Metal Storm logo
Slayer - New Video

The new video for Slayer's 'Eyes Of The Insane' from "Christ Illusion" is having its premiere on mp3.com today. Click here to check it out.

Source: slayer.net
Band profile: Slayer
Posted: 31.10.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 1 user
31.10.2006 - 11:21
Talvi

They had better songs on the album to represent as videos
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
31.10.2006 - 12:39
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I agree with Largos, this is not a great choice, in my opinion
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
31.10.2006 - 13:11
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I was thinking the same thing
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
31.10.2006 - 14:49
Damnated
Churchburner
Since my news didn't get in, Ill post this here.

Directed by Iranian filmmaker Tony Petrossian , "Eyes of the Insane" is a first-person narrative about the horrors leading up to the final moments of a solder at war. The entire video is a single, long and tight close-up of the soldier's eye with images clearly reflected within his pupil and iris and perfectly choreographed with the rhythm of the music. Reflected are disconcerting images of para trooping into enemy territory, gunfire, helicopters and tanks, explosions, poignant flashbacks of his wife and child and home, and the images of his death. Two endings were filmed ? one where the soldier dies from his combat injuries, and the other where he commits suicide.

The lyrics for "Eyes of the Insane" were written by Slayer's bassist/vocalist Tom Araya and the song was inspired by a magazine article entitled "Casualty of War". The article told the story about a highly-decorated U.S. soldier in Iraq who, a mere four days away from going home, had a mental breakdown that left him "seeing faces, soldiers' faces." He took his own life.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
31.10.2006 - 16:03
Thryce
Retired Staff
@ Damnated: thanks
----
Your favorite band sucks.

Hits total: 1580 | This month: 26