Metal Storm logo
Ypres Metal Fest - Details Announced

Dismembertainment has revealed details about the upcoming first annual Ypres Metal Fest, which will be a tribute to the recently deceased David Gold. The show has been announced for April 7th at The Canadian Nightclub in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada, where Empyrean Plague will be performing as well as guitarist Joel Violette and drummer Rae Amitay, who will play an acoustic set of Woods Of Ypres material.

Dismembertainment issued the following press release: "We are proud to announce the first annual Ypres Metal Fest, which will also double as a tribute show for the late and dearly missed David Gold, frontman of Woods Of Ypres. Celebrating the release of what many are calling his finest work - Woods V: Grey Skies & Electric Light, as well as celebrating the life of David and the impact he has undeniably made on many, many people."

"This fest is a very personal matter for me, his family and for all of the performers involved - there are some really amazing things in store for this night. Bringing this festival to fruition was something David and I had discussed on many occasions, and I felt that after his untimely passing, it was just the right thing to do. Please join us for an incredible evening of performances and tributes that will not soon be forgotten."

"We also have an incredibly special performance coming from two members of Woods Of Ypres... Guitarist Joel Violette and drummer Rae Amitay will be teaming up for an acoustic set of Woods material. There are potentially more acts TBA, and tickets will on sale by the end of this week. Locations will be announced. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Gold family to help cover the expenses of David's final arrangements, and to support the annual David Gold Music Scholarship made available to Sault College students."

Also including performances by: Kittie, Novembers Doom, Hallows Die, Gypsy Chief Goliath, Wolven Ancestry, The Bear Hunters, Redundant, Shit Liver, Garden Of Bedlam and The Valentine's Day Massacre.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Woods Of Ypres
Event: Ypres Metal Fest 2012
Posted: 07.03.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 69 users
07.03.2012 - 17:32
Absak

Kittie? Really? NO! That's just insulting imo.
07.03.2012 - 18:16
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Absak on 07.03.2012 at 17:32

Kittie? Really? NO! That's just insulting imo.

Honestly I'd boo them off the stage if I could go...

David would have too :'(
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.03.2012 - 08:12
Symmachus

Well, it's nice that a festival has pawned from this to help out the family. Rest in peace, David Gold.

Hits total: 3162 | This month: 8