03. Ascending Beyond Good And Evil
04. Your Glory
05. Attainment
06. ΚΕΦΑΛΗΑ: Sabbath Of The Goat
07. Darkness
08. The Supreme Ritual
09. XXV

Additional info
Double-CD digibook co-released by Barghest and Terratur Possessions.

Staff review by
Troy Killjoy
Rating:
The two men behind Dødsengel have been releasing some quality material under that name for a few years now, catching a bit of a break with their 2010 release, Mirium Occultum, which helped spread their name across the globe and caught the attention of a great deal of black metal fans. Imperator should achieve the same results, only perhaps more so...

Read more ››
published 16.05.2012 | Comments (13)

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 100 users
18.04.2012 - 23:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Can't wait to review this beast.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.04.2012 - 14:14
Paz

This album is a serious challenge for the listener - two and a half hour of music...

I'm going to check the whole shit today, sounds really cool so far.
10.05.2012 - 15:32
Fenrisborg
Account deleted
This is a tough listen, it's hard to absorb everything. I'm liking it though, but I need to listen to it a lot more before I can attempt to give it a score.
10.05.2012 - 17:09
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I only had time for the first disc the other day... will be getting back around to the rest of it later. Looking forward to reviewing it in any case.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.05.2012 - 20:58
Unhealer
Eclecticist
First album is pretty cool indeed, really diverse. But I just have to take a rest before listening to the second one, it's too damn long :/
07.04.2014 - 03:12
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Revisiting this and I'm realizing that most of the length really comes from the amount of filler scattered about. It's a great album regardless, but I feel like if they focus themselves a bit more on quality over quantity, their next release will stand out quite a bit.
07.04.2014 - 03:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Alex F on 07.04.2014 at 03:12
Revisiting this and I'm realizing that most of the length really comes from the amount of filler scattered about.

That's my issue as well. Thankfully they make up for it with some interesting music but they could have trimmed the fat a little - similar to the latest Elysian Blaze. Both are excellent releases but lack replay value just based on their self-indulgent filler elements.
----

Hits total: 4835 | This month: 5