Metal Storm logo
Death To All Tour - Gorguts And Atheist Confirmed As Openers, Two More Dates Added

The Death To All Tour, a tour hosted by Sweet Relief in memory of Chuck Schuldiner, has recently confirmed technical death metal acts Gorguts and Atheist as the openers of the shows. Gorguts will be appearing on the first four dates of the tour, while Atheist will perform on the remaining three.

Luc Lemay, Gorguts' founder and frontman, stated: "If I owe one person regarding the fact that I chose to become a death metal musician in life, I totally owe this to Chuck Schuldiner. Back in 86-87 I was already a fan of the genre with Possessed Seven Churches, Celtic Frost Morbid Tales and Hellhammer Apocalyptic Raids. But the day I put my hand, Death Scream Bloody Gore cassette tape, my life changed. All I wanted was to become a guitar player, playing death metal and singing with a raw, evil and brutal voice like Chuck. So here I am, twenty five years later, as passionate as day one. Being on stage paying homage to this amazingly visionary and creative artist, Chuck Schuldiner. In my heart I see him as important as any composer of the 20th and 21st centuries. He created a language and a musical esthetic that will never be forgotten."

Atheist vocalist and guitarist Kelly Shaefer stated: "We could not be more honored to be direct support on the upcoming Death To All Tour! It's gonna be a blast to gather with all our old and dear friends form the early days of extreme metal, and also to help celebrate the music from the godfather of death metal, Chuck Schuldiner. Any fan of death/extreme metal, I'm telling you now, sell everything to attend one or more of these shows. It's going to be legendary and you can bet on that! We will be doing the Orlando, Atlanta and Dallas shows, so we hope to see all the Southern metal-heads out in force. Thanks to Anton and the organizers for asking us to be a part of this monumental moment in extreme metal history! See you all there!"

In addition, Death To All Tour will take place on two more dates:

7/01/2012 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
7/03/2012 - House of Blues - Dallas, TX

Tickets can be purchased here.

Source: deathtoall.info
Band profile: Death
Posted: 23.04.2012 by Lit 2.0

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 116 users
23.04.2012 - 17:36
MetalDoomMaster

Luc Lemay should just do the vocals for Death too.
23.04.2012 - 20:53
a MasT

Just bought mine fuckin sweeeeeettt!!!
23.04.2012 - 20:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by MetalDoomMaster on 23.04.2012 at 17:36
Luc Lemay should just do the vocals for Death too.

Agreed.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.04.2012 - 23:07
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
I like that the tickets are pretty cheap... will definitely be making a trip up to NY for this.
23.04.2012 - 23:13
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
I'm still curious as to what the "Death" set is going to be. The cool thing to do would be to have fans vote in setlists through one of those online polls, because that would really be a true celebration of the music, in my opinion. But I guess that's not going to happen...
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
24.04.2012 - 04:56
pisymbol

This has to be one of the coolest shows of the year. I mean c'mon now...
25.04.2012 - 03:32
Metalholic

if I had not already spent a fortune on tickets to Iron maiden in Atlanta the month before the atlanta show I would be buying VIPs to Atlanta
01.05.2012 - 19:43
SatyriconChick

Going to the 6/28 show here in NYC - just got tickets yesterday.

Hits total: 3461 | This month: 4