Metal Storm logo
Mayhem

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 01.11.2006 - 22:30
No official Mayhem thread? Weird.

You all know the band, no need for an introduction. Discuss all Mayhem stuff here.

First, I'd like to start off with a question. Is anyone of you familiar with their live album Live In Zeitz?
I came across it lately, and was wondering if it is good. No, I am not talking about Live In Leipzig. Live In Zeitz has Dead on vocals, so I thought it would be nice to have that one, since there is not much of Dead besides Live In Leipzig and the Morbid/Mayhem split 'A Tribute To The Black Emperors'. Thank you!
10.04.2012 - 09:29
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Written by Savopipo on 07.04.2012 at 01:11

Dead is dead and that's it. He should be honoured just like Bon Scott, Phil Lynott, Jimi Hendrix and all the other assholes that made music so much better!

Mentioning him next to those 3 artists is utterly ridiculous. If you're serious, it means you have no clue about the history of music and music in genral...
10.04.2012 - 12:06
Savopipo
Written by Doc G. on 10.04.2012 at 08:44

Explain to me how he's contributed to music as much as any of those artists?

Written by Daniell on 10.04.2012 at 09:29

Mentioning him next to those 3 artists is utterly ridiculous.

I just wrote that to f**k with you. It took a while but finally there was a reaction. I don't understand this kind of discussion, to me it's like going on about you favourite colour or your favourite meal. I guess that who is important to you depends on what music you're interested in and what your musical journey looks like. Personally Dead has meant much more than the mentioned three individuals put together but that's just me and please can we quit the personal attacks on people we know nothing about?
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
10.04.2012 - 12:50
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Written by Savopipo on 10.04.2012 at 12:06

I just wrote that to f**k with you. It took a while but finally there was a reaction. I don't understand this kind of discussion, to me it's like going on about you favourite colour or your favourite meal. I guess that who is important to you depends on what music you're interested in and what your musical journey looks like. Personally Dead has meant much more than the mentioned three individuals put together but that's just me and please can we quit the personal attacks on people we know nothing about?

We have absolutely no sense of humour, obviously. If you had added that it was your own opinion, everything would've been perfectly fine
10.04.2012 - 13:52
Savopipo
Written by Daniell on 10.04.2012 at 12:50

If you had added that it was your own opinion, everything would've been perfectly fine

Yes, you're right. I should have been clearer on that.
----
10.04.2012 - 21:26
Branzig
Written by Savopipo on 10.04.2012 at 13:52

NO shit, what's your problem ass?!
----
In Grind We Crust
11.04.2012 - 02:35
Savopipo
Written by Branzig on 10.04.2012 at 21:26

NO shit, what's your problem ass?!

On the other hand you could debate that it's a discussion forum and everything you say could be considered your own opinion and that's what it's all about. On the other hand calling people "ass" is not what it's about.
----
11.04.2012 - 05:30
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Savopipo on 11.04.2012 at 02:35
On the other hand calling people "ass" is not what it's about.

If you honestly can't tell he wasn't being serious then you should take a break from the Internet and go watch some stand-up.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.04.2012 - 12:25
Savopipo
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.04.2012 at 05:30

Written by Savopipo on 11.04.2012 at 02:35
On the other hand calling people "ass" is not what it's about.

If you honestly can't tell he wasn't being serious then you should take a break from the Internet and go watch some stand-up.

I guess that's not my kind of humor and it is very hard to judge if a person is serious or not in a written comment. I've seen several times arguments because a comment was interpreted as sincere when it was just a joke or a throwaway comment. That's also the reason why I didn't get back on the poster but just made the remark I did.
----
18.01.2013 - 07:26
Guib
Thrash Talker

Written by Daniell on 10.04.2012 at 12:50

If you had added that it was your own opinion, everything would've been perfectly fine

Why do we have to be clearer on that... anything I post, anything I say should always be taken as an opinion. If I say that I like Shrimps, do I have to specify that it is my own taste ? If I think abortion should be legalized do I have to mention that its my opinion ? No cuz its fucking obvious. Unless you mentioned that what you said was fact, everything should be taken like an opinion. Im tired of having to fucking specify this shit all the time. Its useless and everyone fucking knows it was an opinion since you believe otherwise when asking us to specify. I don't have to reassure every idiot who can't understand when I'm talking opinions.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
21.01.2013 - 02:32
squidrick420
My 2 cents on the whole dead argument about his contribution to music. His influence was not as much musical as it was towards the emerging black metal scene, dead started the corpse paint and lived the life of the music he wrote; and ended it in a fashion that suited his lifestyle. As for musical contribution, his music with morbid was the best, the december moon ep is a masterpiece and should be listened to by everyone on this thread who has never heard it.
21.01.2013 - 02:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by squidrick420 on 21.01.2013 at 02:32

dead started the corpse paint ...

nope, corpsepaint was used long before Dead started using it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.01.2013 - 02:40
squidrick420
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.01.2013 at 02:35

Written by squidrick420 on 21.01.2013 at 02:32

dead started the corpse paint ...

nope, corpsepaint was used long before Dead started using it.

i kinda said that wrong, he was the first one to try and look like a corpse. i know face paint goes back to people like king diamond, kiss, and a few others; i meant that dead was one of the originals when it came to the black metal style of corpse paint.
21.01.2013 - 03:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by squidrick420 on 21.01.2013 at 02:40

i kinda said that wrong, he was the first one to try and look like a corpse. i know face paint goes back to people like king diamond, kiss, and a few others; i meant that dead was one of the originals when it came to the black metal style of corpse paint.

