Metal Storm logo
Meshuggah - Premiere New Video

"Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion", a brand new video from Swedish technical thrash metallers Meshuggah has premiered and you can watch it below. It was directed by Owe Lingvall of Village Road Film. The song is taken from Meshuggah's new album Koloss, which was released on March 23rd in Europe and March 26th in North America via Nuclear Blast Records.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Meshuggah
Posted: 31.03.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   Visited by: 137 users
31.03.2012 - 20:43
theFIST
Boring
so it fits the song
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
31.03.2012 - 21:03
Unhealer
Eclecticist
They clearly chose the wrong song for a single. There are so much better songs than this one on the record.
And it could be just me, but I saw a lot of people think the same.

The only thing that saves this song is Jens.
31.03.2012 - 21:05
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by theFIST on 31.03.2012 at 20:43

Boring
so it fits the song

What else would you expect from Meshuggah?
31.03.2012 - 21:14
theFIST
Written by Alex F on 31.03.2012 at 21:05

Written by theFIST on 31.03.2012 at 20:43

Boring
so it fits the song

What else would you expect from Meshuggah?

well, i like their faster songs
also the video for bleed was more interesting and the tourbus video for New Millennium Cyanide Christ was great
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
31.03.2012 - 21:24
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by theFIST on 31.03.2012 at 21:14

well, i like their faster songs
also the video for bleed was more interesting and the tourbus video for New Millennium Cyanide Christ was great

Well, i love the video for Bleed, but the song (bleed) is so incredibly boring. Its the same riff for nine or so minutes
31.03.2012 - 21:56
scaesura
Terrible.

Then again I hate Meshuggah.
31.03.2012 - 22:08
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Damn, is there a Meshuggah Haters Alliance or something?
31.03.2012 - 22:19
sandisrd
You all are bunch of unnegated, childish nerds!, no wonder you don't like ''Meshuggah''!...

Moreover this video is without any unnecessary things, just a pure Meshuggah sawing, brilliant!.......
31.03.2012 - 22:32
Rulatore
Meshuggah was always boring, some of their faster songs are less boring ( and very few of them are good ).

For the video, unnecessary.
31.03.2012 - 23:44
sandisrd
Written by Rulatore on 31.03.2012 at 22:32

Meshuggah was always boring, some of their faster songs are less boring ( and very few of them are good ).

For the video, unnecessary.

Full of nonsense!!!...;(
01.04.2012 - 01:03
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by sandisrd on 31.03.2012 at 22:19

You all are bunch of unnegated, childish nerds!, no wonder you don't like ''Meshuggah''!...

Moreover this video is without any unnecessary things, just a pure Meshuggah sawing, brilliant!.......

I completely agree, all the haters think they're boring because they don't understand Meshuggah and what the band do or how and why they write the way they do. Me personally I find Meshuggah to be one of the best bands out there and very incredibly skilled at what they do. One of the few major label bands out there in the world that is still original and truely writes what they want and does what they want rather than trying to cater to fans and cater to record labels for sales and money, I'm so glad that Nuclear Blast actually doesn't try to fuck with their writing process and creativity and dictate what they do with their music.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

01.04.2012 - 01:23
sandisrd
Written by psykometal on 01.04.2012 at 01:03

I completely agree, all the haters think they're boring because they don't understand Meshuggah and what the band do or how and why they write the way they do. Me personally I find Meshuggah to be one of the best bands out there and very incredibly skilled at what they do. One of the few bands out there in the world that is still original and truely writes what they want and does what they want rather than trying to cater to fans and cater to record labels for sales and money, I'm so glad that Nuclear Blast actually doesn't try to fuck with their writing process and creativity and dictate what they do with their music.

Applause!!!!!....;)
01.04.2012 - 01:24
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
TIL I'm a childish "unnegated" nerd because I don't like someone else's favorite band.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.04.2012 - 01:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I've been listening to, and loving, Meshuggah for the past 8 years and I say, to the best of my educated opinion, the past two albums are little more than hollow shells of Meshuggah at their best. Please don't elevate the past two records to some kind of higher "understanding" plane because that's absolute shit of the bull variety. If people don't want to like Meshuggah then that's their business. They have a very sterile, clinical sound which not everyone will appreciate. The last two records though have been almost totally devoid of ideas.

