Metal Storm logo
Mayhem

01.11.2006 - 22:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
No official Mayhem thread? Weird.

You all know the band, no need for an introduction. Discuss all Mayhem stuff here.

First, I'd like to start off with a question. Is anyone of you familiar with their live album Live In Zeitz?
I came across it lately, and was wondering if it is good. No, I am not talking about Live In Leipzig. Live In Zeitz has Dead on vocals, so I thought it would be nice to have that one, since there is not much of Dead besides Live In Leipzig and the Morbid/Mayhem split 'A Tribute To The Black Emperors'. Thank you!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.11.2006 - 22:50
Basso
Account deleted
Great band. Live in Leipzig and Mysteriis are great albums. Mysteriis being my fav. No idea about Zeits.
01.11.2006 - 23:00
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I never heard about that, neither... obviously a bootleg if you ask me, there are thousands and thousands of Mayhem bootlegs around....

And well, I had always been a Mayhem freak, during my long metalhead life... De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is THE Black Metal album, and Live In Leipzig is the darkest shit ever... I personally like everything Mayhem had released since Deathcrush, even the controversial "Grand Declaration Of War" is a masterpiece.
01.11.2006 - 23:09
Damnated
Churchburner
mayhem was one of the first bands that ever played black metal, still they sound like if they came out yesterday. I mean they sound so fresh, even today, when nothing is fresh. As far as I noticed, there aren't any followers of Mayhem, maybe garage bands. this is rather interesting, don't you think?

Live In Zeitz is defenetly a bootleg, as Dead was only on one official Mayhem album.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
01.11.2006 - 23:46
Mystic Ice
Account deleted
Live in Zeitz is a bootleg and the quality is so-so/poor. However if you know and love old Mayhem then you probably care less about quality and more about embracing what little material is left for us to enjoy. Out from the Dark is a GREAT album. Once again I warn the quality is not superb, but it's good enough. It's also probably floating around under many names. I'm not really sure where the album originally came from but ti's most certainly a bootleg too. It's a rough and raw but clear release featuring Dead. Definately studio recorded though. If this material had been mastered, mixed and produced properly the results would probably have been even better than DMDS simply because it's studio recorded with Euronymous AND Dead. Ah, the good old days.
02.11.2006 - 00:56
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I agree with Mystic Ice. 'Out From The Dark' is probably my favorite Mayhem release if I can remember correctly. I was never a big fan of this band, but they are no doubt legendary. That and 'Deathcrush.' I'm not really a big fan of any of their other material.
----
The force will be with you, always.
02.11.2006 - 09:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Ok, thanks. I already thought it would be a bootleg, butas someone stated, we all gotta embrace the little that Dead left us. But as I already own LIL and the Mayhem/Morbid split with the Morbid demo's, I'll skip on this one.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.11.2006 - 09:41
Vakshay
Account deleted
Does anyone have the original Out From the Dark LP? Live in Leipzig slays, but I'm unaware of the release you mentioned....there are some of the early demos with Dead making an appearance popping up on ebay every now and then, 'Worship Those Who Ruled' for example.
02.11.2006 - 09:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
It's a bootleg as are all of those demo's on E-Bay. But the site that sold it, said it was a 'Cult Black Metal' album. That's marketing stuff of course, but since I have heard of it more often, I thought I'd ask you guys.
----

02.11.2006 - 12:15
Vakshay
Account deleted
Where did you get your copy of the Mayhem/Morbid? The FMP reissue I'm guessing?
02.11.2006 - 12:33
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I shall check that when I get home. I got an LP copy of it, bought it in my local cd-shop.
----

02.11.2006 - 13:22
Vakshay
Account deleted
On vinyl? I wasn't aware such a version existed......
03.11.2006 - 01:53
chuckie
Account deleted
woot i can play deathcrush on guitar . Just got into these guys, gonna go pick up DMDS this weekend...
03.11.2006 - 08:20
Vakshay
Account deleted
Wow, Pure Fucking Armaggedon (first official demo) just sold for $360 USD on eBay.......

Not all the eBay demos are bootlegs, there's a few that pop up every now and the and sell for a massive price, but thats probably the most expensive metal item I've ever seen.
03.11.2006 - 09:17
Zombie, M.D.

