Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Ohio Show Moved To New Venue Due To Conflicting Religious Beliefs

Polish death metallers Behemoth, along with Watain, The Devil's Blood, and In Solitude, are now booted out of the first date in The Decibel Magazine Tour in Columbus, Ohio, due to religious conflict with the venue owners of The Brewmaster's Gate, where they were going to play.

Behemoth frontman, Nergal, commented on the situation: "Wow, big motherfuckin' WOW! We are facing a legendary moment: Amerika, the land of the free, is banning Behemoth coz of religious beliefs. The madness starts in Ohio, but of korz we r playing anyway. Nothing can stop us now. God, please save me from this freedom..."

The organizers for the tour also stated: "The highly anticipated inaugural Decibel Magazine tour kicks off in a mere eight days in Columbus, OH. It wasn't too late, however, for the venue owners to prohibit the bands from appearing at The Brewmaster's Gate. Behemoth, Watain, The Devil's Blood, and In Solitude are being forbidden from playing at the venue because of religious conflicts with the venue owners. These bands are no strangers to this type of treatment, and a new venue has already been confirmed. The Columbus, OH, show will now be at Al Rosa. Tickets for this show are still available and can be purchased here."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Event: Behemoth + Watain: The Decibel Magazine Tour 2012
Posted: 04.04.2012 by Rog-Mothoth

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 49   Visited by: 263 users
05.04.2012 - 19:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.04.2012 at 19:46
especially extreme metal bands...

Just one out of the three mentioned is extreme metal though But yeah, I think The Devil's Blood was quite a tip.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.04.2012 - 20:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.04.2012 at 19:51

Written by Angelic Storm on 05.04.2012 at 19:46
especially extreme metal bands...

Just one out of the three mentioned is extreme metal though But yeah, I think The Devil's Blood was quite a tip.

One out of three? Two out of four you mean
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.04.2012 - 20:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Aren't all 4 bands extreme metal though? I haven't heard In Solitude, so I dunno about them... With a name like "The Devil's Blood", surely they are extreme metal? lol
05.04.2012 - 20:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.04.2012 at 20:14

Aren't all 4 bands extreme metal though? I haven't heard In Solitude, so I dunno about them... With a name like "The Devil's Blood", surely they are extreme metal? lol

In Solitude are old school metal with quite a wink to Mercyful Fate and The Devil's Blood is retro 70s hard rock with a lot of psychedlic influences in it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.04.2012 - 21:33
Slayer666

Satan has been defeated this day. A sad one indeed....
05.04.2012 - 21:52
Nergal Is God
Account deleted
And that's why you avoid Columbus, and come up to Cleveland!
05.04.2012 - 22:26
mferrariv

I have read most of the comments and would like to add: I'm from Mexico and most of you probably know the Pope came here and the Vatican is very fond of the country, however bands like Behemoth are welcome to play and have a lot of fans. Like someone wrote: if you don't have the same religion as me in Ohio, go away!! Sad....
05.04.2012 - 22:51
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.04.2012 at 20:21
In Solitude are old school metal with quite a wink to Mercyful Fate and The Devil's Blood is retro 70s hard rock with a lot of psychedlic influences in it.

Okay, that isn't extreme at all... hehe
05.04.2012 - 22:59
Mad Architect

Having traveled through Ohio many times, I can certainly attest to it's religious prejudice as a state- just as bad as anywhere in the midwest but not quite as bad as the deep south. I like to look at these types of situations from every angle before I make my opinion, and the venue owner is the one that deserves the flame here for two reasons. One, because he's stupid enough to cancel what would very likely be a sold-out show (Behemoth's first US tour since Nergal's recovery.....Hello?!?!?) based on his religious beliefs. Two, because I believe he's doing a "bad" deed by preventing the spread of an idea different than his own. I support his legal RIGHT to cancel it, but not on the premise of which he did. To shut someone's opinions out is sheer ignorance, which is why I have a problem with every religion. ESPECIALLY judeo-christian ones. Besides...with all the scientific advancement of our race up to this point....how can any logical person still believe in a half-god zombie with seemingly infinite holes in the texts?

As an atheist, I'd gladly let a christian band play at my venue. However, good luck defending your beliefs after I talk to you after the show.
06.04.2012 - 17:12
Igeldude

Never been much of a fan, but because of this I think I'll have to attend now. Behemoth can thank the religious nuts for the publicity.
06.04.2012 - 23:58
Butters49

Fuck religion...

and america, lol.
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
07.04.2012 - 14:28
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
If Behemoth wasn't involved, would anyone care?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
07.04.2012 - 15:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by M C Vice on 07.04.2012 at 14:28

I would, because Watain.

I'm sure other people care about the other bands too. Personally I'm more interested in Watain than Behemoth.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.04.2012 - 04:14
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.04.2012 at 15:29

Written by M C Vice on 07.04.2012 at 14:28

I would, because Watain.

I'm sure other people care about the other bands too. Personally I'm more interested in Watain than Behemoth.

OK, but it wouldn't be as big a story without Behemoth. Put the words "Behemoth" and "religion" in the same story and suddeny it becomes a big deal. No Nergal, half the comments wouldn't be here.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
08.04.2012 - 04:25
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Butters49 on 06.04.2012 at 23:58

Fuck religion...

and america, lol.

and fuck you too.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
08.04.2012 - 04:41
@gent_-_orange

Written by Butters49 on 06.04.2012 at 23:58

Fuck religion...

and america, lol.

Its hardly the entire of the USA's fault that one club owner won't let Anti Christian bands play in his venue.
08.04.2012 - 10:52
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
It's a great journey to this post yet.

Nergal.....Anti Religion....pro religion...and then America.

I wonder why Nergal never came to India and talk about anti-religion stuff? if it's happened...then it gonna be great to see that.
18.04.2012 - 05:46
ChibiDemigod

To hell with religious fanatics face chicken, Hail Behemoth.
20.04.2012 - 07:33
Reverend X

Things like this only promotes the band and not the opposite.

Hits total: 4278 | This month: 8