Metal Storm logo
Iced Earth - New DVD In The Works, Bassist Leaves The Band

US heavy metallers Iced Earth, currently in China for the first time with shows in Shanghai and Beijing this week, are adding on more shows to their massive World Dystopia Tour. The show in Bangalore, India, on June 16th is a first visit to India for the band and the show on August 19th in Limassol marks a much-clamored return to Cyprus, only 8 months after their last show there. The show is being filmed and recorded for an upcoming DVD/CD release.

Jon Schaffer commented: "The decision of where to do the next IE live album and DVD was not an easy one. We have experienced so many amazing audiences around the world that we really wish we could film them all. However, the electricity and atmosphere of the first show in Cyprus was so killer that we are convinced this is the best place to do our next DVD. Who knows what the future holds? There will be many more albums and touring cycles... your city may be next!"

Full show details as follows:

June 16th - IND - Bangalore, Bangalore Open Air
August 19th - CYP - Limassol, Kourion

In other news, bass player Freddie Vidales has announced he will leave the band after the Chinese shows this April. Due to the bands massive touring commitments there was immediate need for a replacement and Luke Appleton (of Fury UK, with whom Iced Earth toured in Europe last winter) has stepped up to the plate and will be joining the tour in time for the show in India.

Source: icedearth.com
Band profile: Iced Earth
Posted: 11.04.2012 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 152 users
11.04.2012 - 22:43
MarioVillalobos

I don´t have finnish to pay the last dvd ><, but well i have to buy this one to
11.04.2012 - 22:48
Joppe
Steelemeister
Alive in Athens was great DVD, dunno if there's need to see another one from them.
----
My vision is augmented
12.04.2012 - 00:43
Liquid

I was really hoping for a live document from this line up. Unlike most live releases, there isn't much added to the studio versions... but Stu adds a lot. To everything. His Damien was just utterly beastly. If they get a good setlist (read: not THAT much Dystopia), I can see this being one of the few live releases or even DVDs that I spring for.

Sad about Freddie, though. The guy's a monster, and pretty much the only match for Stu up there when it comes to actual energy on the stage. Jon's awesome and all... but he's not so wild.
12.04.2012 - 05:20
Mongoose2557
Account deleted
It will be nice to see how Stu does live. The only live stuff you can find is crappy iPhone videos. Some produced live stuff with Stu will be nice to see.
12.04.2012 - 18:16
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Liquid on 12.04.2012 at 00:43

I was really hoping for a live document from this line up. Unlike most live releases, there isn't much added to the studio versions... but Stu adds a lot. To everything. His Damien was just utterly beastly. If they get a good setlist (read: not THAT much Dystopia), I can see this being one of the few live releases or even DVDs that I spring for.

Sad about Freddie, though. The guy's a monster, and pretty much the only match for Stu up there when it comes to actual energy on the stage. Jon's awesome and all... but he's not so wild.

I agree with Stu and Damien. The setlist was odd i found, especially with Dystopia, though i knew they would play the songs Dystopia and Anthem (i don't like that song much... boring as). But V and Days of Rage? I thought they were kind of filler? I would have liked Dystopia (a good opener), Anguish of Youth and a shortened Dark City.

They also played Declaration Day and Burning Times, which could have been subbed for better songs.

Key songs they missed for me are: Melancholy, Stormrider, Travel in Stygian, Dracula and Greenface (for the live aspect, i know it's not one of their best).

Hits total: 3689 | This month: 5