Metal Storm logo
General Surgery

18.04.2012 - 04:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Givin' it up for some legendary Swedish goregrind masters. For those of you who aren't aware of the band or the genre, my suggestion is to familiarize yourself with both as soon as possible.

It took these guys nearly two decades to release their debut full-length, after releasing some demo material, going on hiatus, returning with some splits, and then finally dropping Left Hand Pathology in 2006.

Now, after another full-length in 2009 (Corpus In Extremis: Analysing Necrocriticism), they give us a new compilation of "out of print singles, vinyl-only EPs, compilation appearances and a few unheard demos".

The collection covers about 20 years' worth of material and can be streamed and/or purchased right over here.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.04.2012 - 06:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Don't really know what to say about this band. I'm drunk, but I used to very much like 'Left Hand Pathology' way back when. Good solid shiz. They seem to fall off the planet after it was released though.
18.04.2012 - 06:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 18.04.2012 at 06:09
I'm drunk, but I used to very much like 'Left Hand Pathology' way back when.

Hopefully you feel the same when you're sober!

But seriously... this would probably make for some really good drunk listening. You should blast some good ol' LHP right meow.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.04.2012 - 06:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.04.2012 at 06:12

Hopefully you feel the same when you're sober!

But seriously... this would probably make for some really good drunk listening. You should blast some good ol' LHP right meow.

Spotify has Corpus In Extremis and the Necrology reissue (no LHP and I'm too lazy to summon it on Winamp). I'm going with the former. I recall an old memory years ago when I listened to 'Mondo Medicale' one time when I got home drunk (and updated about it enthusiastically) so I suspect I have a latent love of this kind of grind which I've long forgotten about.
19.04.2012 - 05:07
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
They were a related band when I used to listen to Fuck...I'm Dead, checked them out then and enjoyed them greatly.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.04.2012 - 05:57
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Quality stuff. I heard them for the first time when I was about 11 or so, just a song or two, but it stuck with me. Glad to know there is more available now.
19.04.2012 - 06:56
Branzig

I'm sure it comes as no surprise to people here (at least people who know my taste in music) that I FUCKING love these guys!

Grindcore is one of my favorite genres, and General Surgery just know how to do it right

On a quick side-note, I heard someone describe these guys as "Doom-Grind" I almost skinned them alive.
----
In Grind We Crust