Metal Storm logo
Fav song on 'A Twist In The Myth' (Blind Guardian)

Poll

your favourite song is...

Otherland
Another Stranger Me
Skalds And Shadows
Fly
This Will Never End
Lionheart
Straight Through the Mirror
The Edge
Carry The Blessed Home

Total votes: 105
02.11.2006 - 06:47
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Well i had to leave three songs out, and i believe the weakest 3 are Turn The Page, The New Order and Dead Sound Of Misery, i apologise if of the them was your choice.

Im not just posting this poll for the sake of it, its really interesting how many people have different favourites on the album, i was curious which would actually win.

My favourite is 'Carry The Blessed Home', followed by 'Skalds And Shadows' and 'Straight Through the Mirror'.

EDIT: For some reason the poll rearranged the songs, sorry about that, i typed them in order...
02.11.2006 - 14:10
Baz Anderson

well 'Turn The Page' happens to be my favorite - so i cant vote now..
i wasnt hugely impressed with this album at all really, although i do still think its good
i just think there are so many better Blind Guardian albums

'Turn The Page' just attracted my attention most from the album, so that is my favorite
03.11.2006 - 01:19
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Easily "Fly." I still haven't been able to warm up to this album like I should. However, I will indeed give it much more time.
----
The force will be with you, always.
03.11.2006 - 02:15
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I feel it is one of their weaker efforts too, but still a great album, i rate it around 7.5/10. I dont like the modern elements at all really, especially in Fly and The Edge. I like the softer songs better on this album.

@Baz: Sorry man, i knew that would happen lol....
03.11.2006 - 04:47
Endoftherainbow

My favorite song from this album was Skalds And Shadows it was the only song on this album that really stands out to me. Overall I think the album isn't that great I'd give it about a 6/10 but there are some good riffs on the album I just don't really like the style of the songs it's missing the alot of the signature Blind Guardian sound. This is probably why I like Skalds And Shadows best because it's closest to the old stuff IMO.
04.11.2006 - 07:31
Susan
Smeghead
Damn you Dark Cornatus! Dead Sound of Misery was my choice

Not a problem since all songs on this release are brilliant. This is my album of the year without any doubt and probably one of the best albums I've heard in years My soul was literally waiting for this music.

I'm tempted to vote for Another Stranger Me but I think I'll wait until the album has had even more time to sink in
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
06.11.2006 - 00:42
Stigmatized
Lionheart is the only one that has really hit me so far, so it gets my vote. The others are good, but left me wanting more.
06.11.2006 - 01:39
danzig111
Account deleted
Yeah it is one of their weaker efforts.....it's still okay though. The only song on there what really captures my attention is most definately "Skalds And Shadows"! That is the standout song for me
10.11.2006 - 05:47
Lorien
Account deleted
Another Stranger Me
great song, and video too
11.11.2006 - 07:19
Hyvaarin

Voted 'Otherland' - the intro ('they rule the land, they're in command...') and the chorus are the best parts of the new album, I think.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
12.11.2006 - 19:50
Judas
The Amputator
Yeah, 'Otherland' gets my vote too. That song could fit on any post-Imaginations from the Other Side album. Classic BG, and the only time on the new album when they're truly at their best.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
14.11.2006 - 00:25
Dam3k

Definetely, Fly^^ I love the rythms and percussion after the chorus... soo catchy and rythmic^^ it's normal it appeared on the top 100 of germans charts
----

15.11.2006 - 09:44
Valar
IndianSteel
Otherland followed by Skalds And Shadows.
Both are reminiscent of there earlier albums and are wonderful....
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
15.11.2006 - 12:45
Golden Wing

I voted for Skalds And Shadows. I heard this song before album was released and I liked it already then. It really differs from other songs, and it reminds me a bit A Past And Future Secret. When I listen this song (Skalds...) i get a great pleasure from Hansi voice, atmosphere of this song and it's simplicity
The rest songs are okay too.. Except for Fly.. I just didn't get it..
15.11.2006 - 22:21
Devil Child
Account deleted
First of all, I think this album is a disapointment compared to the greats Imaginations and Nightfall but it's still a quality power metal release, except for some few fillers songs, so there is my favourites songs in
"A Twist In The Myth"

3-Turn The Page
2-Another Stranger Me
1-And my vote goes to "Otherland" for the best song in the album.

