Metal Storm logo
The Agonist - New Song Online, Announce South American Tour

"Ideomotor", the brand new single from Canadian metallers The Agonist is currently streaming online exclusively at this location. The song comes off the band's upcoming album Prisoners, set to be released via Century Media Records on June 4th in Europe and June 5th in North America. More album details here.

In other news, the band also made the following announcement about upcoming South American shows: "South America! We're coming back! Check out the dates below for shows in July! More details to come!"

The Agonist - South American Tour:

July 21 - São Paulo, Brazil - Carioca Club
July 22 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - The Roxy Live
July 23 - Montevideo, Uruguay - Bluzz
July 25 - Lima, Peru - Yield Bar
July 26 - Lima, Peru - Yield Bar

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Agonist
Event: The Agonist: South American Tour 2012
Posted: 16.04.2012 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 95 users
16.04.2012 - 13:36
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
This sounds.....eh. It sounds like there trying way to hard to prove themselves to the more extreme metal community outside of the metalcore audience but I think they've lost something on the way. 8 minute song, with massive amounts of vocal tracking and more gothenburgy guitar work...and non of it grabbed my attention. Sure Allisa can do both clean and growls adequetly, but shes really not that phenomenal at either or individually, so I'm not sure what there trying to do with over representing her voice. The guitar work from before was good because it was so disconnected from typical riffage, but here its just doing that. Its a little disappointing considering their 2009 release was one of my biggest surprise finds of that year but this just seems to appear that The Agonist as a band have moved past that perfect slice of time back into mediocrity.
16.04.2012 - 13:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
New song sounds terrible. They're kidding themselves if they think there's enough material there to stretch it out for eight minutes. It's basically just the same generic riff hidden behind some weak growls and a poor man's Amy Lee-esque cleans.

This sounds like something you'd hear from mid-era In Flames if they incorporated female vocals into the mix and stopped writing solos.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 3213 | This month: 2