Metal Storm logo
Dream Evil

03.11.2006 - 14:14
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Only made this thread as they have a new album out, United, has anybody heard it yet?

After a rudimentary listen through, it sounds like some good old Dream Evil, nothing really special then, but it is quite fun. There's an incredibly weird talking bit in Doomlord, and there's nothing extraordinary, but then again, they never have. The lyrical 'genius' of Dragonslayer and Book of Heavy Metal isn't as apparant either, though. They know what they're doing this time too.

And the eurovision cover song that's the last on the album...I don't know if it's hilarious and awesome or a fucking disgrace. Whatever, it's all in good humour.
04.11.2006 - 01:11
Susan
Smeghead
elite
Dragonslayer, their debut, is one of my favourite heavy metal albums of all time. The second 2 albums didn't impress me nearly as much but I'm still looking forward to hearing the new album. These guys are super talented and even when they don't top themselves it's still fun to listen to. The 7th Day and H.M.J. are my favourite songs and Gus G makes (made) me want to learn the guitar
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
04.11.2006 - 01:18
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Dream Evil is really good, they really help to bring back the sound of Traditional Heavy/Power metal. I havn't heard as much by them as I'd like to have, but all of their Albums are on my C.D. List.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
04.11.2006 - 01:31
danzig111
Account deleted
Damn good band! wow! their music is soooo much fun to listen to! Not many bands are this catchy, seriously. Their music is a tad simplistic and very cheesy but man they are so good! I've ehard the new promo and wow, i love it! The replacements sound the same as the departed members though lol. They're like the only Metal band I've ever seen where the members actually don't have long hair (how weird).....

TRUE METAL FOREVER!
05.11.2006 - 02:29
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I love Dragonslayer, no doubt about that, a true gem of an album, Evilized is a bit meh, while Book of Heavy Metal survives on some brilliant lyrics...United...I dunno, it's more of the same, which is great, but it's not great, as it's more of the same...maybe I've finally outgrown them? :<
06.11.2006 - 02:38
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 05.11.2006 at 02:29

I love Dragonslayer, no doubt about that, a true gem of an album, Evilized is a bit meh, while Book of Heavy Metal survives on some brilliant lyrics...United...I dunno, it's more of the same, which is great, but it's not great, as it's more of the same...maybe I've finally outgrown them? :<

Weren't you just sort of commedning them days back
06.11.2006 - 14:35
FOOCK Nam
Havent listened to Unite. But the title is cool enough. I love best the song The Book Of Heavy Metal, its lyric is so brilliant, and the melody is damn nice like old traditional school metal, I have listened to some other songs but they dont appeal me. I like their heavy metal more then their power metal. I hope they have many songs that are similar to The Book Of Heavy Metal. Dream Evil is such a awesome band.
06.11.2006 - 19:35
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.11.2006 at 02:38

Written by Guest on 05.11.2006 at 02:29

Weren't you just sort of commedning them days back

And now I've listened to it a little more and I have to say, stick with Dragonslayer and Book of Heavy Metal unless if you're a real fan.
06.11.2006 - 23:04
danzig111
Account deleted
Hmmm well, i haven't heard much of the new album, however, I love the promotional song. I really hope the new album is better than what you say, Vidrageon.
07.11.2006 - 01:28
Vidrageon
Account deleted
@danzig111: You're right, I'm being a bit too harsh, but I guess it's because I had pretty high expectations.
07.11.2006 - 02:59
danzig111
Account deleted
expectations? dude Dream Evil always write under the same principles......

But like with me, Blind Guardian's latest effort was boring and it wasn't until literally 2 days ago that it started growing on me. Oh and don't get me started on Hammerfall! lol, they always release soemthign different from the last release and I for one am always disappointed at first listen but end up really liking it after a while.........So maybe the new Dream Evil is a very aquired taste for you
07.11.2006 - 03:22
Metalguaska
Dream Evil's new cd it's quite good actually, obviously isn't as good as Dragonslayer, but i guess Dream Evil preferred safetyness and released a mainly similar record to their previous ones, it's very a very catchy cd, easy to listen to, Fire! Battle! In Metal!! it's a very good song and My Number One, i believe it's the five legged sheep, kinda awkward song, but not bad...
----
Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea
07.11.2006 - 10:23
Roblar
Account deleted
I think that the new album is pretty good actually. Its not as good as The book of heavy metal is but its definetly a good album. The song My Number One thats a eurovision cover is really cool song, its actually one of my favourites on the United album :> Then there is Doomlord with the weird talking part about Doomlords thats pretty funny actually..
08.11.2006 - 01:17
Vidrageon
Account deleted
It's growing on me slowly, but the stupid talky bit of Doomlord (which Roblar liked) and the ... My number one...joke, insult or attempt to metalify it? I still don't like it. But Fire! Battle! In metal! is really quite fun, and while most of it is standard fare as everybody has said, it is quite enjoyable. Whatever, I'll stick with dragonslayer and listen to other bands for now otherwise...but that's just my opinion. I also didn't like Hammerfall's two latest albums... :>
08.11.2006 - 02:55
danzig111
Account deleted
i previewed samples of the new album, it sounds okay to me

