03. Warmth & Winter
04. Partisan Eyes
05. Empty Dreamer/Frail As Feathers
06. No Son
07. Serpents At My Feet
08. Onward
09. Pray For Release
10. Rejoice/Loss

Now this is just loud obnoxious music. You can throw terms on it like "grind" and "hardcore", being spot on the money, but it still doesn't seem right. It just sounds like a bunch of dudes decided to make some natural, unrelenting music.

Wait, wait, wait. Don't expect a grind record here. This is almost like Trap Them's parallel twin. Where Trap Them play a sort of grindcore base with a dose of hardcore, this is hardcore with a few grind riffs tossed in from time to time. Where they coincide is just how frantic, unrelenting, and unapologetic they are, yet still manage to keep these weird hooks that stick with you. The frenzied, atypical riffs bring in mind Converge a lot of the times as well, if you're not sold already. Now, a lot of bands like this have a tendency to paint themselves into a corner. They set out to make a purely vicious album, yet come up short in the variation department. Exalt on the other hand appropriately break out these slower dragging moments that seem to always fit within the context of the song.

Then it all ends in under 30 minutes. A lot of people may speculate an album of this calibre is weakened by the short play through, when in fact it feels like it gives it more power. Breach False Minds is an album built to kick down the door of your motor home, break a few windows, clog your toilet, eat all your pop tarts and split before you have a chance to ask them if they wanted to play Hungry Hungry Hippos. They probably spit on your carpet when you weren't looking, too.

Breach False Minds is just a natural sounding hardcore album. No pretensions, just loud and angry.

Written on 17.03.2012 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 151 users
17.03.2012 - 15:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
You mentioned Trap Them and Converge.

I'm sold.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.03.2012 - 07:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I enjoy Converge but Trap Them wasn't anything special in my eyes.

I have a feeling this would be a mid-7 for be at best.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.03.2012 - 20:22
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I like Converge and don't know anything about Trap Them. I'll do my homework.
18.03.2012 - 23:33
TrollandDie

Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.03.2012 at 07:07

I enjoy Converge but Trap Them wasn't anything special in my eyes.

I have a feeling this would be a mid-7 for be at best.

Judging from your standards that still seems pretty damn good.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
19.03.2012 - 01:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by TrollandDie on 18.03.2012 at 23:33
Judging from your standards that still seems pretty damn good.

It would appear that way but 7s for me are like... I probably won't listen to it again. If it's on or if someone asks to hear it I'll be all "oh ya for sure, this is pretty decent" but it's not something I add to my Zune to listen to later (unless I really dig a specific song or two).

8.5 is when shit gets serious.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.03.2012 - 05:38
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.03.2012 at 01:13

8.5 is when shit gets serious.

Good one. Ya, it seems around 8.5 is were things start to change and my attention is really gained in these album reviews. Where the album usually seems to Withstand the Fall of Time..
----
Coldgrits
19.03.2012 - 13:31
Zealot644

Anyone have youtube links? I couldnt find any.
19.03.2012 - 15:05
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
21.03.2012 - 23:52
Frank Sinistra

I'm sold

Hits total: 3731 | This month: 8