‹‹ Back to the Metal arena
Users visited: 15  
Search this topic:  
Favorite Tomi Joutsen Era Album (2005-present)

Skyforger (2009)3
Eclipse (2006)2
The Beginning of Times (2011)2
Silent Waters (2007)1

Total votes: 8

Codera the Great
Account deleted
  25.03.2012 at 20:23
So ever since Pasi Koskinen left Amorphis after the 2003-2004 release of Far From The Sun, the band replaced him in 2005 with Tomi Joutsen, who was already a long time fan of their work to begin with, and has since released four consistently great albums as of the time I am writing this post, with Eclipse, Silent Waters, Skyforger, and The Beginning of Times. So what would you say is your favorite of the four most recent albums by the band Amorphis? Feel free to express your opinion on each of these releases, while also voting for your favorite. If you only like their older works such as The Karelian Isthmus and Tales from the Thousand Lakes, that is fine, but do not go on here just to bash these four albums or the band period. Any comments bashing these albums or the band will not be tolerated. This poll is specifically made for fans (old and new) who enjoy the four most recent Amorphis albums with Tomi Joutsen on vocals.
Array

26.03.2012 at 00:25
The Beginning Of Times, easily. More details and air within those great compositions, which combine both the modern and the old Amorphis.
Bad English
nobody

26.03.2012 at 02:16
All are equal bad, not so bad to be lame, but for me Amorphis is 100 lakes, karelian itshmuss era and lil after, I dont deny those, but cant choose who's best, no voting
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Codera the Great
Account deleted
  26.03.2012 at 03:23
Now if I had to vote, I would personally go with Skyforger. I love the more progressive direction being taken on that album, and because I am biased, it is the album that first introduced me to Amorphis. The opening track Sampo specifically was what won me over to this band.
Dentura
Shadow King

06.06.2012 at 06:38
I personally love Skyforger, though I am a bit biased considering it's my first album from the band. It just left such a big impact upon first hearing it.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.