Metal Storm logo
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Singer Revealed, Album Teaser Online

Alessandro Conti has been revealed as the singer of Luca Turilli's Rhapsody. The band released a video featuring excerpts from the upcoming album and issued this statement: "Hi to all, today, March 30th 2012, is a great and very important day for our band. We are finally proud to present the new singer of LT'S Rhapsody to the world, the person who, thanks to his unique vocal talent, will contribute to the artistic perspectives of the band in the years to come. The secret is finally revealed: the new singer is Italian and his name is Alessandro Conti."

Luca Turilli commented: "Alessandro is the singer of our band since many months already but we wanted to present him in the way he deserves, and this means: through his voice! For this 11th Rhapsody album we wanted to have a singer able to sing in different ways and offering different 'colors'. Such ability is fundamental for me as in every Rhapsody album I like to compose different styles of songs, passing from the most cinematic and epic impact of some songs to the operatic majesty of other ones, from celestial voices to more aggressive tones. Alessandro was just the best choice in this sense as, in between the multitude of all his vocal colors, he has a great high tone but also an operatic approach that makes the difference. He studied at the 'Corale Lirica Rossini' of Modena as first tenor, the same school attended by the great and unforgettable Luciano Pavarotti."

The first official statement of Alessandro as member of the band: "I am very enthusiastic to be the new voice of Rhapsody and the person the band was searching for. Ascending To Infinity is just an amazing piece of art and maybe not even the word Epic is enough to describe its emotional power... what is sure is that I am really proud to be part of it. Now I am looking forward to meeting all the existing and new Rhapsody fans around the world. See you soon!"

Source: ltrhapsody.com
Band profile: Luca Turilli
Posted: 30.03.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 184 users
30.03.2012 - 22:02
Milena
gloom cookie
Quite an nice voice (it was about time we had some male operatic vocals in metal and not just the female which are getting on my nerves), but with this music behind... nah, not really interested. Just sounds funny instead of powerful.
----
7.0 means the album is good
30.03.2012 - 23:20
BlindToNegotiate

Conti's voice reminds me a bit of Kai Hansen's voice from early Helloween!

Not Bad!
30.03.2012 - 23:28
opeth771

He sounds like a mix of Kai Hansen and Fabio Leone... Interesting..
30.03.2012 - 23:38
JPR

"For this 11th Rhapsody "... i thougt that the one who was realising their 11th album was the other Rhapsody... Of Fire
31.03.2012 - 00:32
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 30.03.2012 at 22:02

Quite an nice voice (it was about time we had some male operatic vocals in metal and not just the female which are getting on my nerves), but with this music behind... nah, not really interested. Just sounds funny instead of powerful.

Totally agree (imagine that, we almost never agree...) I have been hoping that Luca Turilli was going to do something really epic but things have been getting a lot more silly and unabashedly cheese. Some people are definitely going to wonder what I mean by that because everything Turilli has ever done has sounded cheesy, but there is a finesse to it and he has been losing it. Power Of The Dragonflame was an incredible album and Rhapsody had all sorts of very memorable and catchy songs for so long, and they have had good songs on all of their albums but the quality keeps diminishing.

But damn that guy can sing. It is rare that someone lives up to rule 16 of power metal: 16. If at all possible, be Michael Kiske! Props. I'll definitely be listening to this album at least once, and Rhapsody Of Fire's new album when it comes out, but I am disappoint...
31.03.2012 - 03:00
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Sounds like Helloween, I want Fabio Lione back!!!
31.03.2012 - 04:48
chronic-headache

I prefer this guy over Fabio
As much as I love Rhapsody (or whatever they are called now) I will be keeping a VERY close watch on this
31.03.2012 - 05:20
Baz Anderson

Yeh, 11th album? You were the one that left Rhapsody!!
31.03.2012 - 09:26
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
The plot thickens...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
31.03.2012 - 13:25
DieH@rd

New singer is great. I cant wait to hear new album.
----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-
31.03.2012 - 13:46
ndawkn

11th album? Will both of them claim to be the real Rhapsody from now on? Wasn't that supposed to be a friendly split-up?
01.04.2012 - 21:20
RavenKing

The new singer sounds great.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
02.04.2012 - 02:08
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Rhapsody or not Rhapsody? Luca Turilli says that: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=391215387564000.
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"

Hits total: 4206 | This month: 4