Metal Storm logo
Grand Magus - Ink Deal With Nuclear Blast, New Album Set For Spring

Official press release:

Nuclear Blast proudly announces the signing of Swedish Heavy Metal combo Grand Magus.

JB of Grand Magus comments: "Grand Magus have finally found their hailing port - we've wrapped up a deal with the mighty Heavy Metal label Nuclear Blast. By this, a new chapter will be opened, both in our band and in metal history. With The Hunt we will consequently keep on marching down the metallic path we've started to pursue over the course of the past years. Be prepared to be lined up in our sights from the end of May on, when The Hunt will strike! Fuck the world!"

Andy Siry (label manager of Nuclear Blast) adds: "We're delighted to welcome Grand Magus to the Nuclear Blast family. These guys class among the best today's Heavy Metal scene has to offer, though Grand Magus are much more than just that. Both live and on their albums, Grand Magus are terrific, plus they indicate a continuous development. This is why we're happy to turn over a new leaf in the history of band and label."

The title of the upcoming album will be The Hunt and will be released in spring 2012.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Grand Magus
Posted: 09.03.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 45 users
09.03.2012 - 12:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Great for them... now give us some more crushing heavy doom metal!
09.03.2012 - 13:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Mmm their last one was already a disappointment and it wouldn't suprise me that the next one will follow the descending path. And once again Nuclear Blast picks up a band discraded by Roadrunner hahahah
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.03.2012 - 14:25
neonxaos

I have no idea where you're getting that from, Marcel. I think their last album is a masterpiece. Ah well, tastes differ.

I hope that Nuclear Blast will remain on relatively friendly terms with Spotify so I can listen to this on release
09.03.2012 - 21:17
Jan

Their last was not as good in my ears as their first four - it lacked some quality I find hard to define. To polished perhaps.

But that does not mean it was bad - many bands would give their right arm to be able to make an album like that...

I look forward to hear their new one

Hits total: 2025 | This month: 5