out there."

[Also thanks to ja-vi for sending in this news!]

Source: the-haunted.com
Band profile: The Haunted
Posted: 29.02.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 137 users
29.02.2012 - 19:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Sounds amicable.
29.02.2012 - 20:43
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Predictable.
29.02.2012 - 21:24
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
As The Haunted fade...
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.02.2012 - 21:58
Joppe
Steelemeister
Never liked his vocals or actually never liked The Haunted at all. Thrash? Post-thrash maybe.
----
My vision is augmented
29.02.2012 - 22:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 29.02.2012 at 19:51

Sounds amicable.

Yeah, don't really know why but Dolving always seemed like a bit of a bitch to me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.02.2012 - 22:55
Tenski
Lol this is hilarious, again.
29.02.2012 - 23:27
Storchillarn
Best case scenario: The Haunted starts making old school material and hires Marco Aro or Jacob Bredahl.

Probability: Zero
01.03.2012 - 00:15
SelfXPlanetOrE
Oh, he'll be back...
he'll be back...........
01.03.2012 - 00:22
Kuroboshi
YES, Finally!
01.03.2012 - 01:45
justfive
I think its more likely that he left because he didnt like the direction of the band, and not the other way around... so not sure if that means a return to old school material
01.03.2012 - 10:59
Symmachus
Hmm, it sounds that the split was performed in acrimony. They're not saying stuff like "It was nice being with the [band/singer] and we'll remain friends and brothers" or "I wish the opposing party luck on future ventures". Shoot.
01.03.2012 - 12:05
guven7557
Correct decision cuz his voice was so bad and their music as well. I hope so The Haunted could be back to old times !!!
02.03.2012 - 17:01
qlacs
"The Quaker"
The last album was crap anyway.
----
13.08.2012 - 14:22
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Quote:
I am out. I have had it. I will not answer questions to why. It's no one else's business. Thank you very much.

To which he later revealed

Quote:
I've taken my time in trying to figure out what went wrong and why everything eventually went to shit.

I left the Haunted back early this spring because I had fucking had it with dysfunctional bullshit.

I knew it was there, fuck, I left the band once before, but at that time I didn't know as much about emotional dysfunctionality and just how fucking cynical people could be.

When I left, we were a bunch of sad fucking dudes. There was no love in it. None. And really, I doubt very much there had ever been any. In fact I deeply question whether Anders and Jonas Bjoerler have the slightest clue what deep loving friendships, joy and caring is even about. They think in terms of "Me, me, me, me, mine, mine" to the fullest and most complete.

For more, catch it here.

Hits total: 3463 | This month: 4