Metal Storm logo
Meshuggah - New Song Online

"I Am Colossus", a brand-new track from Swedish technical thrash metallers Meshuggah can now be streamed and downloaded on Scion A/V.

A limited edition 7" will be available in black, clear, yellow, and white vinyl, and given away for free on Meshuggah's upcoming tour, The Ophidian Trek, courtesy of Scion A/V.

About the song, drummer Tomas Haake comments: ""I Am Colossus" is way more straightforward than the thrash metal we grew up with. At the same time, it does pose its own difficulties for us as players. It will probably be one of the first songs we attempt to play on tour. The solo - which is basically two long notes that are slow bends - just turned out beautiful. Such an understatement as a guitar solo. Sometimes a slow song is just as aggressive as a fast one."

Two other new songs, entitled "Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion" and "Do Not Look Down", can be streamed here and here.

"I Am Colossus", "Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion" and "Do Not Look Down" comes off the band's fortcoming album Koloss, due out on March 23rd (Europe) and March 26th (North America) through Nuclear Blast Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: scionav.com
Band profile: Meshuggah
Posted: 20.03.2012 by Azoic

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 124 users
20.03.2012 - 22:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
One of the three good songs on the album. Nice vocals.
20.03.2012 - 22:42
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
The album has been leaked... It's great !!
----
Chef Metal Head
20.03.2012 - 22:43
malaikat

Triforce + Meshuggah = awesomenesssssssssssss
20.03.2012 - 22:50
theFIST

Damn, probably the most boring song becomes the single, way to go
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
21.03.2012 - 03:06
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
When the fuck did Scion start promoting bands like Meshuggah? Oh well, gotta love free music.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
21.03.2012 - 03:28
The Benighted

Written by LeChron James on 21.03.2012 at 03:06

When the fuck did Scion start promoting bands like Meshuggah? Oh well, gotta love free music.

They put out the newest Immolation EP too. Not to say the two sound alike.
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
21.03.2012 - 04:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by The Benighted on 21.03.2012 at 03:28

They put out the newest Immolation EP too. Not to say the two sound alike.

Huh, next thing you know Yugo is gonna be promoting albums haha
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
21.03.2012 - 08:42
Rupert

I thought the solo from Entrapment was pushing it by using two different notes, but they were at least used several times.
21.03.2012 - 12:39
sandisrd

Well this is how it should be!, brutal slow tones with bone ribbing Jens vocal!....I love this masterpiece!....
21.03.2012 - 21:47
sandisrd

Written by CHEF METALHEAD on 20.03.2012 at 22:42

Its leaked, what a surprise!!!...Have you thought about buying original ''Koloss'' CD???!!!...:(

TIP: Its not REALLY expensive!...;)
21.03.2012 - 23:31
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
Written by sandisrd on 21.03.2012 at 21:47

Its leaked, what a surprise!!!...Have you thought about buying original ''Koloss'' CD???!!!...:(

Who cares...
----
Chef Metal Head
21.03.2012 - 23:52
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Written by CHEF METALHEAD on 21.03.2012 at 23:31

Who cares...

It's on youtube, from the few songs I listened to it sounds more cohesive than obZen, but I still don't understand the story behind the cover or the album in general
----
22.03.2012 - 00:19
Unhealer
Eclecticist
These guys have the power to write apparently average songs and still get me to enjoy them a lot. It's weird.

Written by Nosurper on 21.03.2012 at 23:52

It's on youtube, from the few songs I listened to it sounds more cohesive than obZen, but I still don't understand the story behind the cover or the album in general

Is this a concept album or something? I don't think so, it doesn't neccessarily have to tell a story.
22.03.2012 - 01:05
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Written by Unhealer on 22.03.2012 at 00:19

These guys have the power to write apparently average songs and still get me to enjoy them a lot. It's weird.

Is this a concept album or something? I don't think so, it doesn't neccessarily have to tell a story.

I don't know what Koloss means, my guess is it relates to the first track
----
22.03.2012 - 01:52
Scorpyin

Fuck yeah! I ALWAYS buy my cds before theyre released too!

Written by CHEF METALHEAD on 21.03.2012 at 23:31

Who cares...

I read somewhere it's simply artwork the band found on facebook or some internet site, liked it, so they contacted the guy who made it, and had him make the cover for them.... No idea how legit any of that is tho...
22.03.2012 - 03:05
sandisrd

Quote:
I read somewhere it's simply artwork the band found on facebook or some internet site, liked it, so they contacted the guy who made it, and had him make the cover for them.... No idea how legit any of that is tho...

Story behind ''Koloss'' art work is a metaphor of demon guardian ho is basically guarding a passage to a organic hell! '(a transitions from logical life to mystical entrapment!)...

There are even rumors about story from the track ''Bleed'', continues on album ''Koloss''!!!...;)

Hits total: 3084 | This month: 4