Oh xkcd here!

??

The name of the comic Mr Doctor posted
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
28.04.2014 - 23:45
Tormentor666
Medical check during the morning in order to get my work permit in China... just the normal, ultrasound, blood pressure, etc. Nothing strange, healthy as fuck.

In the afternoon, I gave my first full class (I am an English teacher) and it turned out to be just great. Got another demo class during the week, and it's going to be definitive, so I expect to perform as well as I did today. If that's the case, and it will be, I'll start work next week. Sweeeeet.

Everything's marching as expected. Just wish me luck.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
29.04.2014 - 11:43
Tormentor666
Thanks!! Indeed it is haha, but I feel really excited to be here and just looking forward to starting my work. It's been a week and a half since I got here and still getting used to the country, but I've got to say that I looooove the food so far, so that surely makes it easier.

Oh, by the way. Chinese girls are quite sexy.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.04.2014 - 17:57
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
My son's baseball games continue to get canceled...fucking weather!!!
----
rekt
30.04.2014 - 23:22
Ragana
Rawrcat
High: Might be moving soon.
Low: Did I already jinx this whole opportunity because of people asking me this & me trying to not answer? :/ Also, mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut...
01.05.2014 - 00:38
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ernis on 01.05.2014 at 00:11

Written by Ragana on 30.04.2014 at 23:22

Low: Did I already jinx this whole opportunity because of people asking me this & me trying to not answer? :/ Also, mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut...

D'ya apply for a DAAD thing or something similar?

I did try but looks like I jinxed it by not talking about it even though others wanted to discuss it. Damn, and I only did it because I didn't want to jinx it in the first place...
Anyway, my German's only B1 too...

Have no time nor wish for 'serious' courses that might not give any results, so I figured I'd try it on my own now. Technically I am already A1 level, but I just don't feel that I can make sentences without some hard thinking. Hence my distrust in courses that I have to pay for. It's like learning Latvian all over again, and obviously I don't even know how I learned it in the first place. No clue where to start.

And hey, don't laugh - I'm not a lucky person. Most times I wish for something and tell someone, it just doesn't happen. Also... Latvians are known to be the superstitious folk anyway, so shut up... it's my culture!
01.05.2014 - 00:48
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 01.05.2014 at 00:38

And hey, don't laugh - I'm not a lucky person. Most times I wish for something and tell someone, it just doesn't happen. Also... Latvians are known to be the superstitious folk anyway, so shut up... it's my culture!

Actually I didn't laugh at all... I completely understand (and, in a way, share) your way of thinking...
01.05.2014 - 01:00
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ernis on 01.05.2014 at 00:48

Written by Ragana on 01.05.2014 at 00:38

Actually I didn't laugh at all... I completely understand (and, in a way, share) your way of thinking...

Ah, ok, sorry. People usually find this very amusing. I just don't buy this "I will do this and that" and then the person who said it never came around to do it...
01.05.2014 - 01:03
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 01.05.2014 at 01:00

Ah, ok, sorry. People usually find this very amusing. I just don't buy this "I will do this and that" and then the person who said it never came around to do it...

I think this might be that "Nordic" way of only saying things when it's 100% sure...
compared to its polar opposite, the "Southern" way of saying "YEAH, MAH FREND! I DO IT 100%!" and then doing nothing...
01.05.2014 - 02:37
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ernis on 01.05.2014 at 01:03

Written by Ragana on 01.05.2014 at 01:00

I think this might be that "Nordic" way of only saying things when it's 100% sure...
compared to its polar opposite, the "Southern" way of saying "YEAH, MAH FREND! I DO IT 100%!" and then doing nothing...

Adding percentages is just silly... either you do it or not. When I hear person saying something like this it actually makes me rather sceptical, because it sounds like an ad where something "always" works for 100% (and, of course, it doesn't!). I don't need fake promises. So, yeah, maybe this is the Nordic way - talk/promise less, do/try more...
01.05.2014 - 03:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 30.04.2014 at 23:22

where will you move? Norge?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.05.2014 - 19:02
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Ahh, quite hectic.

Lo: It's hot out here. Even air-condition office is not sufficient to kill the damn heat.

Hi: Got to know new people. I was very quite on the first day but got away easily til' evening chipped in.

My Lo has screwed up everything. Kinda allegric to summers.
02.05.2014 - 13:51
ANGEL REAPER
Low: fucking rain again ...mud,shit and water everywhere ...i wish my gear is with me now ,i could record some stuff
high:still on vacation,at least i can study or wander around internet or listen to music big part of the day
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
03.05.2014 - 01:59
Mattybu
High point ate these

days with those typically have low points easy to overlook
03.05.2014 - 02:19
no one
Account deleted
Low: wifes gone out for three days, no one will visit me and i still can't drive.

high: just put a mince and cheese pie in the oven
03.05.2014 - 05:41
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 01.05.2014 at 03:13

where will you move? Norge?

Nah, I had my fun there, but that is not a country I will sacrifice my taste buds for...

High: I was assembling pieces of (new) furniture. It's like a 3D puzzle. Love it! XD
Low: Still no answer. :/ And (therefore) I'm not doing anything productive so I feel pretty useless. Way too many holidays...
03.05.2014 - 17:02
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Mattybu on 03.05.2014 at 01:59

High point ate these

Oh shit, Janes. I fucking love that.

