Metal Storm logo
Top 15 US Black Metal Albums

This is a list of my favorite black metal albums from the States (in order).

Created by: Bad Taste | 03.11.2011

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Bad Taste ]

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 41   Visited by: 112 users
23.04.2012 - 22:24
Oaken
Hipster
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.04.2012 at 22:22

Written by Oaken on 23.04.2012 at 22:18

Thanks for clearing it out.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it. It's such a masterpiece of pitch black tranquility. Sometimes it's almost too calm if you know what I mean... Like you feel something behind you all the time, just watching.
Also, that album has in my humble opinion the best bass any BM album could ever have.

I'll start listening VERY SOON.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
23.04.2012 - 22:35
Oaken
Hipster

Also, that album has in my humble opinion the best bass any BM album could ever have.

There is a contender.
Nagelfar's Srontgorrth.
----
23.04.2012 - 22:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Oaken on 23.04.2012 at 22:35

There is a contender.
Nagelfar's Srontgorrth.

Nah, not really... That album (a wonderful album btw) doesn't focus on bass nearly ass much as LoC considering that Nagelfar's main feature are their great synths and riff melody. The bass sound is dirtier and less warm. The bass in LoC on the other hand gets full focus even thought sometimes it's in the very background yet it always gets you with an extremely warm sound that just flows through your veins with it's highly hypnotic touch. LoC wouldn't be as much as the masterpiece that it is if it weren't for such bassy, pulsing and warm sound.

Or once again, Lucas said it best:

Quote:
No matter how eerie the riff, no matter how touching the acoustic guitar, no matter how hollow and desperate the vocals, no matter how estranging the samples or how subtly saddening the keyboard, the bass wins. Its thrusting power yet gentle touch, its pushing force yet warm and smooth charm. The bass is brilliant. He'll make your warm blood slowly creep through your veins and have you shiver of such strange, yet blissful feelings.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.04.2012 - 23:01
Oaken
Hipster
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.04.2012 at 22:52

Written by Oaken on 23.04.2012 at 22:35

There is a contender.
Nagelfar's Srontgorrth.

Nah, not really... That album (a wonderful album btw) doesn't focus on bass nearly ass much as LoC considering that Nagelfar's main feature are their great synths and riff melody. The bass sound is dirtier and less warm. The bass in LoC on the other hand gets full focus even thought sometimes it's in the very background yet it always gets you with an extremely warm sound that just flows through your veins with it's highly hypnotic touch. LoC wouldn't be as much as the masterpiece that it is if it weren't for such bassy, pulsing and warm sound.

Or once again, Lucas said it best:

Quote:
No matter how eerie the riff, no matter how touching the acoustic guitar, no matter how hollow and desperate the vocals, no matter how estranging the samples or how subtly saddening the keyboard, the bass wins. Its thrusting power yet gentle touch, its pushing force yet warm and smooth charm. The bass is brilliant. He'll make your warm blood slowly creep through your veins and have you shiver of such strange, yet blissful feelings.

You may be right, but I've never heard anything like that tremolo-picked bass line in "Kapitel Eins", the one that precedes the first fast riff (Which also owns).
----
23.04.2012 - 23:07
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Oaken on 23.04.2012 at 23:01

You may be right, but I've never heard anything like that tremolo-picked bass line in "Kapitel Eins", the one that precedes the first fast riff (Which also owns).

Well, I personally don't find it that unique, great bass though. You have to take notice that it's not necessarily about how unique the sound is but how much it enhances the music which is something that LoC was clearly among the very best at working on since it's the foundation of the album's overall unique sound, this last part can't be said about Nagelfar which foundations were very different.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.04.2012 - 23:09
Oaken
Hipster
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.04.2012 at 23:07

Written by Oaken on 23.04.2012 at 23:01

Well, I personally don't find it that unique, great bass though. You have to take notice that it's not necessarily about how unique the sound is but how much it enhances the music which is something that LoC was clearly among the very best at working on since it's the foundation of the album's overall unique sound, this last part can't be said about Nagelfar which foundations were very different.

Just listening to LoC and I have to say I agree about the bass.
----
24.04.2012 - 01:18
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Guest on 23.04.2012 at 21:09

I wouldn't recommend them to someone wanting anything melodic ;]

I think Doctor was meaning it might fit my post/sludge/atmo phase I am in right now...would it?
----
rekt
24.04.2012 - 01:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by tea[m]ster on 24.04.2012 at 01:18

I think Doctor was meaning it might fit my post/sludge/atmo phase I am in right now...would it?

Well Gin has moments of post-rock/metal in it but it's still more black metal than post. Could be worth a shot though.
24.04.2012 - 01:21
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.04.2012 at 01:34

Deafheaven.

OMG, I was checking out a post/atmo list on another site (so sue me ) and Deafheaven - Roads To Judah is a rec! I will check it out Troy, thanks!
----
rekt
24.04.2012 - 01:22
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Guest on 24.04.2012 at 01:19

Well Gin has moments of post-rock/metal in it but it's still more black metal than post. Could be worth a shot though.

Thanks Joey, I am on it.
----
rekt
24.04.2012 - 04:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by tea[m]ster on 24.04.2012 at 01:21
OMG, I was checking out a post/atmo list on another site (so sue me ) and Deafheaven - Roads To Judah is a rec! I will check it out Troy, thanks!

As if my review wasn't enough, you need an external list to convince you? For shame.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 3765 | This month: 16