People need to recognise a fanboy foaming at the mouth when they see one and avoid affirming them.
01.04.2012 - 01:38
Scorpyin
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.04.2012 at 01:24

TIL I'm a childish "unnegated" nerd because I don't like someone else's favorite band.

I think he was referring to some of the comments at the top. Calling something terrible without an explination as to why "is" rather childish...

But yeah, one of the more boring tracks of the cd. Always love those fucking drums though!
01.04.2012 - 02:11
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.04.2012 at 01:38

I've been listening to, and loving, Meshuggah for the past 8 years and I say, to the best of my educated opinion, the past two albums are little more than hollow shells of Meshuggah at their best. Please don't elevate the past two records to some kind of higher "understanding" plane because that's absolute shit of the bull variety. If people don't want to like Meshuggah then that's their business. They have a very sterile, clinical sound which not everyone will appreciate. The last two records though have been almost totally devoid of ideas.

People need to recognise a fanboy foaming at the mouth when they see one and avoid affirming them.

If you say so, me personally I have read several interviews with Tomas that he has done after the releases of the last couple albums and I can honestly say that until I read the interviews with Tomas about why they wrote what they wrote and how they wrote I too felt that the albums were kinda meh or not very good but after reading the interviews with Tomas about why those albums play and sound the way they do I understand it and I feel that they achieved their goals. They try to do write completely differently with every release and they go into the writing process with a specific mindset about how they want to write for that album, so in way yes their albums require a "higher understanding" as you put it because if you listen to each album expecting Chaosphere or Destroy Erase Improve (instead of reading their interviews to see what was in their heads when they went into writing mode) you will be disappointed every time because they wrote those albums with a much younger less mature song writing ideology; they were still kind of in Metallica fanboy mode back then which is why those albums are "thrashier" and more derivitive instead of being "weird and out there" like Nothing, I, Catch 33, obZen and now Koloss.
----

01.04.2012 - 02:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
That's not what I call higher understanding, that's what I call superfluous information that has little bearing on the music itself. If we went by that method then virtually every poor album could be justified as being good.

And I don't find the last two to be weird or out there. I find them extremely conventional and pedestrian.
01.04.2012 - 02:28
sandisrd
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.04.2012 at 01:24

Well one thing is wen you don't like something!, another thing is wen you start to arraign something you just simply don't understand!...
01.04.2012 - 02:45
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.04.2012 at 01:38

The last two records though have been almost totally devoid of ideas.

Almost totally indeed, not a fan of Obzen but am starting to warm up to the new one. The last half just really wins me over. I'm hoping that Fredrik will still be releasing a new Special Defects album, new ideas to be found there for sure.
01.04.2012 - 02:48
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Introspekrieg on 01.04.2012 at 02:45

Almost totally indeed, not a fan of Obzen but am starting to warm up to the new one. The last half just really wins me over. I'm hoping that Fredrik will still be releasing a new Special Defects album, new ideas to be found there for sure.

I know if I go back to the new ablum I'll end up listening to the same 3 tracks again... But yeah, a new Special Defects record should be pretty crazy stuff.
01.04.2012 - 02:55
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.04.2012 at 02:17

That's not what I call higher understanding, that's what I call superfluous information that has little bearing on the music itself. If we went by that method then virtually every poor album could be justified as being good.

And I don't find the last two to be weird or out there. I find them extremely conventional and pedestrian.

Thus the reason I chose to put those two things in "quotations" because I also wouldn't call it a higher understanding or weird. As well then yes if you want to read interviews with bands about why their music sounds that way and then make your decision based on their mindset then fine if you choose to ignore the interviews and call them superfluous info that has no bearing on the musical value then that's your choice and opinion but in all honestly reading the band's mindset on why they write the way they write is completely pertinent info that has all the bearing on their music. If you read the interviews with the bands and still choose to hate their music because you don't agree with their mindset then fine but to not read the interviews and say that a band's music is garbage when you have no understanding of what's going on and proceed to call them a "hollow shell of their former selves" and "devoid of ideas" then that's just ignorant IMO.
----

