Metal Storm logo
Gaming platform of choice

Poll

What platform do you prefer playing games on?

PC
Xbox 360
PS3
Nintendo Wii
Android
Other
PSP / PS Vita
iPad / iPhone

Total votes: 43
07.03.2012 - 12:45
Sonic MrSumo

Interested in what people prefer to game with. My preference is Xbox 360, as it was the first next gen console out in Australia and Live is the best online experience of the consoles in my opinion.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
07.03.2012 - 13:25
Vombatus
Potorro
PC all the way, has all you need.... and I hate consoles.
07.03.2012 - 13:53
Sonic MrSumo

Written by Vombatus on 07.03.2012 at 13:25

Consoles last a lot longer. That is, you get at least 4 years out of a console whereas you're continually having to spend money on upgrades for your PC to play the latest games.

Although, games do look a lot better on a good PC vs. a console...
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
07.03.2012 - 22:06
vezzy
Stallmanite

Amen.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
08.03.2012 - 01:21
Mattybu

PC. A PC is simply better than anything out there. PC gamers are clearly smarter than all the rest. I mean you would have to be downright delusional not to think that PC is the single best platform for gaming, it's that simple. PC gamers are just smarter, better looking, more popular, have better jobs than console gamers, get more pussy, and all around just have a lot more value as human beings.

I voted PS3, it's my choice because it's more comfortable playing mutli platform games on a console, and PS3 has better graphics than Wii and (IMO) better exclusives than XB360. Which is a matter of preference but dude, Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, MGS4, etc.
08.03.2012 - 01:22
Mattybu

Also it's interesting PSP/vita is included in the poll but the vastly superior nintendo DS isn't
08.03.2012 - 03:32
Sonic MrSumo

Written by Mattybu on 08.03.2012 at 01:22

Also it's interesting PSP/vita is included in the poll but the vastly superior nintendo DS isn't

Shit...forgot about that one...and the many many many many versions it's had!
----
08.03.2012 - 03:38
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
PS TRÉ ALL DA WAY!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.03.2012 - 03:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I vote other - either N64, SNES, GBA, or PS1.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.03.2012 - 04:25
Mattybu

Written by Sonic MrSumo on 08.03.2012 at 03:32

Written by Mattybu on 08.03.2012 at 01:22

Shit...forgot about that one...and the many many many many versions it's had!

I think the first one was the best version. Lites are ok but button/mic layout is stupid, and just don't feel as nice. DSi is kinda unnecessary with 3DS and the XL thing is kind of just a joke. 3DS's are pretty cool though, I got one this Christmas and I've been having a good time with it.
08.03.2012 - 04:45
Sonic MrSumo

Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.03.2012 at 03:42

SNES rocked...for the original (and best) Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 with it's 6 button controller!

A-doo-kin!
----
08.03.2012 - 04:46
Sonic MrSumo

Written by Mattybu on 08.03.2012 at 04:25

I think the first one was the best version. Lites are ok but button/mic layout is stupid, and just don't feel as nice. DSi is kinda unnecessary with 3DS and the XL thing is kind of just a joke. 3DS's are pretty cool though, I got one this Christmas and I've been having a good time with it.

I have the original...gets the job done.
----
08.03.2012 - 05:25
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Pc pc pc... But maybe that's because i've never played anything other than Minecraft and Skyrim on pc...
08.03.2012 - 05:48
Branzig

I like Xbox for all the extra features that it brings to the consumer. Their gold membership really is a GOLD membership with a lot of perks and exclusives.

Enter Skyrim or Battlefield 3 and let the gaming begin.
----
In Grind We Crust
08.03.2012 - 15:26
R'Vannith
ghedengi
I prefer the Xbox 360, great for games like the Halo series, Assassins Creed, Fable, Elder Scrolls etc.
08.03.2012 - 21:34
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Nothing compares to the feeling of moving around with a Logitech keyboard and mouse set at 2000dpi
----
rekt
08.03.2012 - 23:23
Sonic MrSumo

Written by tea[m]ster on 08.03.2012 at 21:34

Nothing compares to the feeling of moving around with a Logitech keyboard and mouse set at 2000dpi

I used to prefer FPS' on the PC using keyboard and mouse, but you do get used to a contoller on a console over time.

PC does rule the roost with RTS games however...impossible to play with a controller...
----
09.03.2012 - 05:14
Branzig

Written by hacienda on 09.03.2012 at 04:30

Wow i like it..thanks for sharing!
PINOY365 | HOME REMEDIES| CORAZON ANG UNANG ASWANG FULL MOVIE

Why do you keep posting this in every thread it seems like? Is this an advertisement and I am too dumb to realize it?
----
In Grind We Crust
09.03.2012 - 05:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Branzig on 09.03.2012 at 05:14
Why do you keep posting this in every thread it seems like? Is this an advertisement and I am too dumb to realize it?

Ya it's a spambot. About every 12 or 24 hours we get one that drops about 25+ comments before stopping.

