‹‹ Back to the Alternative metal forum Pages: 1 2 [3]
Users visited: 69  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Twilight on 18.05.2006 at 18:04
I was missing a topic about these guys.

The Dillinger Escape Plan, not really a band to easily put a genre on.
Their music is so hyper-active, yet extremely technical. Ben Weinman, on of the guitarists, is a genius and he can play guitar in such a brilliant way.
Someone once said that he actually plays Free Jazz, but in an extremely fast and hyper-active way.

Some people think this band is pure noise, but I can find the greatness in this music. It's very interesting.

Has anyone seen them live already? Unfortunately I didn't. I heard they're awesome live.

Page 3 of 3

LethargyMan

10.12.2007 at 07:13
So I "got" the new album (college radio stations are nice places )

My impression is that DEP doesn't really know what they want to do. Just over 1/2 the songs are the usual math-laden, while the other half have the Patton-esque style of "this song kinda sounds normal but not really." There really isn't much flow between tracks, and it seems the band was kinda struggling for direction, either in their attempt to be a second-rate Mr.Bungle/Fantomas hybrid or to just play the same stuff they've been doing since the band started.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat

10.12.2007 at 20:26
A new audio interview with The Dillinger Escape Plan has been posted at Metalhead.ro here.
Twilight
IntepridTraveler

16.12.2007 at 02:17
Their latest album is really disappointing...
Most of the songs sound like above-average Linkin Park rip-offs, or something.
I think I know why Chris Pennie left the band, their job just seems kind of 'done', maybe.

Too bad, I hoped they would make a mixture of their previous two albums. But then again, almost no band repeats itself.
----
And when our eyes will meet there
We will recognize nothing's wrong
BloodTears
Stella Artois

21.12.2007 at 11:31
There is a big hype about this band now. I never listened to them, never felt the calling. Maybe I never will, who knows.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.
Twilight
IntepridTraveler

25.12.2007 at 21:49
Written by BloodTears on 21.12.2007 at 11:31

There is a big hype about this band now. I never listened to them, never felt the calling. Maybe I never will, who knows.

Big hype now?
I can imagine, because it sounds (roughly) like Linkin Park now.
I've never really heard about a hype around this band, although I can understand they had some influence.
But I guess their inspiration kind of faded away with their latest album...
----
BloodTears
Stella Artois

25.12.2007 at 22:53
Written by Twilight on 25.12.2007 at 21:49

Written by BloodTears on 21.12.2007 at 11:31

Big hype now?
I can imagine, because it sounds (roughly) like Linkin Park now.
I've never really heard about a hype around this band, although I can understand they had some influence.
But I guess their inspiration kind of faded away with their latest album...

Yes. Everyone seems to be listening to them.
----

Twilight
IntepridTraveler

26.12.2007 at 00:28
Looking at your profile I think you might like them. Just try out Calculating Infinity or Miss Machine.
----
IllNiñoSweden

29.12.2007 at 21:52
The Dillinger Escape Plan is a good band.
They have very good tracks from the new album.
But maybe too much progressiv metal.
BloodTears
Stella Artois

12.01.2008 at 14:35
Written by Twilight on 26.12.2007 at 00:28

Looking at your profile I think you might like them. Just try out Calculating Infinity or Miss Machine.

You think i'll like them? I listened to some of the songs and the voice was so irritating I'm sorry. Maybe the rest is better.
----

Dane Train
Beers & Kilts

12.01.2008 at 17:37
Oh man, the new album is amazing. It is one of the best albums I have heard from 2007. I am going to be seeing DEP supporting KsE next week. I can not wait to see them live.
----
(space for rent)
doomina
Account deleted
  03.02.2008 at 15:40
calculating infinity and miss machine are two of the best albums ever!
but i've expected much more from ire works ...
and fuck: i can't see them live cause i'm at hospital ... damn!
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat

13.02.2008 at 18:16
BandRescue.com recently conducted an interview with The Dillinger Escape Plan at The Tabernacle in Atlanta, Georgia. You can watch the chat in two parts here and here.
Twilight
IntepridTraveler

13.02.2008 at 21:44
The lastest album is crap, except Fix Your Face and the usual hyperactive stuff. But all the emotional stuff just doesn't suit Dillinger Escape Plan at all!
No wonder Chris Pennie left the band. I really like their first two albums, this third one is just so disappointing...
All the rawness and hyperactivity is just gone! Such a shame.
----
Sean3h
Account deleted
  13.02.2008 at 23:24
Love these guys. New album is not that great, but I still love their other releases. However their performance on the Conan O'Brien show was atrocious.

http://www.buzzgrinder.com/2008/video-dillinger-escape-plan-on-conan-obrien/

The song in itself is boring, but the overall performance was just really languid and uninspired.
wormdrink414

03.08.2009 at 05:58
Public Enemies was a mediocre film.
Can't state the same for this band. I can state, however, that this band is a piece of shit.
Twilight
IntepridTraveler

03.08.2009 at 11:44
Based on that video, their last album or their entire discography?

I have to admit that it went all downhill after Miss Machine, BUT they used to be great. IF you're in for some creative skillful heavy music.
----
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts

03.08.2009 at 21:16
Written by wormdrink414 on 03.08.2009 at 05:58

Public Enemies was a mediocre film.
Can't state the same for this band. I can state, however, that this band is a piece of shit.

Why do you think that?
----
(space for rent)
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
  04.08.2009 at 08:19
I tried listening to them again but I still find their music to be too erratic and all over the place for me...they have some great riffs here and there and they're talented musicians though...
JÄY
Metal slave

11.11.2011 at 06:59
I saw these guys open up for Mastodon and they put on the worst show I've ever seen. Simple drums, off-key singing and 0 good riffs......BUT MASTODON WAS STILL WORTH IT.
JD
Kafir

12.01.2012 at 03:18
Can't stop listening to these crazy guys.
----
"The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull"
3rdWorld

17.01.2012 at 10:57
Written by JD on 12.01.2012 at 03:18

Can't stop listening to these crazy guys.

I started listening to these guys after listening to THe Number 12 looks like you... i cant see anything impressive with these guys.
Dr.Overkill26

03.05.2014 at 06:24
DEP freaking slays, I own all their lps, Have seen them live twice, they are fantastic live. I also enjoy bands like Converge and Botch, (and I loge both of those bands) although this is a DILLINGER thread, I think it's silly to post or compare them to other bands here. It is also worth noting That DEP is widely considered a hugely influential band, Bands such as Deftones, Meshuggah, and Lars Ulrich have cited them as being enjoyable. Going to say right now please spare me the "Lars sucks ass ETC" kind of talk, would be happy to discuss that elsewhere. And again, not comparing them to those bands, just citing their scale of influence. Periphery is another one, really all these "Mathcore" bands that have popped up in the wake of DEP's existence.
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
Dr.Overkill26

03.05.2014 at 12:56
Also worth noting that Calculating Infinity is Dynamic, Diverse and a freaking MASTERPIECE!
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Login or register to post here.