01.04.2012 - 03:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 01.04.2012 at 02:55

Thus the reason I chose to put those two things in "quotations" because I also wouldn't call it a higher understanding or weird. As well then yes if you want to read interviews with bands about why their music sounds that way and then make your decision based on their mindset then fine if you choose to ignore the interviews and call them superfluous info that has no bearing on the musical value then that's your choice and opinion but in all honestly reading the band's mindset on why they write the way they write is completely pertinent info that has all the bearing on their music. If you read the interviews with the bands and still choose to hate their music because you don't agree with their mindset then fine but to not read the interviews and say that a band's music is garbage when you have no understanding of what's going on and proceed to call them a "hollow shell of their former selves" and "devoid of ideas" then that's just ignorant IMO.

I would say not. For me it's tantamount to using lyrical content as a measure, albeit it of any size, of quality of the music. Bands can be judged purely for their musical output. Any background information is just that, background information. I don't judge a director on what he wanted his vision to be, I judge him on the final product. Putting too much credence on interviews and such is practically a kind of brainwashing if you ask me. I try, to the best of my ability, to use my ears to understand what's going on, not what I read. I reserve the right to judge a band without knowing what the bassist has for lunch.
01.04.2012 - 03:22
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.04.2012 at 03:01

I would say not. For me it's tantamount to using lyrical content as a measure, albeit it of any size, of quality of the music. Bands can be judged purely for their musical output. Any background information is just that, background information. I don't judge a director on what he wanted his vision to be, I judge him on the final product. Putting too much credence on interviews and such is practically a kind of brainwashing if you ask me. I try, to the best of my ability, to use my ears to understand what's going on, not what I read. I reserve the right to judge a band without knowing what the bassist has for lunch.

Fair enough. That is THE definition of an opinion after all. And we all know the saying "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"
----

01.04.2012 - 03:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by psykometal on 01.04.2012 at 02:55
to not read the interviews and say that a band's music is garbage when you have no understanding of what's going on and proceed to call them a "hollow shell of their former selves" and "devoid of ideas" then that's just ignorant IMO.

This is just plain bullshit I don't even know where to start. People say the things that Joe said because they simply don't like the music, don't find it as interesting and innovative as the previous material... There's nothing more to it.

Why should that be ignorant? Saying that it's ignorant it's just awfully arrogant.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.04.2012 - 05:45
Rupert
I LIKE NEW SONG AND ALBUM VIDEO IS BORING BUT JENS FUNNY
01.04.2012 - 07:37
Johnra
Once you come out of the shadows, it's very difficult to go back.
01.04.2012 - 08:27
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Some guys should start to understand that we can't write "IN MY OPINION" on every sentence of our posts.
If I say "This is boring" or "This is better than their last album" it should be clear that it's only an opinion and I'm not saying it's the universal truth and you are morons for not thinking like that.

And for anyone that disagrees in what I said above... you are an ignorant, sir.
01.04.2012 - 11:11
John Shock

Agreed, these guys are nonsense with their minds, even if they're nerds, they could understand why Meshuggah write this kind of songs (specially for nerds)! Meshuggah are uncomprehensive to the most ears! Even the slow songs can get a real fan to reach on the "fetus of your mind", it cracks just to listen their songs, whatever songs from Meshuggah! The guys simply just don't understand how stupid they are, and i just don't speak to myself...they're just haters, that's all! ...
01.04.2012 - 22:13
Rupert
Written by John Shock on 01.04.2012 at 11:11

Agreed, these guys are nonsense with their minds, even if they're nerds, they could understand why Meshuggah write this kind of songs (specially for nerds)! Meshuggah are uncomprehensive to the most ears! Even the slow songs can get a real fan to reach on the "fetus of your mind", it cracks just to listen their songs, whatever songs from Meshuggah! The guys simply just don't understand how stupid they are, and i just don't speak to myself...they're just haters, that's all! ...

Lack of appreciation for a niche genre is not stupidity.
01.04.2012 - 22:59
John Shock
Quote:
Lack of appreciation for a niche genre is not stupidity.

Of course not, it's just closed mind style of life...i'm a hater of those guys!

Hits total: 3922 | This month: 11