Metal Storm logo
Kreator - Release New Single Trailer

German thrashers Kreator have unveiled a trailer for their forthcoming new single Phantom Antichrist. The single, which is released on April 20th, will be available on 7" coloured vinyl (already sold out), and as a digital download. The trailer can be viewed below.

The single is the title track from Kreator's upcoming new studio album Phantom Antichrist, set for release on June 1st in Europe and June 5th in North America through Nuclear Blast. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kreator
Posted: 07.04.2012 by Angelic Storm

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 166 users
07.04.2012 - 16:03
.Nick

Can't really say that much based on 10 seconds of the song. It has the Kreator sound, but I need to hear more.
07.04.2012 - 16:18
Kamil
Account deleted
Yes
It sounds like candidate for the best thrash metal album of the year and the best Kreator riffs ever
07.04.2012 - 16:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Candidate for thrash metal album of the year based on a 49-second preview.

Good joke.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.04.2012 - 17:05
Kamil
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.04.2012 at 16:56

Candidate for thrash metal album of the year based on a 49-second preview.

Good joke.

I am just excited, that I can finally hear anything from upcomming stuff
07.04.2012 - 17:25
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
Can't wait...
----
Chef Metal Head
07.04.2012 - 17:57
Void Eater
Account deleted
If it's already sold out, why are they advertising it? Still mega stoked for the album.
07.04.2012 - 18:04
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 07.04.2012 at 17:57

If it's already sold out, why are they advertising it? Still mega stoked for the album.

It's only the limited edition coloured vinyl that's sold out. The single is also going to be available as a digital download from places like iTunes, and Amazon.
07.04.2012 - 18:07
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 07.04.2012 at 18:04

It's only the limited edition coloured vinyl that's sold out. The single is also going to be available as a digital download from places like iTunes, and Amazon.

Singles are pointless. I will wait for the album (that I will buy as soon as it is released).
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
07.04.2012 - 18:17
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 07.04.2012 at 18:07
Singles are pointless. I will wait for the album (that I will buy as soon as it is released).

That is largely true, but I'm very interested to hear Kreator's cover of "Number Of The Beast" which is also on the single, but won't be on the album.
07.04.2012 - 19:08
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 07.04.2012 at 18:17

That is largely true, but I'm very interested to hear Kreator's cover of "Number Of The Beast" which is also on the single, but won't be on the album.

I wonder if they will simply replicate the original or play it in a faster and more aggressive way.
Anyway, even if they simply replicate the original, with Mille on vocals instead of Bruce Dickinson, it will already sound sharper, I guess.
----
07.04.2012 - 20:48
wweisjericho2217

This is the most anticipated album of the year for me. Can't wait. So far album of the year for me is Overkill's new one but I hope this doesn't disappoint.
08.04.2012 - 01:53
Daniell
_爱情_
I wonder what is the point of letting people hear 10 seconds of music. To piss them off? They pissed me off at least.
08.04.2012 - 02:39
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Daniell on 08.04.2012 at 01:53

I wonder what is the point of letting people hear 10 seconds of music. To piss them off? They pissed me off at least.

I can't find any other reason for doing that...

I just want the cd and see what they've done this time.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
08.04.2012 - 11:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 07.04.2012 at 19:08
I wonder if they will simply replicate the original or play it in a faster and more aggressive way.
Anyway, even if they simply replicate the original, with Mille on vocals instead of Bruce Dickinson, it will already sound sharper, I guess.

I really hope they do play it in a faster, more aggressive way. I don't like covers and see them as totally pointless if they are too much like the original. I like it when bands keep the esscence of the original and what made it a great song in the first place, but stamp their own mark on it and make it their own. Hopefully they'll make it more Kreator-like, and inject more venom into it!
08.04.2012 - 13:59
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Sounds good so far.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
08.04.2012 - 16:56
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 08.04.2012 at 11:44

Written by RavenKing on 07.04.2012 at 19:08

I really hope they do play it in a faster, more aggressive way. I don't like covers and see them as totally pointless if they are too much like the original. I like it when bands keep the esscence of the original and what made it a great song in the first place, but stamp their own mark on it and make it their own. Hopefully they'll make it more Kreator-like, and inject more venom into it!

Totally agreed.
----
10.04.2012 - 06:36
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Let the album drops in.
21.04.2012 - 16:06
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.04.2012 at 18:17

Written by RavenKing on 07.04.2012 at 18:07

----
Chef Metal Head
21.04.2012 - 16:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^^^ Hmm... that song is better than 90% of what was on the last album, so I'm definitely hopeful of a better album this time out. A very good song to be sure!

Hits total: 3526 | This month: 7