But why all songs aren't in the poll
22.11.2006 - 00:49
simonitro
Account deleted
I voted for Another Stranger Me!

It's one hell of a fast song that made me fly out of the window when I first heard the first parts of the intro. (This is not the only time this had happened to me)

2. Turn The Page
3. Otherland
4. This Will Never End
5. Straight Through The Mirror

The weakest song is Carry The Blessed Home, it's not horrible but I hate ballads as general! The heacy stuff of the album are fucking amazing.

This album in general is amazing. One of the best BG albums... and yes, I do have Blind Guardian experiance because they are my favorite band ever!
06.12.2006 - 06:59
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
It's a toss up (for me) between Otherland, Lionheart and Fly.
It took me a while to enjoy Fly but i guess that was the same for everyone.
24.02.2007 - 09:28
Danny Thomas

before i saw them in concert i would have said it was fly, but after i saw them it sinpired me to really buckle down and listen to the nww album, and i think another stranger me is my favorite, but i will always love fly.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
24.02.2007 - 19:17
baldur

Written by Danny Thomas on 24.02.2007 at 09:28

before i saw them in concert i would have said it was fly, but after i saw them it sinpired me to really buckle down and listen to the nww album, and i think another stranger me is my favorite, but i will always love fly.

yeah fly is unbelivable great but actually the whole album is gorcious!!!!!
24.02.2007 - 20:47
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I believe my favourite song is the Otherland because of the wonderful lead guitars and the great solo
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
26.02.2007 - 00:19
DeathMuffin

For me, the chorus of Otherland was one of the highlights of the album, but Lionheart comes close. I'll always remember Lionheart as the song that broke my old stereo - "I'm in search of the Liiiii-o-o-ooo...*kaboom*..."
27.02.2007 - 21:49
Daru Jericho

'Fly' because it has grown on me a lot and I still listen to it as it's on my iPod. So catchy...'Otherland' is good as well as 'Lionheart'. At first I didn't like 'Another Stranger Me' but once again repeated listenings has coerced me into enjoying it and I occassionally find myself humming it.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

01.03.2007 - 04:53
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
hmmm well now that I think of it 'Turn The Page' is easily the best heavy song on there, yet it isn't featured in the poll

I think this album is like Red Wine, the taste is very aquired but after a while it really grows on you!
18.03.2007 - 20:34
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
I voted for Carry the Blessed Home, I guess I like it because it's softer then some of those other songs and I love the lyrics.
22.03.2007 - 14:05
FrOsTmOuRnE 0_o
Account deleted
i voted for Another Stranger Me its sooooo catchy
29.03.2007 - 13:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
After long time I listen this album, and well what can I say, I dunno, ist not Blind Guardian anymore, only Hans voice remainds me about pats, but I dont like it, I dunno why nut if I shood choose songs well iMo all are simmilar there are no such songs who can kick ass, ok old BG wa sto, but all album was good, but I like more 2 songs of Fly single, realy like them

'Skalds and Shadows (Acoustic Version)' and 'In A Gadda Da Vida' because it remaind sme those stories about Bards but I also like song Fly and Another Stranger Me, so hard choose and I vont vote
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.03.2007 - 14:32
PM
Hail Lusitânia
Turn the Page is my fav too...

----
PM is a pink elephant, and can be found at the bamboo forests of Greenland...
01.04.2007 - 00:03
necrovamp

I think turn the page os the best, mainly because it's the song that tuned me in to blind guardian, id heard nothing like it before, its almost pop but at the smae time its soo metal. One problem though, you haven't included it so I can't vote!
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
29.06.2007 - 21:41
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
" This Will Never End ", this song 'breathe' pure Germain Power Metal.

Other great songs of this album :
2. Straight Through the Mirror
3. Skalds And Shadows
4. Otherland
5. The Edge
29.06.2007 - 21:55
Imraghil

best song: this will never end. The guitar solo is ruling!