Metal Storm logo
Stratovarius - Album Update

Stratovarius guitarist Timo Tolkki has issued the following update:

"I have written 11 new songs and we are first going to demo them. This will be completed by the end of the year and we will enter the studio to record that actual album around February. Timo Kotipelto is releasing his third solo album around that time (and what I have heard, it sounds really great) as well and he has naturally promotional activities and I think he is also doing a tour during Spring. Stratovarius production will be ready sometime in the summer 2007 and depending on various different things, the album, entitled R...... R.......:), will be released in October 2007 or in the beginning of 2008 followed by a massive world tour. So all okay here, everybody´s happy, the songs are great and we are looking forward to the new adventures."

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Stratovarius
Posted: 28.10.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 7 users
28.10.2006 - 21:29
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Hopefully the songs ARE good. The last album kinda let me down.
28.10.2006 - 21:33
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I hope it too... I don't know how Stratovarius could make an album so horrible as the last one! Come on and find your own voice...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
28.10.2006 - 22:41
Arpeghyus
Account deleted
i hope they recover their old style like in elements part I & II
28.10.2006 - 22:50
Promonex
Cathemeral
I hope they recover their old style like in Dreamspace and Fourth Dimension [/wishful thinking]
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
29.10.2006 - 00:55
danzig111
Account deleted
The last album WAS DOWNRIGHT HORRIBLE!!! And they're my favourite band! Really though, recover the 'Stratovarius Sound'!

@Promonex: lol dude only ONE of the Timos is an extraordinary Vocalist and it's not Tolkki!
29.10.2006 - 01:02
insanity.peppers

Soo.... what's with the album name? Is Timo just being sneaky and releasing only the first 2 letters, or is really caled R.... R.....? I really hope they come to Australia in their next tour.
29.10.2006 - 03:55
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They should get back to the sound that they had on the first album...I haven't heard their last album...
29.10.2006 - 10:47
Promonex
Cathemeral
@danzig: I don't really give a damn who's on vocals, I give a damn about the songwriting and its execution. And IMHO songwriting-wise none of their albums can compete with Dreamspace.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
29.10.2006 - 15:18
FOOCK Nam

Long time no listen to Stratovarious, this is good news for me. Hoping it will a be a good album as past stuff of them
29.10.2006 - 17:25
Rimfrost

The last album was ok, better than everything else after Destiny. Hope that they turn back to their roots and make another Dreamspace (utopia).
30.10.2006 - 16:42
GT
Coffee!!
yeah back to the roots...or a completly surprising album like Angra
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
30.10.2006 - 22:44
Zenzero
Zenzero
I hope the new album will be very very different from the last!!! I don't like STRATOVARIUS (the album)... I hope to listen again the sound of VISIONS!!
05.11.2006 - 03:33
stabat

I'm happy to hear that this great band will release a new album,
at least they try for something after Tolkki's "slumping".

I cannot hope to hear something great, like sound from visions or before,
it will fine for me to hear something just good like infinite's sound,
because after this album I think band (and albums ;p) become
more and more bad. Actually I think that the band is quite saturated.

Anyway,let's hope for the best
20.11.2006 - 09:18
Kanon
Account deleted
i hope the next album sound like Visions, Destiny or Elements pt1; Stratovarius(album) sux :S
20.11.2006 - 16:32
Sunioj

Whenever I hear stratovarius, I think "Eagle heart" C'mon guys you can do better than that! I will look forward to hear the new album though.
02.02.2007 - 20:01
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
I hope the next album sound like Visions or Infinite, since the latetes album was horrible with the 'Maniac Dance' song.
07.02.2007 - 14:09
Escapist
Victim Of Deceit
R..... R....? Real Return?

Rising Rainbow?

Royal Romance?

----
On wings of time we have been flying
For too long it seems to me that I've crossed the final fence...

www.twilightning.net http://deliriumveil.main.jp
10.07.2007 - 05:37
Aebsi

Well I hope they won't rush things like they did on the last album, at least everything feels that way on "Stratovarius". Now to wishing (and I mean wishing), I hope they go back to the sound of "Visions" and "Destiny" with the power of "Infinite" those albums are timeless masterpieces, everything seemed to click on those albums, from recording to production.

And what's with Timo Tolkki only giving us a small hint towards the name of the album?

R...... R.......? = Retarded Rats?

Running Rebellion?

Rescue Rangers?

Romantic Rain?
----
Just be Yourself
29.07.2007 - 02:58
Baz Anderson

they are going to perform a new song called "Last Night On Earth" at Wacken..

Hits total: 2329 | This month: 6