Written by Guest on 03.11.2006 at 08:20

Wow, Pure Fucking Armaggedon (first official demo) just sold for $360 USD on eBay.......

Not all the eBay demos are bootlegs, there's a few that pop up every now and the and sell for a massive price, but thats probably the most expensive metal item I've ever seen.

I saw someone selling the original Posercorpse version of Deathcrush for around $800 USD (i think). I dont know if anyone bought it though.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
03.11.2006 - 09:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
That's just bullshit to me. I will probably never pay more than $30 for a single item. Or it must be a Behemoth demo, but that would be all.
----

03.11.2006 - 09:48
Vakshay
Account deleted
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 03.11.2006 at 09:17

Written by Guest on 03.11.2006 at 08:20

I saw someone selling the original Posercorpse version of Deathcrush for around $800 USD (i think). I dont know if anyone bought it though.

Holy shit, still I guess there are a lot of overpriced items on there that noone ever buys. Then again thats a pretty rare item.

I don't see why anyone would bid so much money just for the bragging rights though.....
03.11.2006 - 09:53
Zombie, M.D.

The most I ever paid for a piece of music was around $55 when shipping was added in, I think. That was for a copy of the Abruptum - Evil 7".

Ontopic, I really like Deathcrush by Mayhem. I used to be crazy about DMDS, and its still a good album in certain respects, but I find it rather boring nowadays.

To whoever said there are no Mayhem clones, have you not heard Frost (UK), Hell Militia or early Anaal Nathrakh?
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
03.11.2006 - 09:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Ah yes, Anaal Nathrakh sounds alike. They were very good though (still are, but not Mayhem copy anymore), I really like their Total Fucking Necro compilation.
----

03.11.2006 - 10:04
Vakshay
Account deleted
Hmm I still see his point, compared to say, bands who worship Darkthrone there aren't too many Mayhem clones (from what I've heard).
03.11.2006 - 10:09
Lucas
Mr. Noise
That's true. Darkthrone has a million followers, so has Burzum, but Mayhem has way less. It is weird.
----

03.11.2006 - 12:25
Basso
Account deleted
Mayhem is pozor sellout (sells to many cds to be good), and their singer doesnt commit suicide any longer. So they are uber sell out. Thats why they doesnt have any followers.

Other than that I would love to see Mayhem live now with Atlia Cashir back on vocals. He is without doubt THE best mayhem singer alive, maniac go die Anyone that have any info on when the new album is supposed to be out?
03.11.2006 - 14:41
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 03.11.2006 at 09:53

To whoever said there are no Mayhem clones, have you not heard Frost (UK), Hell Militia or early Anaal Nathrakh?

shure. but that is nothing compared to the gazzilion Darkthrone/Burzum clones. and I find this interesting. no, not intersting: strange
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.11.2006 - 15:28
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Come on, Mayhem no clones??? I personally find Deathcrush the first Black Metal release (probably along with Under The Sign Of The Black Mark), and would you say that nothing sounds like Deathcrush nowadays???
03.11.2006 - 16:00
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 03.11.2006 at 15:28

Come on, Mayhem no clones??? I personally find Deathcrush the first Black Metal release (probably along with Under The Sign Of The Black Mark), and would you say that nothing sounds like Deathcrush nowadays???

there are very few bands/albums that sound like the music of Deathcrush. considering the production, yes, there are tonns.
----

03.11.2006 - 16:37
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 03.11.2006 at 16:00

Written by Guest on 03.11.2006 at 15:28

there are very few bands/albums that sound like the music of Deathcrush. considering the production, yes, there are tonns.

We have a totally different perception of Black Metal, then...
03.11.2006 - 16:57
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 03.11.2006 at 16:37

I came to this conclusion a long time ago
----

03.11.2006 - 17:08
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 03.11.2006 at 16:57

Written by Guest on 03.11.2006 at 16:37

I came to this conclusion a long time ago

hehehe indeed... seems like we never will reach a fucking agreement in anything...
03.11.2006 - 17:12
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 03.11.2006 at 17:08

hehehe indeed... seems like we never will reach a fucking agreement in anything...

we both dislike MORT
----

03.11.2006 - 17:47
Southern Wind
Account deleted
hehehe but that shit is not matter of discussion... it officially sucks