Metal Storm logo
Morbus Chron - Sign With Century Media, To Release Vinyl And Record New Album

Official Century Media press release:

Century Media Records is proud to announce the signing of Morbus Chron from Sweden. Often described as a perfect mix between Autopsy and Carnage, Morbus Chron clearly is one of the most talented and promising bands among all the new traditional death metal acts which have been popping around since more than 3 years now.

Morbus Chron comments: "Always expect the unexpected. Morbus Chron are thrilled to join the ranks of Century Media Records. We know that with greater assistance and sturdier tools, the more clearly we can focus our attention solely on the music. So it is with big smiles that we ink this deal tonight. To keep the momentum going, we're entering Gutterview Studios in March/April to record our first 10" EP. Expect to have us around for a while."

Jerry Maréchal, A&R at Century Media Europe comments: "Coming from Sweden without sounding like the 9265465th clone of Left Hand Path Entombed is not a sinecure, to say the least. What Morbus Chron has been achieving for more than 3 years since their first demo tape is far more impressive as the band manages to merge varied and classic influences ranging from US death metal to Swedish and Euro death metal with their own very personal conceptions be it musically or aesthetically. The result is an intense and fascinating traditional death metal act. Period."

As previously mentioned, Morbus Chron will soon record new tracks for a 10" vinyl to be released at the occasion of their first live appearance in Germany at the Hell's Pleasure festival July 20th and 21st, 2012 in Pößneck, East Germany along with other Century Media metal of death youngsters Sonne Adam and Necrowretch! Later this year, the band will start writing the follow up to their critically acclaimed first album entitled Sleepers In The Rift which was rewarded with a fabulous 9 out 10 points review in German Rock Hard magazine.

Source: centurymedia.com
Posted: 14.03.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 19 users
15.03.2012 - 01:51
aporyon

Now they can have a nomination for the next MS awards.
15.03.2012 - 02:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by aporyon on 15.03.2012 at 01:51

Now they can have a nomination for the next MS awards.

I am the only fan of this band on the staff I am afraid. The rest hates this sort of revivalist death metal. But imo Sleepers In The Rift is great and should have been nominated for best DM album last year. It beats Vallnefyre in every single department.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.03.2012 - 02:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Hahahahahahaaha now I see who signed them. Jerry of Detest Records released the vinyl version of Sleepers In The Rift
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.03.2012 - 02:33
@gent_-_orange

Congratulations to them. Hopefully the label with promote them as much as they did Sonne Adam.
15.03.2012 - 02:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by @gent_-_orange on 15.03.2012 at 02:33

Congratulations to them. Hopefully the label with promote them as much as they did Sonne Adam.

Problem is they are putting all their money on Vallnefyre by the looks of it. Vallenfyre is easier to market due to the people involved. Sonne Adam is getting only some slight support nothing much. I wonder what they will do to Necrowretch.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.03.2012 - 02:48
@gent_-_orange

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.03.2012 at 02:36

Problem is they are putting all their money on Vallnefyre by the looks of it. Vallenfyre is easier to market due to the people involved. Sonne Adam is getting only some slight support nothing much.

They have promoted Vallenfyre quite heavily now that you mention it, But they would be foolish not to given the past bands of its members. Quality wise though id say they are not as good as Morbus Chron or Sonne Adam but I still think they are a good band.

I wonder what they will do to Necrowretch.

A new EP has just come out, I'd say its looking good for them, and maybe a full length will be coming soon?, To me It's looking quite sweet for revivalist / Old School Death Metal bands at the moment.
15.03.2012 - 03:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by @gent_-_orange on 15.03.2012 at 02:48

Problem is they are putting all their money on Vallnefyre by the looks of it. Vallenfyre is easier to market due to the people involved. Sonne Adam is getting only some slight support nothing much.

They have promoted Vallenfyre quite heavily now that you mention it, But they would be foolish not to given the past bands of its members. Quality wise though id say they are not as good as Morbus Chron or Sonne Adam but I still think they are a good band.

I wonder what they will do to Necrowretch.

A new EP has just come out, I'd say its looking good for them, and maybe a full length will be coming soon?, To me It's looking quite sweet for revivalist / Old School Death Metal bands at the moment.

My problem with Vallenfyre is that I have the feeling they are jumping the revivalist bandwagon, no matter what Mackintosh says
Necrowretch indeed just released a 7" e.p. released by Detest Records (Jerry the A&R guy of CM's label.) and it is on its way to me.
Necrowretch is great I got their 12" e.p. and compilation tape of their two demo's
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.03.2012 - 03:15
@gent_-_orange

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.03.2012 at 03:03

My problem with Vallenfyre is that I have the feeling they are jumping the revivalist bandwagon, no matter what Mackintosh says

I know what you mean, But they are still worth listening to and it does indeed seem that revivalism is one of the in things nowadays, Just wait 20 years time for a European power metal revivalist movement
15.03.2012 - 03:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by @gent_-_orange on 15.03.2012 at 03:15

Just wait 20 years time for a European power metal revivalist movement

That will become mass suicide time then hahahaha Just watch me jump off the roof of the old folks' home then

Vallenfyre is decent, don't get me wrong. But not as good as they are made out to be all over the place. There are far superior bands in the revivalist movement, i.e. Disma, Vanhelgd, Undergang, Miasmal, Morbus Chron, Sonne Adam, Necrowretch, Invidious
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2457 | This month: 2