Alice Cooper already had that sort of corpsepaint trying to look like a corpse in the Seventies and that's what clearly influenced Dead. Also Sarcofago were a bit earlier with the same intentional corpsepaint.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.01.2013 - 03:23
squidrick420
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.01.2013 at 03:17

Alice Cooper already had that sort of corpsepaint trying to look like a corpse in the Seventies and that's what clearly influenced Dead. Also Sarcofago were a bit earlier with the same intentional corpsepaint.

This is true, however the difference lies in their reasoning for the corpsepaint; Alice Cooper used it as a show image while dead used it because he truly wanted to be dead and he painted himself as a reflection of his internal feelings and not necessarily to develop a stage persona. Dead also buried his clothes for months at a time so they would be half rotten, and before shows he huffed the fumes of a bag with a dead rat in it. Anyways enough arguing about corpsepaint, i dont use it so i dont know a whole lot of it's history.
ohhh and Sarcofago is badass \m/
21.01.2013 - 14:29
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by squidrick420 on 21.01.2013 at 03:23

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.01.2013 at 03:17

This is true, however the difference lies in their reasoning for the corpsepaint; Alice Cooper used it as a show image while dead used it because he truly wanted to be dead and he painted himself as a reflection of his internal feelings and not necessarily to develop a stage persona. Dead also buried his clothes for months at a time so they would be half rotten, and before shows he huffed the fumes of a bag with a dead rat in it. Anyways enough arguing about corpsepaint, i dont use it so i dont know a whole lot of it's history.
ohhh and Sarcofago is badass \m/

Correct, Alice Cooper etc. did the make up for the show. Dead really wanted to BE, well, dead xD
28.01.2013 - 00:30
ajk70
Dead, Maniac or Attila?...preference or favorite?

I like all 3
29.01.2013 - 04:57
mojo
I used to correspond with Dead when I was 16 or so, he sent me a copy of the Deathcrush demo and I must admit I was in awe of the thing. My other favourite band at the time was Helloween, whatever. He was very weird and completely obsessed with Satan and evil magic, and then his letters stopped. I wasn't massively surprised when I heard why. The thing they did with his skull afterwards was pretty fucked up, poor bastard.
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?
04.02.2013 - 01:14
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by mojo on 29.01.2013 at 04:57

I used to correspond with Dead when I was 16 or so, he sent me a copy of the Deathcrush demo,

I am so jealous.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
05.02.2013 - 15:33
mojo
Written by Boxcar Willy on 04.02.2013 at 01:14

I used to correspond with Dead when I was 16 or so, he sent me a copy of the Deathcrush demo,

I am so jealous.

Haha, be jealous of my grey hair and fucked-up knees too then!

This was a long time ago, before the internets existed (it's fucking EASY to chat to musicians and bands I like now), and we had to send letters to each other. With stamps on!

I used to correspond with quite a few musicians and metalheads around the world, partly because I and a few friends used to produce a metal / punk fanzine and I used to write off to interview people. Dead was one of the guys who kept writing back, and he used to begin his letters with "In Nomine Sathanas..."

I wish I still had them, my dad burned them when he sold his house and disappeared a few years ago.
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?
02.11.2013 - 01:45
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

I used to correspond with Dead when I was 16 or so, he sent me a copy of the Deathcrush demo and I must admit I was in awe of the thing. My other favourite band at the time was Helloween, whatever. He was very weird and completely obsessed with Satan and evil magic, and then his letters stopped. I wasn't massively surprised when I heard why. The thing they did with his skull afterwards was pretty fucked up, poor bastard.

I personally prefer Attila. Because his vocal style is somehow different from the others, I don't know, sometimes it's like it isn't gutural at all... Are there more bm bands with similar vocals?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
17.11.2013 - 03:50
DyingWorld
Although I enjoy Attila's unique style, I kinda wish Dead sang on DMDS, save for the title track. Not to say Attilla did a bad job but the album would've been slightly better with Dead.
18.02.2014 - 17:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't know about you guys, but for me this suddenly came from nowhere.
----
18.02.2014 - 17:16
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^Sounds a bit like Aborym. I'm liking the style. I guess I'll like the next release.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.02.2014 - 17:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Goddammit no matter what I do I keep getting "this video is not available". Similar messages on other sites I've been to, although they're all Russian and Swedish so they could be saying anything.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.02.2014 - 17:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Where the hell did this come from? Sounds a combo of Ordo ad Chao and their more conventional stuff. Not bad at all.
18.02.2014 - 18:06
InnerSelf
proofread free
I really like it, the second half is monstrous.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
18.02.2014 - 18:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 18.02.2014 at 17:21

Sounds a combo of Ordo ad Chao and their more conventional stuff. Not bad at all.

Agreed. Not bad at all, but still not sure about the style. I was a big fan of Ordo ad Chao, so I don't know yet if I wan't more of that or something like this. I'll have to wait and hear more.
----
18.02.2014 - 18:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 18.02.2014 at 18:07

Agreed. Not bad at all, but still not sure about the style. I was a big fan of Ordo ad Chao, so I don't know yet if I wan't more of that or something like this. I'll have to wait and hear more.

Well it seems we're getting an EP and a full length this year so hopefully it'll be a bit of both
18.02.2014 - 18:11
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
My mistake, this is from the album.
22.01.2019 - 11:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
According to facebook, Norwegians are working on new album.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing