Metal Storm logo
Diablo Swing Orchestra - Part Ways With Drummer, Tour Replacement Announced

Petter Karlsson, drummer of Swedish avant-garde metallers Diablo Swing Orchestra, has decided to leave the band. A statement about the departure can be read below. The rest of the band would like to thank him for "all the fun times together as well as for all the hard work he has put into the band".

Filling in on the Latin America tour will be Johan Norbäck from Swedish band Vulkan.

Petter issues the following statement: "I have decided to quit DSO for a number of different reasons.
It has been a seriously hard decision that has grown for some time.

DSO is a band which foundation is made from a bunch of great guys, with great ideas, great enthusiasm and 100% motivation.

I just feel that I can't mobilize that amount of greatness and enthusiasm, without having a bigger share of the artistic creation and in addition to limited financial gain.

I just have too much other things going in my life right now. And I really want to continue working on my own projects.
So therefore I leave the drum throne to someone who can put the right amount of energy into it. DSO deserve that.

I think DSO is a fantastic band and great guys.
I wish them all the best of luck in the future!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Diablo Swing Orchestra
Posted: 29.03.2012 by Azoic

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 95 users
29.03.2012 - 23:45
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Bummer. I was expecting to see this guy on the tour.
Hope the replacement can keep up with him.
18.04.2012 - 23:48
the stranger

They're going to Venezuela and not coming here? I can understand Colombia and Argentina... but Venezuela? Seriously?
Anyway, I'll guess that nobody of the people that make concerts here have heard of them, while there must be a guy there that knows his business.
19.04.2012 - 00:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by the stranger on 18.04.2012 at 23:48

They're going to Venezuela and not coming here? I can understand Colombia and Argentina... but Venezuela? Seriously?
Anyway, I'll guess that nobody of the people that make concerts here have heard of them, while there must be a guy there that knows his business.

Weird indeed. Both Peru and Chile make waaaaaaaaaay more sense than Venezuela considering the constantly growing metal scene in both countries.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.04.2012 - 20:09
the stranger

Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.04.2012 at 00:17

Written by the stranger on 18.04.2012 at 23:48

Weird indeed. Both Peru and Chile make waaaaaaaaaay more sense than Venezuela considering the constantly growing metal scene in both countries.

I know, it's way too weird. Also, the fact that Brazil is left out, makes it even stranger. But, it's DSO, they're weird enough.

Hits total: 4041 | This month: 7