Metal Storm logo
New Non-Metal Album Recommendations 2012

Original post

Posted by , 25.03.2012 - 19:09
Pretty self explanatory. A general forum for everything non-metal that you dug in 2012, be it EBM, punk, noise, jazz, hip-hop et cetera. Youtube clips definitely a good idea when possible, if not a brief description at the very least. Haven't concentrated much on non-metal stuff this year but some interesting stuff that has come my way:
22.12.2012 - 18:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Holy fucking shit in a cracker... this is probably album of the year. Shame it came after the vast majority of end of year lists, I doubt it'll get a look in in any awards but I might push for this to be nominated in the MS awards as there's a lot of metal on this one:

Whole album is on Bandcamp, you lucky slags.
22.12.2012 - 20:06
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 22.12.2012 at 18:54

Holy fucking shit in a cracker... this is probably album of the year. Shame it came after the vast majority of end of year lists, I doubt it'll get a look in in any awards but I might push for this to be nominated in the MS awards as there's a lot of metal on this one:

dubstep? electronica hardcore?

Well, no problem there. I even liked the artwork dissing Indian "god-sitting" stature , but didn't like the music at all. Srs, it was one hell of a boring stuff.

Thanks for recommending it.
22.12.2012 - 20:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 22.12.2012 at 20:06

dubstep? electronica hardcore?

Well, no problem there. I even liked the artwork dissing Indian "god-sitting" stature , but didn't like the music at all. Srs, it was one hell of a boring stuff.

Thanks for recommending it.

I'm pretty sure there's no dubstep on this record. Maybe the very odd bit of dub. There's metal, flamenco, tons of classical, baroque and piano, all on a bed of breakcore. Incredible stuff.

To call this boring is to misuse the phrase in an egregious manner and to misunderstand the term's meaning completely

Definitely album of the year for me. Easy choice.
23.12.2012 - 20:11
Unhealer
Eclecticist
^ That band sounds fucking great! I'm going to give it some time before the year ends. That one could easily be on the metal recommendations thread

Anybody already mentioned Art By Numbers? Seems they already made themselves quite a reputation this year with their debut, some mathcore/math rock with a lot of jazz influences. And super gay.
http://artbynumbers.bandcamp.com/

24.12.2012 - 00:40
Uldreth

Well this IS metal.

Just like The Human Abstract or Protest The Hero, both which are on the site.
24.12.2012 - 01:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Unhealer on 23.12.2012 at 20:11

^ That band sounds fucking great! I'm going to give it some time before the year ends. That one could easily be on the metal recommendations thread

Funny you say that, it seems there's a general agreement amongst the staff / elite that this has enough metal in to be considered for this site, mostly through me shoving this down people's throat
24.12.2012 - 04:39
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Uldreth on 24.12.2012 at 00:40

Well this IS metal.

Just like The Human Abstract or Protest The Hero, both which are on the site.

Ehhh it's borderline. Prog Rock with some math thrown in.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.12.2012 - 15:12
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
If interested, can check this out:

Bohemia( not Bohemian!), punjabi rapper hailing from San Francisco'( born in Karachi, Pakistan) spitting some great punjabi rap songs from his new album.

for more, you can check him out on Youtube.
29.12.2012 - 04:13
Edmund Fogg

This guy is a fucking genius

Mary Shelley & The Implicit Order - A Good Lie

Bandcamp
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
18.01.2013 - 16:38
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
I'm not sure exactly what genre these guys are, but some sort of electro. They are tagged as electro house and industrial house on bandcamp. Some interesting music though. Any reccos similar to this?

http://iammosh.bandcamp.com/album/monarchy
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
06.03.2013 - 15:42
Paz

Do you like large dose of psychedelia? Check out S/T debut album by 1926 from Ploland.