It's so cute to put a teeth on. I remember I use to hog on with bottle of Pepsi. Great stuff.
03.05.2014 - 23:05
no one
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 03.05.2014 at 17:02

It's so cute to put a teeth on.

I remember I use to hog on with bottle of Pepsi

I'm soo not down with the lingo these days
04.05.2014 - 02:50
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ragana on 03.05.2014 at 05:41

Low: Still no answer. :/ And (therefore) I'm not doing anything productive so I feel pretty useless. Way too many holidays...

Hhigh: Okay, it is not the final decision, but... I received a good answer! With a smiley face! ^_^ So-so-so happy. And soooo drunk (summer season has started = sangria 24/7). Awesome, awesome, awesome! *jumping & drinks more sangria* Aaaaah, how will I sleep tonight?! I'm so annoying, I know! XD
Low: Drunk people who are just trying to find a way to pick a fight should not be on Facebook (at that time). I'm not talking of myself being not-nice (I really am pretty drunk now), but whoever dares to ask or comment on something, receives a bucket full of bad emotions he/she didn't deserve... and it's even worse when frustrated guys do that.
10.05.2014 - 04:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Past two weeks have been interesting.

Went back home to catch up with friends and have a good time.
Got dumped.
Moved in with a friend from school.
Spent about a grand in a week on drinking away my sorrows.
Hit on a table of 5 girls from Ohio and got hugs and kisses and phone numbers.

Now I'm just living day by day again. Back to the grind.

The high and low points are pretty obvious I think.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.05.2014 - 02:21
Mattybu
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.05.2014 at 04:53

Got dumped.

Sorry to hear about getting dumped dude. Keep your head up though, you seem like quite a catch to me (as stereotypical and predictable a thing as that sounds to say in this situation I do mean it ).

You never know, I find sometimes when some shocking thing happens, the back to the grind type days can be good to level things out. Different for everyone though, I suppose.
11.05.2014 - 06:22
no one
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 11.05.2014 at 02:21

Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.05.2014 at 04:53

Got dumped.

Sorry to hear about getting dumped dude. Keep your head up though, you seem like quite a catch to me (as stereotypical and predictable a thing as that sounds to say in this situation I do mean it ).

You never know, I find sometimes when some shocking thing happens, the back to the grind type days can be good to level things out. Different for everyone though, I suppose.

he will be fine, he got hugs kisses and phone numbers, it was the high of his highs and lows of two weeks
11.05.2014 - 06:45
Mattybu
Written by Guest on 11.05.2014 at 06:22

he will be fine, he got hugs kisses and phone numbers, it was the high of his highs and lows of two weeks

mostly just the $1000 on alcohol made me think... must have been quite a lot of sorrow that needed drowning
11.05.2014 - 16:46
ANGEL REAPER
High : the weather is great and i am back in the city
low : all day in apartment,doing stuff ,preparing exams ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
11.05.2014 - 17:02
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
High - Got some rest on weekend. Ready to get drilled in office tomorrow.

Low - Remained in apartment do nothing. Internet is slow so tend to check out albums bit late.
11.05.2014 - 21:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I've had a crap weekend all told... had a seagull crap all over my hair and jacket as I was taking my cat to the vets on Friday. Then I accidentally cut my cat's paw whilst trying to clip an awkward claw, which has worried me a lot since. And to top it off, my glasses broke three hours later, so now I can hardly see what I'm typing here. lol
11.05.2014 - 23:24
no one
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.05.2014 at 21:57

I've had a crap weekend all told... had a seagull crap all over my hair and jacket as I was taking my cat to the vets on Friday. Then I accidentally cut my cat's paw whilst trying to clip an awkward claw, which has worried me a lot since. And to top it off, my glasses broke three hours later, so now I can hardly see what I'm typing here. lol

is it necessary to cut your cats claws ?

also a seagull crapping on you is good luck...so they say
11.05.2014 - 23:38
Mattybu
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.05.2014 at 21:57

Well it could be worse... I remember one time in high school a friend of mine had a seagull get him on the shoulder, and he walked over to his dad's car in the parking lot (his dad is a teacher there) to put his shirt there, and as he was walking back a seagull crapped right on his hat... Awful luck

I hope your cat is okay though
12.05.2014 - 12:47
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 11.05.2014 at 23:24
is it necessary to cut your cats claws ?

also a seagull crapping on you is good luck...so they say

I dunno, but I've been clipping cat's claws for years. It wouldn't bother me if I never clipped them, but my mum complains about them. The problem is, one of his claws grows in a really awkward position. I shouldn't have risked it seeing as that claw is always blunt anyway. I definitely won't be touching that one again.

That's just an old wives tale. I had a bird crap on me when I was 9 years old, and it never brought me any good luck. Then it happens again on Friday, and on Saturday I accidentally hurt my cat, and then break my glasses... so no, definitely not good luck. lol

Written by Mattybu on 11.05.2014 at 23:38
Well it could be worse... I remember one time in high school a friend of mine had a seagull get him on the shoulder, and he walked over to his dad's car in the parking lot (his dad is a teacher there) to put his shirt there, and as he was walking back a seagull crapped right on his hat... Awful luck

I hope your cat is okay though

Ah well, at least he was wearing a hat. It went all over my hair, and my jacket, and I had to go into the vets looking like that.

Thanks. I was already giving him treatment for something else which he'd been prescribed by the vets on Friday, so... it seems okay, I'm just worrying that it might become infected.