02. Carnal Affection
03. Experiment With You
04. Disgruntled
05. Total Zombie Domination
06. Mutant
07. Supporting The Chaos & Hate
08. Graveyard
09. Awaiting The Death

I found this band to be interesting since I read "Bulgaria" on the info sheet, I don't know that many Bulgarian bands that's for sure, so the underground factor was exciting to be honest; turns out they are also a very solid band with tight musicianship, decent songwriting and fucking brutal music.

The brutality factor is not what amazes me the most, I've been bombarded with aggression and viciousness since I became a reviewer, not to mention this year was a great one for Brutal bands like Suffocation or Haemorrhage, so what I really liked was their capability to create super-catchy riffs throughout the entire album, they were even smart enough to add a mid-paced song as an opener ("Smashed Brain Collection") which became one of my favorites in the disc.

The musicianship is quite good; it's modern Death Metal after all, so you won't find complex solos or crazy fillers with insane octave variables and intricate bridges, on the contrary this is one of those "What You See Is What You Get" albums, take a look at the cover and you'll see what I mean. In the end the music and the execution are really solid and the catchy songwriting adds high re-playable values to the record while the brutal songs will please the most selective ears out there.

This album is way better than your average Death Metal offering; it's still no competition to the great names releasing great albums like Midvinterblot, Kill, Afterburner, etc. But the avid fanatics of the genre will find an underground jewel in "Smashed Brain Collection", and if these Bulgarian guys start polishing their sound and their general structures they'll become a huge name in the scene in a not so distant future that's for sure.

Best Tracks: "Smashed Brain Collection", "Total Zombie Domination", "Graveyard"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 7

Written by Herzebeth | 28.10.2006

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 29 users
29.10.2006 - 01:31
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Gore/brutal death reviewed by herz, 8 points... god, where have I seen that before?

(sorry, I had to )
29.10.2006 - 05:07
Herzebeth

Thanks....
----
29.10.2006 - 05:15
Rating: 7
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Very good and well-structured brutal death metal....I really like the vocals but I don't know how natural they are lol

The only thing that really bothers me is the sound of the bass pedal. It sounds very flat, and maybe even almost accoustic. Other than that, this is good shit.
15.10.2009 - 14:32
JD
Account deleted
Amazing brutal death metal band from bulgaria if you like Dying Fetus, Human Mincer you should give this band a shot!!

Hits total: 3712 | This month: 11