Metal Storm logo
Ripping Corpse

30.10.2006 - 02:50
Mega-Slayer

A mighty band indeed,I just recently become a fan,after hearing alot about their first album and how it was an underrated classic,I decided to take a look.Mostly known for being Erik Rutan's first band,their debut "Dreaming With The Dead" is an exquisite death/thrash combo,with the harsh yet understandable vocals.If you cant get your hands on their album,at least get the song "Rift Of Hate" it is the highlight,sweet riffing and awesome demonic growl effects,in the vein of Deicide.The Bass is pretty audible,wich is cool,so I dont see how it has bad production,being most people have said its off.Hearing their debut has left me wanting more,sucks they only had one album,Also I love the kick ass name.So anyone else enjoy this band?
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
30.10.2006 - 03:10
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I've always been interested in this band for the sole purpose that Erik Rutan is in it. I have never been able to come across any of their material. Any idea where I can get any mp3s?
----
The force will be with you, always.
30.10.2006 - 05:33
Mega-Slayer

Written by Clintagräm on 30.10.2006 at 03:10

I've always been interested in this band for the sole purpose that Erik Rutan is in it. I have never been able to come across any of their material. Any idea where I can get any mp3s?

I got the songs through limewire,so it is somewhat dangerous to download,but it wont infect your computer with good anti-virus control,though limewire says it is perfectly safe.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
12.02.2007 - 22:37
Gibbler
Account deleted
My favorite band ever! People don't get that Erik Rutan just did rhythm, and didn't contribute that much to the band. Shaune Kelley and Scott Ruth were the main guys behind the band. Amazing band, "Dreaming With The Dead" is such a fun album. Every song is catchy, has awesome riffs, everything about the album rules. The unreleased album from them absolutely kills. If it would have been released, it woulda changed DM forever. The 1992 Demo is also amazing. 3 songs of some quality DM. I can't praise this band enough.

I was realllly hoping to see a Dim Mak thread on this board, (maybe I should search for them) seeing as how 3 of the guys from RC went on to form Dim Mak. When I get 100 posts, I shall post a thread about them. Severely underrated band.
09.01.2008 - 13:27
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
I never liked the vocals, and I probably never will, but Dreaming with the Dead is one of the greatest death metal albums ever. Those riffs are just mindfucking.
10.01.2008 - 02:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I agree with Fucked Upstairs. The music is fucking crazy, but Scott's vocals just aren't harsh enough. I think Erik Rutan should have done them instead.
10.01.2008 - 02:52
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I listened to them some time ago, and they were awesome. I have their material on my computer. I should listen to them again.