05. My Girl is The Most Beautiful Thing In The world
06. Screen God
07. E-Love
08. Drunk
09. The Golden Jail
10. This Is Who We Are
11. Rebellion Song
12. For One Of Us

It's been a while that we can hear words about The Outburst here in France but "Entertainment" is only their first official album. As we say, it's never too late to produce a first release but we heard so many stuff about them (especially in reason of a strong promotion) that it's normal after all to expect something big coming from this young French band. I won't say that "Entertainment" is the revelation of the year but without being genius this album is solid and cool to listen to. The fans of Neo-Thrash Metal and female vocalists should have a look at it; I doubt that they will be disappointed.

"Entertainment" is an album o Neo-Thrash Metal. This is really modern on a side and a bit "pop" with catchy but commercial choruses but the music is cool and heavy in general. The Outburst's guitarists play big Metal riffs and the rhythms are powerful in general and give a really good "violence" to the music. Of course don't believe that it's classic Thrash, this is not the case but if you're into Neo Metal or like bands like Machine Head and can still stand female vocalists, you'll like this album. Maybe that it comes a bit late though because the trend is over now and some people will just not care about it but this is honest and not bad at all. In the future I will just hope that the band will find a way to be a bit more surprising and to add maybe some more violent sides in its music but right now it's hard to blame the band which clearly tried to do its best and make good songs nonetheless.

The production of the album is really good and clearly sounds professional (despite the fact that the ridiculous biography talks about "the Shakira of Metal" (hard to do something more stupid?)). The musicians are not bad and even if the voice of Sarah can be a bit cliché sometime, she is ok and at least doesn't thing with a pseudo Symphonic voice. But she will clearly have to work on her English accent, because even if it can be cute for someone who is not from France, this is really boring with time. A lot of French bands have this problem and it just doesn't look really professional. Of course this is just a matter of time but it will have to change in the future because it just has to be perfect really?

"Entertainment" is not the most innovative album and not a perfect release but finally The Outburst makes its first release and this is not too bad really. Some things will have to be fixed in the future (like the strong French accent) but all in all this release is not bad really. With good riffs and catchy melodies "Entertainment" is a nice start, let's hope that The Outburst will be able to convince people now, they're not the first to produce such kind of music so it won't be easy but at least they do it well so who know maybe that it will work. Have a look at it if you want to listen to Female fronted Metal band with "Nu" Metal influences.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 11.02.2009

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 3 users
18.04.2012 - 15:10
Rating: 7
BudDa

Neo Thrash? well, more like watered-down Thrash. Very watered-down. That said, I did enjoy bits of it. This is not that bad for a debut album. Oh and the lyrics? Haha. God no!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.

Hits total: 3173 | This month: 8