Metal Storm logo
Kreator - Unveil Phantom Antichrist Limited Edition Artwork

Legendary German thrashers Kreator have unveiled the exclusive new artwork for the special edition, two-disc digipak version including a bonus DVD of their forthcoming new album Phantom Antichrist, which is scheduled for release on June 1st in Europe and June 5th in North America through Nuclear Blast Records. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Frontman Mille Petrozza commented on the new artwork: "Jan Meininghaus, who did this one, is a cover artist from my hometown, Essen, Germany. I really love the artwork he came up with for the limited edition. It's pure mayhem, powerful and dark!"

The limited edition artwork can be viewed below.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kreator
Posted: 21.03.2012 by Angelic Storm

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 199 users
21.03.2012 - 13:25
Angelic Storm
Melodious
One thing I noticed almost immediately, is the stance of the Kreator Demon on this cover, is identical to the stance of the demon on the "Pleasure To Kill" artwork. Whether this was meant as an homage, and was deliberate, or just a coincidence, I don't know. But it's interesting anyway! lol

I really like this artwork, but I do prefer the one for the standard edition. It's more visceral and violent, although this could be an indication of different sonic sides to the album?
21.03.2012 - 13:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Not as good as the first one.. that one was mindblowing and completelyfuckedupoverthetop.
21.03.2012 - 14:16
Daniell
_爱情_
This cover is the embodiment of everything that's wrong with metal covers. No wonder that so many poeple think metal is for retards when they see such shit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against this specific cover. I just happen to think that about 90% of metal covers are complete disgrace.
21.03.2012 - 14:32
vezzy
Stallmanite
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Phantom Antichrist.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
21.03.2012 - 15:44
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I actually like that artwork. Might not be the best I've seen, but looks pretty good to me.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
21.03.2012 - 16:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Terribly generic run of the mill cover art
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.03.2012 - 16:57
Rulatore

Written by Angelic Storm on 21.03.2012 at 13:25

One thing I noticed almost immediately, is the stance of the Kreator Demon on this cover, is identical to the stance of the demon on the "Pleasure To Kill" artwork.

I can only see tits ( loljk )

I liked the artwork, but the other one was better
21.03.2012 - 16:59
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Yaniv on 21.03.2012 at 13:15

Nice pic, but it seems like a power metal cover to me.

Seems like a deathcore cover to me.
21.03.2012 - 17:08
Edmund Fogg

Prefered the look and feel of the original version as well. This one feels flat and doesn't speak to me at all. If I didn't knew Kreator, I'd probably skip the album.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
21.03.2012 - 21:37
strade

Yep, no where near as good as the standard edition.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
22.03.2012 - 06:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.03.2012 at 16:23

Terribly generic run of the mill cover art

I believe "don't judge a book by it's cover" can also apply to music, no? Who knows, it could end up being the most celebrated thrash album of 2012.
We'll just have to wait and see
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
22.03.2012 - 07:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
The first album art was MUCH better. They butchered the shit outta their faithful monster mascot in this one.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 4902 | This month: 5