You can hit the "report thread" button and let a Moderator know so they delete the comments and ban the account. (Which is why you won't find any more of those posts floating around.)
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.03.2012 - 14:43
Slayer666

Teh PC, naturally.
How anything can replace the good ol' Mouse + Keyboard combo is beyond me.
09.03.2012 - 15:31
Branzig

Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.03.2012 at 05:31

Written by Branzig on 09.03.2012 at 05:14

Ya it's a spambot. About every 12 or 24 hours we get one that drops about 25+ comments before stopping.

You can hit the "report thread" button and let a Moderator know so they delete the comments and ban the account. (Which is why you won't find any more of those posts floating around.)

makes sense, freaking annoying.
----
In Grind We Crust
10.03.2012 - 00:46
Lit.
Account deleted
PC for 1st person games.
Xbox for 3rd person.
10.03.2012 - 10:33
whatsacow

Between 360 and PS3 I'd go with PS3 simply for Uncharted, infamous, mgs among others.

I love PC gaming, but honestly, buying a game and knowing its actually going to work on your system is a great feeling, which is why I generally prefer consoles.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
10.03.2012 - 13:39
Sonic MrSumo

Written by whatsacow on 10.03.2012 at 10:33

...buying a game and knowing its actually going to work on your system is a great feeling, which is why I generally prefer consoles.

Very well said (or written)!
----
24.12.2012 - 07:32
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.03.2012 at 03:42

I would vote this, too, but you can get emulators and roms for every single one of those systems on a PC. Even a shitty, old PC can run the emulators for those systems pretty easily.

Not saying they aren't great systems, but having a PC with the emulators is like having all of them rolled into one.
----
24.12.2012 - 11:56
IronAngel

Errr, you mean what kind of a PC I have?
27.12.2012 - 01:18
whatsacow

Written by Sonic MrSumo on 07.03.2012 at 13:53

Written by Vombatus on 07.03.2012 at 13:25

Consoles last a lot longer. That is, you get at least 4 years out of a console whereas you're continually having to spend money on upgrades for your PC to play the latest games.

Surprised no one has pointed out your ignorance. You are very wrong. This console lifespan has lasted longer than usual, but usually they only last 4 years or so. A pc needs to be updated about that often as well, and it's usually small increments that cost half as much as a console would at release date. Please, I don't mind you preferring consoles, thats about personal opinion, but at least be informed before you dismiss something.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
27.12.2012 - 04:54
Sonic MrSumo

Written by whatsacow on 27.12.2012 at 01:18

Surprised no one has pointed out your ignorance. You are very wrong. This console lifespan has lasted longer than usual, but usually they only last 4 years or so. A pc needs to be updated about that often as well, and it's usually small increments that cost half as much as a console would at release date. Please, I don't mind you preferring consoles, thats about personal opinion, but at least be informed before you dismiss something.

mate, i am informed. please refer to the generation lifespan of consoles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_consoles

as i said, at least 4 years. you're comment about this console lifespan lasting long than usual is "ignorant".

also, a top end latest release GPU will cost the same as a new release console. then, over time consoles drop in price massively, however top end latest release GPU's remain very expensive, over $500.

so dude, i think it's you who is "very wrong"...but i'd expect that from someone who's only lived long enough to experience 2 generations of consoles. next time, read-up before shooting your mouth off.
----
27.12.2012 - 10:35
whatsacow

Written by Sonic MrSumo on 27.12.2012 at 04:54

Written by whatsacow on 27.12.2012 at 01:18

mate, i am informed. please refer to the generation lifespan of consoles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_consoles

as i said, at least 4 years. you're comment about this console lifespan lasting long than usual is "ignorant".

also, a top end latest release GPU will cost the same as a new release console. then, over time consoles drop in price massively, however top end latest release GPU's remain very expensive, over $500.

so dude, i think it's you who is "very wrong"...but i'd expect that from someone who's only lived long enough to experience 2 generations of consoles. next time, read-up before shooting your mouth off.

You don't need a top of the line GPU. A console isn't top of the range. An average desktop pc is still more powerful than an xbox 360. Not because the 360 is a bad product, but because technology has evolved since then. As for your wikipedia article, its worth noting that they continued the lifespan until that console stopped making products, not until it stopped being relevant or even readily available. The PS2 pisses out a singstar game every now and then, that doesn't mean the generation is still going. Did you still own an xbox or playstation 2 in 2008? I highly doubt it. And if you're going to argue, don't use wikipedia. I'm not trying to be a whiney dick, it's just that people seem very misinformed about pc gaming.
----
27.12.2012 - 11:45
whatsacow

Written by Guest on 27.12.2012 at 05:46

Dayum, look at all these white boys shoutin' insults at each other from across the room
put it this way, your xbox and my pc both have the ability to empty the wallet from time to time
the question is do you want to be able to alt+tab to have a wank or do you want to have to change the HDMI source on your remote
thought you aussies were supposed to be all nice and shit, damn killer spiders and kangaroos be driving you all mad down there

Nah. Aussies are dicks like the rest of the world lol. And you can plug your pc into a tv. Most pcs have hdmi support.
----