is it me or can anyone else not tell the difference between the past members and the replacements?
08.11.2006 - 17:14
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Gus G's guitar solos are missing, tbh, but the drumming sounds exactly the same...or, even less annoying. I don't like snowy shaw, though.
29.11.2006 - 06:28
poundingmetal74
Account deleted
United is a GREAT album. Their best since Dragonslayer. Very heavy and despite missing Snowy and Gus, their replacements more than fulfill the job. I think this is probably the "Heaviest" DE album to date.

In short: a great return - and the bonus tracks are great as well!
02.12.2006 - 02:29
Daru Jericho
I saw them live a while ago and they were excellent, performing some IMO mandatory tracks. They played a fair bit of United as well but the fans obviously wanted the older stuff. They put on a good performance, even without Gus G live so I liked that a lot. They played 'The Prophecy' too which surprised me a little but it would have been nice to see them perform a ballad.

United is an okayish fun album. Listenable but a little less than I expected.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

02.12.2006 - 02:53
Susan
Smeghead
elite
I just ordered United about 5 minutes ago. I'm really really exicted, I have a feeling they'll create SOME of the magic they had on Dragonslayer. I really enjoy the video for Fire! Battle! In Metal even though it's the dumbest song title ever, lol. I love this band
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
02.12.2006 - 04:02
danzig111
Account deleted
@Daru Jericho: they have written some sort of Power Ballads before
02.12.2006 - 15:04
okt31
Account deleted
Check out that interesting cover of the Eurovision contest winner song: My Number One.. It sounds like Rammstein for 10 sec but than it's great.. The last one on the CD.
31.01.2007 - 16:55
Stormheart
Account deleted
I got all albums and its the best heavy band to me after HammerFall.Nothing else to say...just rock!!!:banger2:
31.01.2007 - 17:32
APOHAKC
The Bard
I adore this band, they are so, so cool! I love all their albums but they have some pretty stupid songs like Heavy Metal Jesus, but what a hell they are good!!! United is little weaker then other albums but it is good, long live DreamEvil, I like the voice the most
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
01.02.2007 - 19:23
Susan
Smeghead
elite
I love United and think it might be there best album yet, or at least close. The title track is a little boring but the rest of the songs are so catchy and powerful! I'm so glad these guys didn't give up when they went through all the line-up changes and drama; this album is like a new lease on life for DE
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
18.02.2007 - 19:58
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Haven't heard the new album. Actually I only know 'The Book Of Heavy Metal' album but I like that album very much. Catchy songs with strong and heavy sound. I'll try to check out their other releases as well
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.02.2007 - 20:09
Ernis
狼獾
Indeed....the vocal is extremely good....excellent....it has just the right amount of power in it....and yeh...I heard this My Number One cover and I say that it's far more better than the original......without any doubt...
19.02.2007 - 23:03
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
Evilized is a damned good album. Forevermore is the best song in this one.
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
20.02.2007 - 00:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Oskmrgo83 on 19.02.2007 at 23:06

Evilized is a damned good album. Forevermore is the best song in this one.

That is my favorite album too, it is great release and all songs are great, I can't say the same for the book of heavy metal and dragonslayer, I just want to hear United!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
11.11.2008 - 12:45
Metalbound7
Dragonslayer is one of my fav albums of all time, and the song Evilized is a freakin' masterpiece!, i love that every song is very different from one another. Hail Dream Evil!
12.11.2008 - 15:17
Ascendant187
I still haven't heard the 'United' album but I thoroughly enjoyed 'The Book Of Heavy Metal'. The first song that got me into Dream Evil was 'Children Of The Night' - just seemed like a very fun song and something you can sing along to.