Metal Storm logo
Sonata Arctica - New Video Online

"I Have A Right", the brand new video from Finnish power metal band Sonata Arctica has premiered and is now available for viewing below. It was directed by Tuukka Temonen. The song, also available for streaming and download at this location, is taken from their upcoming album Stones Grow Her Name, out on May 18th in Europe and May 22nd in North America through Nuclear Blast. More album details here.

Source: sonataarctica.info
Band profile: Sonata Arctica
Posted: 23.04.2012 by *!*

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 43   Visited by: 215 users
25.04.2012 - 00:04
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Guest on 24.04.2012 at 23:59

Also the one for Lie. Wtf.

Awwwww I love that one. Especially Petrucci's guitar.

Gonna watch the RoF ones now, consider me scarred in advance... we should stop spamming
----
7.0 means the album is good
25.04.2012 - 00:06
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 25.04.2012 at 00:04

Written by Guest on 24.04.2012 at 23:59

Also the one for Lie. Wtf.

Awwwww I love that one. Especially Petrucci's guitar.

Gonna watch the RoF ones now, consider me scarred in advance... we should stop spamming

Heh, will do. And that is a pretty badass guitar. Love that solo.
25.04.2012 - 00:16
strade

Written by Milena on 24.04.2012 at 22:28

Written by strade on 24.04.2012 at 00:34

This hasn't been an actual metal band since Reckoning Night, so...

You sure? Not anything from Unia? Or some stuff from the latest? I'm not being a douche, I'm just curious, a lot of people say it's awful but I haven't come across with "non-metal" yet.

All right, so I was definitely exaggerating, but it was only to point out that these influences have been in their music for quite a while. I just think people shouldn't be shocked by the song.

In any case, against all odds, I liked it. If every song is this repetitive, it's going to be a tedious listen, though.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
25.04.2012 - 00:26
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by strade on 25.04.2012 at 00:16

All right, so I was definitely exaggerating, but it was only to point out that these influences have been in their music for quite a while. I just think people shouldn't be shocked by the song.

In any case, against all odds, I liked it. If every song is this repetitive, it's going to be a tedious listen, though.

They shouldn't be, really... everyone likes Silence, but on it you have Last Drop Falls and Tallulah, which are pretty much pure pop (and in my book, more or less average, like this song, although not a lot of people would agree with me).

And don't worry... Tony once said his biggest writing fault is overwriting (on a Sonata level! they aren't an avantgarde band so contain your snarky comments, you in the back), so I don't think we'll see a lot of repetition here. I have no idea what we'll see; the samples that have been taken off of youtube since I last saw them suggest it will be something new again.

I have no idea really, all bets are off. I don't think they'll disappoint, but I don't think they'll excel either. I would really like to see them next tour, it's been too long.
----
7.0 means the album is good
25.04.2012 - 10:25
Constantine

Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.04.2012 at 15:38

Written by Constantine on 24.04.2012 at 15:18
I'd better not comment on this new "song".

I'd better not quote you either.

Oh wait.

o_O
25.04.2012 - 20:34
wrathchild

Written by Milena on 24.04.2012 at 22:22

Written by Guest on 24.04.2012 at 04:01

Wolf & Raven

Am I the only SA fan in the world that really hates this song?

That song was the first to make me question my fanship with this band.
Once again, a band that will never top their debut album... sad.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
26.04.2012 - 14:50
Diksy

Disappointing ...
28.04.2012 - 04:44
MarioVillalobos

The song is not very "wow" is ok, but the video i loved very nice, is something that happens all the day and destroy a lot of lifes
01.05.2012 - 08:29
Torgo

No Jani No Metal
14.05.2012 - 01:42
SymphAlchemist

Boring video.
14.05.2012 - 01:42
SymphAlchemist

Boring video.
14.05.2012 - 22:33
feather_light

I must be one of the couple people that actually like this song, despite it sounding nothing like SA.

I'm really looking forward to this album. Unia and TDoG didn't do it for me, but from what I've heard of this one, I'm keeping my hopes up high!
----
16.05.2012 - 10:51
Cal Wolvington
Account deleted
And yet another one of my old favorite bands has taken a new direction, but where WT, Nightwish, Epica and Kamelot screwed up big time, I find myself actually enjoying this. How weird is that? This isn't good old SA, but it doesn't sound uninspired either. Commercial singles such as these are fine by me, just as long as the album is good and this song sounds promising enough to me. I also love Tony's new hair color, I have a thing for androgyny.
For those who prefer Jani, we'll always have Cain's Offering's amazing debut.

Hits total: 4323 | This month: 9